NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

3 minutes ago, Oklahoma said:

Playing against the Baltimore D. Up 1.58 points with 2 seconds left. The Browns Mickey Mouse bullshit ended my season. What happened to just throwing a Hail Mary like the good old days? Gah, worst beat in my fantasy career. I’m fuming. **** the Browns. 

Ahhhh geez that’s just brutal. Sorry man 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

I'm the 8 seed against the 1 seed in a 16 teamer. I've got Justin Tucker, he has Baltimore Def and JK Dobbins and I'm up 2.60 going into things tonight! (He's starting Dobbins because he was originally starting Fournette but Arians needed to change that script too)

Halftime: Tucker's XPs holding off Balt and Dobbins... I'm up 1.36

Everything going my way and then terrible Baker pick, almost a TD for the D, phew! Last thing the announcer had said of Dobbins was that he was hurt... Syke! Dobbins TD and things look bleak! I'm down 6ish and the browns would need 35+ points to cause that defense to go from +1 point to -3 points and tucker won't really be needed from here.

Oh wait... fast forward ... 

Tucker just kicked a 55 yarder and I'm now up by .6 points! I'm running and dancing around the living room and settling a bit, sort of forgetting there's more than just Tucker that can score points. I watch the browns field it at the 30 yard line, and it's, uhh, 20 seconds have gone by and it's uhh, the ball is now out of the back of the end zone? Oh that's a safety. Baltimore moves from -2 points scored to 0 points scored. 

I lose.

Edited by johnnymozart
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, Oklahoma said:

Playing against the Baltimore D. Up 1.58 points with 2 seconds left. The Browns Mickey Mouse bullshit ended my season. What happened to just throwing a Hail Mary like the good old days? Gah, worst beat in my fantasy career. I’m fuming. **** the Browns. 

Damn, I was playing Balt D but was up a bit more but after that play I was thinking, damn I hope nobody lost on that garbage. Tough one man. Sorry

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, johnnymozart said:

I'm the 8 seed against the 1 seed in a 16 teamer. I've got Justin Tucker, he has Baltimore Def and JK Dobbins and I'm up 2.60 going into things tonight! (He's starting Dobbins because he was originally starting Fournette but Arians needed to change that script too)

Everything going my way and then terrible Baker pick, almost a TD for the D, phew! Last thing the announcer had said of Dobbins was that he was hurt... Syke! Dobbins TD and things look bleak! I'm down 6ish and the browns would need 35+ points to cause that defense to go from +1 point to -3 points and tucker won't really be needed from here.

Tucker just kicked a 55 yarder and I'm now up by .6 points! I'm running and dancing around the living room and settling a bit, sort of forgetting there's more than just Tucker that can score points. I watch the browns field it at the 30 yard line, and it's, uhh, 20 seconds have gone by and it's uhh, the ball is now out of the back of the end zone? Oh that's a safety. Baltimore moves from -2 points scored to 0 points scored. 

I lose.

cotDAMN that blows 😪

... was this your opponent, tho?

p-amadeus-f-murray-abraham.jpg

Still just pissed.  Best draft ive ever had and out in round one with an 8-6 final record.  Most points scored by about 300, third highest against though.  Leader os 12-1 and has the least amount of points scored against by about 200.  Went against the likes of Gallups only good week, sanders best game of his career etc. 

hate fantasy

• Like 1
8 hours ago, johnnymozart said:

I lose.

Ughhh brooo my condolences 

9 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Played in one league against Lamar Jackson, Miles Sanders, J Taylor, Allen Robinson and Kelce. Ouch.

I went against Rodgers, Henry, Taylor, Diggs, JuJu, and bills’ D (amongst others). Guy dropped 210.

• Like 1

Talk about a gut wrenching way to end the season.

I needed Marquis Brown to score less than 11.24 points last night to survive and make the playoffs. He was sitting at 1.1 points at the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter, and I finally started to breathe a little easier. I thought I had survived terrible days from James Conner, Zeke, Lockett and Engram.

Of course, the next play, Jackson comes out and throws him a long TD where he gets just enough yardage to pass me. I lose by 0.78 points and my season is over. I lose to someone who didn't even set a lineup and could not make the playoffs. Not only that, I had second most points in the league and the team with the least amount of points ended up taking the last playoff spot. 

Just a gruel game we play. 

Edited by atdharris
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, Oklahoma said:

this is about the worst beat you could possibly take. Sorry. 

• Thanks 1

I just love making it to the playoffs (with a bye) and then my entire team just dies. Stafford, Gibson, Golladay, Fuller, Conner, Claypool, and Scary Terry now screwed with WFTs QB situation. Such BS gonna be 1 and done. Complete waste of a season. Gonna have to put together a frankenstein team to pull this out. I hate fantasy.

I was getting really excited because my opponent was going to have to start Singletary or Ahmed this week at RB2...but he gets a Christmas miracle and with Rojo likely out he has Fournette rising from the ashes to take the workhorse role this week to magically solve his problem.

I'm playing a good friend of mine in the semis this weekend. Practically had to beg him to join the league and he barely pays attention to the NFL. He more or less auto-drafted and when he needs a waiver pickup he just grabs whomever has the highest projection at the position. His starting lineup going into Week 15:

QB: Aaron Rodgers

RB: Alvin Kamara, Chris Carson

WR: Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton

TE: Travis Kelce

FLEX: JD McKissic, Nyheim Hines

DST: Bills

He put up 160 points last week (0.5 PPR; 4 point passing TDs) even though he started Kenny G instead of McKissic and ate a 0.

I also traded him Kelce very early in the season (I don't want to talk or think about this, it honestly gives me nausea).

This dude is probably gonna eliminate me from the playoffs and it's going to feel terrible.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I was getting really excited because my opponent was going to have to start Singletary or Ahmed this week at RB2...but he gets a Christmas miracle and with Rojo likely out he has Fournette rising from the ashes to take the workhorse role this week to magically solve his problem.

I wouldn't be shaking in my boots if I were you. Lenny sucks and Atlanta's run defense is actually pretty good. If I were you I'd hope Ahmed isn't playing so he does have to start Fournette. 

• Like 2

most points, undefeated (13-0), just coasting into the playoffs...didn't realize my league commish removed byes this year...realize this on saturday, so i didn't get to do the due diligence of shoring up my defense and flex spots. 

gaskin gets covid, dj gets covid, so i'm forced to play bernard and conner...i lose to a 5-8 team lol. what an absolute waste. 

20 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

most points, undefeated (13-0), just coasting into the playoffs...didn't realize my league commish removed byes this year...realize this on saturday, so i didn't get to do the due diligence of shoring up my defense and flex spots. 

gaskin gets covid, dj gets covid, so i'm forced to play bernard and conner...i lose to a 5-8 team lol. what an absolute waste. 

wait...how many teams make your playoffs? 8 or 4?

On 12/15/2020 at 12:13 AM, Oklahoma said:

https://twitter.com/Alex__Monaco/status/1338707218074542080?s=20

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

13-0 with Gaskin and David Johnson?  Very impressive.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

13-0 with Gaskin and David Johnson?  Very impressive.

i lost saquon in this league an was quick to pick up gaskin an drafted james robinson with my 2nd last pick. so i had good depth all year. all the teams where i picked up robinson, led to reg season success.

Owning CMC has been a such a headache. 2 years ago I had him and won my league. The following year I had the 3rd pick and had a chance to grab him, but took Kamara instead thinking he would break down due to usage. Goes on to have a historic year both in real life and fantasy. This year I had the 1st pick and I grabbed CMC. Have had him for a grand total of 3 games. He finally comes back after the dreaded high ankle sprain only to sprain his shoulder in the final seconds of his first game back. Seems to be on track to return after their bye just in time for the playoffs, but tweaks his thigh during the bye week SMH. What a ******** rollercoaster ride it has been. Somehow I was able to still finish in 1st place but my luck may end here in the semi's having to once again try to get a W without CMC.

• Like 1