2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

I don’t think people should be ranting too hard about facing Hunter Henry or Jacobs. Henry should have had a MUCH bigger game. He put up almost all his stats in the first half, he could easily have dropped 20+ if they kept targeting him in the second half. And Jacobs final statline was more or less what you’d expect from a 1st round draft pick, regardless of his inconsistency. I went up against both across several leagues and feel alright about it. 

This space should be reserved for those unfortunate enough to face off against Waller. They’ve got one hell of a mountain to climb to make it to the finals.

Scored the most points in my non-PPR league this season (1633, 110 more than the next-best team), despite two of my top three picks being Michael Thomas and Ekeler, who missed half the season. But this is a head-to-head league, and I finished second to a team that scored 300 less than me, because her opponents only averaged 88 points a game. Because of that Mahomes-to-Hill missed TD two weeks back (and Gibson's injury vs Pitt), I lost a three-point game and wound up finishing one game behind. Now I'm playing the aforementioned second-best team in the league, and they have nothing but great matchups for healthy players (Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Kamara, Hopkins, Corey Davis, Darren Waller, who already racked up 21, and the Seahawks defense), plus Wayne Gallman in the flex spot. Me, I've lost Fuller to suspension and Gibson, Michael Thomas, and Keenan Allen to injuries over the last week or two, and some of my matchups are hard-to-brutal (Carson and Metcalf vs. WFT, Mahomes facing the Saints). Basically I need Diggs and Mike Davis to go nuts with their plus matchups (and either Buffalo or Cleveland's D), now that Ekeler had a subpar night. I don't expect much from Fant at TE. I had such a good season, and I'm pretty much a lock to wind up in the consolation game with a banged-up team facing an opponent that scored either 200 or 300 points less than me this year, depending on who wins the other semi). Third place money at best, maybe nothing. Ugh. What a letdown - nightmare situation.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
details
  • Like 1

This was literally going to be my first week all season with my full optimal lineup healthy and playing at the same time. I was really excited. Now MT gets ruled out. Literally won't have a single week with the whole lineup intact at the same time. Remarkable. 

33 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This was literally going to be my first week all season with my full optimal lineup healthy and playing at the same time. I was really excited. Now MT gets ruled out. Literally won't have a single week with the whole lineup intact at the same time. Remarkable. 

With the plethora of injuries to big-time players this season coupled with COVID I feel like this is likely the case for just about everyone. I’m in three leagues, and I can say I haven’t had my full optimal lineup in any of them since week 2. 

6 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

With the plethora of injuries to big-time players this season coupled with COVID I feel like this is likely the case for just about everyone. I’m in three leagues, and I can say I haven’t had my full optimal lineup in any of them since week 2. 

100%. It's just so tragic that I was a few days away from finally having all my top guys healthy, and then I lose MT on Friday afternoon. Definitely not a unique problem for me, just particularly heartbreaking how it happened. 

• Like 1

I won the regular season, had the most total points and a 1st rd bye. My starting lineup before my team and entire bench died on me:

1. Stafford
  2. Tyreek
  3. Fuller
  4. Golladay
  5. Scary Terry
  6. Claypool
  7. Kamara
  8. Conner
  9. Gibson
  10. Kelce

I did own Cousins but I rage dropped him after his week 2 performance (that was stupid lol). But here is my lineup for the Semi Finals:

1. Chase Daniel (we started a super flex league and every team is hoarding like 6-8 QBs...bastards)
  2. Tyreek (Just a cramp...or something worrisome?)
  3. Scary Terry (trending down with Smith and possibly a rusty Haskins)
  4. Claypool (Getting the Tomlin treatment)
  5. Amendola (I'm sure I'll get screwed here in a spot start...picked him up over Tyron Johnson when I read Williams and Allen were starting...of course Tyron went off)
  6. Keke Coutee (Hansen SZN??? - not feeling confident)
  7. Kamara (will he give me a patented 30+pt game with Brees back or 12 pts?)
  8. Davis (Need them to feed him carries and pepper with receptions...worried about production)
  9. Irv Smith Jr. (Absolute crap shoot but rudolph is out again...praying for a td or 2)
  10. Kelce (Please just keep doing what you've been doing)

I'm projected to score my lowest points of the season. I'd rather lose at full strength than to go 1 and done on a lineup like this. Such BS. Complete waste of an entire season when you get hit with injuries, suspensions, and just god awful coaching decisions right around the most crucial time of the season. That is fantasy football in a nutshell. I hate it so f'ing much.

10 minutes ago, hezagenius said:

Hoping Kamara gets triple teamed 

Should literally be bracket covered on every play. I'd take a DB and LB and commit them 100% to taking Kamara out of the game. Let literally anyone else beat you. It's the most obvious strategy ever, but NFL defenses are 2 decades behind offenses, so Kamara will have a dozen catches. 

10 hours ago, MingusDew said:

Oh for Christ's sake now MT is out. Kamara is going to put up 50 points.

hah. on top of being on my team and being basically worthless all season MT gets one final "f--- you" in on me as I'm also going against Kamara this week. He really got me coming and going this season. Ugh.

10 hours ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Scored the most points in my non-PPR league this season (1633, 110 more than the next-best team), despite two of my top three picks being Michael Thomas and Ekeler, who missed half the season. But this is a head-to-head league, and I finished second to a team that scored 300 less than me, because her opponents only averaged 88 points a game. Because of that Mahomes-to-Hill missed TD two weeks back (and Gibson's injury vs Pitt), I lost a three-point game and wound up finishing one game behind. Now I'm playing the aforementioned second-best team in the league, and they have nothing but great matchups for healthy players (Rodgers, Aaron Jones, Kamara, Hopkins, Corey Davis, Darren Waller, who already racked up 21, and the Seahawks defense), plus Wayne Gallman in the flex spot. Me, I've lost Fuller to suspension and Gibson, Michael Thomas, and Keenan Allen to injuries over the last week or two, and some of my matchups are hard-to-brutal (Carson and Metcalf vs. WFT, Mahomes facing the Saints). Basically I need Diggs and Mike Davis to go nuts with their plus matchups (and either Buffalo or Cleveland's D), now that Ekeler had a subpar night. I don't expect much from Fant at TE. I had such a good season, and I'm pretty much a lock to wind up in the consolation game with a banged-up team facing an opponent that scored either 200 or 300 points less than me this year, depending on who wins the other semi). Third place money at best, maybe nothing. Ugh. What a letdown - nightmare situation.

This is why leagues that only offer prizes based on head to head outcomes draw my strongest ire. They're way too luck oriented. At least have a separate prize pool for h2h and one for total points. Make the buy-in significant enough to where the prizes are worth it for both prize pools. I never thought id be on to think this, but my favorite leagues are always the ones that aren't vanilla settings. The leagues on myfantasyleague are so much more fun, it's really not even close. 

For example in one of my leagues, my favorite league, the largest prizes are for total points ranked 1-5, then another big prize pool for the typical super bowl winner in h2h format, and then we do a league survivor pool, and free agency is with real $$ and all that money goes straight to the prize pool (on top of the buy-ins). On top of that, our scoring is unique so it's one hell of a league. Certainly makes it so that strictly H2H leagues are terrible in my opinion. 

Oh, and as an Aaron Jones owner, he'll get 17 touches for 75 yards and no TDs this weekend. Take that to the bank (unfortunately). Jokes aside, good luck man. Sorry to hear that your great team is stuck in that situation, and as we all know too well, timing is almost everything in fantasy (especially so, probably overly so in h2h leagues... )

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

This is why leagues that only offer prizes based on head to head outcomes draw my strongest ire. They're way too luck oriented. At least have a separate prize pool for h2h and one for total points. Make the buy-in significant enough to where the prizes are worth it for both prize pools. I never thought id be on to think this, but my favorite leagues are always the ones that aren't vanilla settings. The leagues on myfantasyleague are so much more fun, it's really not even close. 

For example in one of my leagues, my favorite league, the largest prizes are for total points ranked 1-5, then another big prize pool for the typical super bowl winner in h2h format, and then we do a league survivor pool, and free agency is with real $$ and all that money goes straight to the prize pool (on top of the buy-ins). On top of that, our scoring is unique so it's one hell of a league. Certainly makes it so that strictly H2H leagues are terrible in my opinion. 

Oh, and as an Aaron Jones owner, he'll get 17 touches for 75 yards and no TDs this weekend. Take that to the bank (unfortunately). Jokes aside, good luck man. Sorry to hear that your great team is stuck in that situation, and as we all know too well, timing is almost everything in fantasy (especially so, probably overly so in h2h leagues... )

great stuff 👍

my biggest $$$ leeg also augments the pots, and has cash supplements along the way:

- pretty substantial buy in (i shan't disclose exact number, but it's well worth shooting for 😄).

- $5 per waiver transaction, $10 per ffa transaction (we do this to encourage the cheaper mofos to use their waiver priority rather than camp out at 3 a.m. waiting for waivers to process ... but most still do the latter 😁).

- each losing team owes $10 for the week, and that $60 gets halved - with $30 going to weekly high scorer, rest into the final pot. 

- final pot is then cut up as follows: 25% of all transaction coin to best record, 25% of all transaction coin to most pernts scored. 

- rest of the transaction money is then chucked in with the entry fees, and final payout is 65% to champ, 30% to second, 5% to 3rd place conso winner. 

• Like 1

Why don't some of you switch up a few leagues and take the playoffs out and make it best record wins(Points scored on the Year) if tied..win it all. It's the best thing I've played in compared to dumb playoffs. Nothing worse then getting bounced by an unworthy team. 

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Nothing worse then getting bounced by an unworthy team. 

On the other hand, there's a lot of joy in scraping into the playoffs and upsetting the favorite. I've always thought that's part of the attraction of American sports and their playoffs :)

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

On the other hand, there's a lot of joy in scraping into the playoffs and upsetting the favorite. I've always thought that's part of the attraction of American sports and their playoffs :)

Yeah when you're on that end it's great lol. I enjoy no playoffs. More incentive to go harder on free agents and trades to make sure you're the very best each and every week. I'm very aggressive in these leagues. I'll sell everyone that week to get the win. Literally made 18 trades in my main league this year. Most we've ever had in a season was 8. That was also me

Diggs, Beasley, and Davis all going...as predicted, Bills are lighting up the scoreboard but not a damn thing to show for it. This is the kind of **** that drives you bat **** and just probably wouldn't happen in 9 out 10 games but here we are...my opponents must be doing backflips right  now.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, CletisVanDamme said:

Diggs, Beasley, and Davis all going...as predicted, Bills are lighting up the scoreboard but not a damn thing to show for it. This is the kind of **** that drives you bat **** and just probably wouldn't happen in 9 out 10 games but here we are...my opponents must be doing backflips right  now.

Yup, lack of RZ looks for Diggs is particularly annoying

• Like 1