NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

shakestreet

My opponent had his worst players play so far with Hunter Henry and Melvin Gordon...yet I'm getting outscored with Adams and Aaron Jones. Who would have thought Hunter Henry would be better than Davante Adams this week. This is making me sick...the ECR #1 WR and top 3 RB are losing points to a borderline top 10 TE and borderline top 20 RB.

Edited by GoPackGo23

I just wanted to pop in because even in the irrelevant 5th place game, my opponent is having the week of their lives (a recurring theme all year). It's unreal how bad my points against was, but last week I played the highest scorer of the week to get eliminated (I would've beaten any of the other playoff teams easily) and now in the 5th place game I glanced at the score and just laugh. He's already used Waller, Melvin Gordon and has Aaron Jones going. It's just more salt to add to the wound lol. Can't wait till this crap is just officially over.

• Like 2

So my opponent had three of his worst players play with Crosby, Gordon, and Hunter Henry...and I had my three best players play with Adams, Diggs, and Aaron Jones. I'm only up by 6 points...screw this. Number one seed, outscored every team by 150+ points on the year, and I'm going to not even make the championship with the following roster in a 12 team league:

QB: Tannehill

RB: A. Jones, J. Robinson, Akers

WR: Adams, Diggs, A. Robinson

I have won 6 of 7 with the hottest team in the leeg and now DAVANTE + AARON + KEENAN = SH*T SHOW.

I sat FANT for COOK, 20 points lost.   

My opponent started Josh Allen.

I was favored by 15 points and now I'm down 30 in projections.  

Going to need my opponents to suffer some 1st qtr injuries tomorrow!  That or get multiple 30+ point games from my remaining players.  SUCCCCCCCCCk.

3 hours ago, ZappB said:

Damn you Josh Allen!

After facing Allen, my Rodgers, Robby Anderson, and Mike Davis stunk up the joint.  I had the highest scoring team in the regular season as well.  My season is likely over.

Edited by ZappB

This might be the year that finally does me in and makes me quit altogether. I play in two leagues, and for the past 5 years I've made the playoffs in both every single year as a top 3 seed. In those 10 recent playoff appearances, I have zero championships, four 2nd places, five 3rd places, and one 5th place finish.

I thought maybe things would finally break my way this year as I entered the playoffs as the top scoring team in both leagues (and by a wide margin). Before the Sunday games I'm already projected to lose by 30+ in both matchups now because every player I've gone against has doubled their projections and I had Davante Adams flop in both. In one league I went up against Waller, Aaron Jones, and Bills D. And in my other league I had Davante against Melvin Gordon and Hunter Henry. Not to mention my opponents have guys like Jonathan Taylor, Aiyuk, and Montgomery coming out of nowhere to be elite studs.

I can't take this anymore. Every year I put together a top team and somehow face the highest scoring team in the league when I get to my playoff matchups.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lost in the finals in 1 league the last 3 years in a row. Now going to lose in the semis this year because CMC, Kittle, and Golladay got hurt. Conner fell off a cliff and got hurt as well. Mean while my opponent gets Taylor and Akers peaking at the perfect time plus cake matchups

Edited by vthokie3

Stupid Matt Stafford is gonna cost me a potential win as he’s gonna get knocked out of the game on the first play bc of his ribs. There’s no point in him starting. He has nothing to play for and now I’m forced to plug him in. And I’m sitting Conner who will finally go off now that he’s on my bench. I f’ing hate fantasy so much. Can’t wait to see this nonsense play out bc that’s fantasy football. 

11-2 this season.

1st in the league.

1st in scoring.

Bye week.

Starting with confidence ... but.

It's sunday. Opposite team has already 112 points with Rams D, Akers and A.Cooper left.

I have 0 points (all players left).

I will probably need to go 150 or higher to win.

I'm mad. I hate fantasy. But I love it. But I hate it.

****ing hulk smash mad about leaving Marvin Jones on my bench. Tried to talk myself into it, but couldn't talk myself out of starting my "studs". Even though Jones is a damn stud himself. He's going to end up with 30+ points. Season ending decision. Soul crushing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

****ing hulk smash mad about leaving Marvin Jones on my bench. Tried to talk myself into it, but couldn't talk myself out of starting my "studs". Even though Jones is a damn stud himself. He's going to end up with 30+ points. Season ending decision. Soul crushing. 

I was going to start him over Keenan until Keenan yelled “don’t sit me”. 😂

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Who did you start over him?