2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

One last vent at the entire fantasy community for being embarrassingly slow to adjust their preconceptions. Marvin Jones was the 28th ranked PPR WR by fantasy pros consensus rankings. Literally 20 spots too low. It's the only reason I didn't start him. Good chance that it will cost me a championship. 

Gonna haunt me all offseason. 

I was a bit guilty of following rankings too much this year.  The thing to remember is they're probably hedging their bets.  Marvin Jones never gets respect.  I don't recall any of the pros respecting Aiyuk much until recently.  I was surprised that Akers was #3 for Rotoworld rankings this week though.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, ZappB said:

I was a bit guilty of following rankings too much this year.  The thing to remember is they're probably hedging their bets.  Marvin Jones never gets respect.  I don't recall any of the pros respecting Aiyuk much until recently.  I was surprised that Akers was #3 for Rotoworld rankings this week though.

I have a set of rules I try to follow and "never trust rankings over your gut" is high on the list. Of course, "don't get cute" is up there too. The thing is, starting Jones wasn't getting cute when he's top 10 in every WR stat. Oh well. Have to move on.

• Thanks 1

Would have won if I didn't swap Tannehill for Watson at the last second. I was even confident with my Tannehill decision all week until I had Adams go up against Aaron Jones on Saturday night, and decided to play Watson because I needed high upside to pair with Derrick Henry. FML.

Annnnnd that officially ends my season in both leagues. #1 seed in both, 15-1 combined record since week 5 coming into the semi finals. Marks the 6th year in a row where I made the playoffs in both without a single championship appearance. Not sure what more I could do...

12 team league, and look at this roster:

QB: Tannehill

RB: A. Jones, J. Robinson, Akers

WR: Adams, Diggs, Allen Robinson

TE: Goedert

Rams D

Koo

I'll rant for my league mate. Guy went undefeated in the regular season +  #1 scoring team and just got ousted by a team with a 6-7 regular season record who also scored 350ish less points than him during that time. Hard ouch.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tryptamine said:

I'll rant for my league mate. Guy went undefeated in the regular season +  #1 scoring team and just got ousted by a team with a 6-7 regular season record who also scored 350ish less points than him during that time. Hard ouch.

Who did the winning team have? 

Had Chubb vs. Landry tonight, every time CHubb did something positive, Landry got a nice catch right after to negate it (aside from the TD, which Chubb thankfully later negated), ended up gaining about a half point on a 20 pt deficit, now I have to count on Juju, which does not inspire me with confidence

8 hours ago, JCDaly said:

Had Chubb vs. Landry tonight, every time CHubb did something positive, Landry got a nice catch right after to negate it (aside from the TD, which Chubb thankfully later negated), ended up gaining about a half point on a 20 pt deficit, now I have to count on Juju, which does not inspire me with confidence

Almost the same situation. I was down by 25 and have Chubb and Diontae Johnson going against Landry. Now I'm down by 30. I need a career game from Diontae to have a chance.

Jalen Hurts on my bench while Russ completely duds yet again. I knew I should bench Russ - felt it all week. But of course I was called "crazy" and Russ was still a top 5 guy according to the experts. They also told me that Hurts had no ceiling. Cost me my season.

One thing I've learned this year is that I need to rely on my own analysis and instincts. Deferring to the opinions of those whom are more "well-informed" cost me multiple weeks.

9 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Annnnnd that officially ends my season in both leagues. #1 seed in both, 15-1 combined record since week 5 coming into the semi finals. Marks the 6th year in a row where I made the playoffs in both without a single championship appearance. Not sure what more I could do...

12 team league, and look at this roster:

QB: Tannehill

RB: A. Jones, J. Robinson, Akers

WR: Adams, Diggs, Allen Robinson

TE: Goedert

Rams D

Koo

I don't understand. Who did you you lose to with this squad this week? That's insane!!!

Two rants:

In one league, Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt decided to disappear against NYG of all teams...now need Diontae to score 25 which is probably a pipe dream.

In another, lose out on Jalen Hurts in waiver priority (Y! cash league that doesn't use FAAB - yikes I know) to the 3rd seed. He doesn't even start Hurts. Ended up having to start Derek Carr (lol).  

42 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I don't understand. Who did you you lose to with this squad this week? That's insane!!!

I ran into the perfect storm...his team scored a combined 13 TDs...just unreal. What's even more frustrating is I outscored the other two playoff teams by almost 40 and still had the second highest score in the league. This was his team...obviously some good players but almost everyone waaaay overperformed. I would beat this team 19 times out of 20. This is why fantasy is so frustrating...you're telling me these guys are better than Tannehill, Adams, Diggs, A. Jones, J. Robinson, and A. Robinson? Sure okay...

Jalen Hurts

David Montgomery

Melvin Gordon

Tyreek Hill

Chad Hansen!?!?!?!?

Brandon Aiyuk

Hunter Henry

Bills D

Edited by GoPackGo23
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I ran into the perfect storm...his team scored a combined 13 TDs...just unreal. What's even more frustrating is I outscored the other two playoff teams by almost 40 and still had the second highest score in the league. This was his team...obviously some good players but almost everyone waaaay overperformed. I would beat this team 19 times out of 20. This is why fantasy is so frustrating...you're telling me these guys are better than Tannehill, Adams, Diggs, A. Jones, J. Robinson, and A. Robinson? Sure okay...

Jalen Hurts

David Montgomery

Melvin Gordon

Tyreek Hill

Chad Hansen!?!?!?!?

Brandon Aiyuk

Hunter Henry

Bills D

😭 BRUTAL. I'm sorry man. I legitimately had to google Chad Hansen and I had Will Fuller on my team this year smh.  Gordon 2 TDs in an absolute blowout. Just brutal.

1 minute ago, USWAY said:

😭 BRUTAL. I'm sorry man. I legitimately had to google Chad Hansen and I had Will Fuller on my team this year smh.  Gordon 2 TDs in an absolute blowout. Just brutal.

Yeah man, this one stings. Especially since I've made the playoffs the past five years with no championship appearances. I put in so much effort this year to break the drought and put together such a stacked team...only to lose by a mediocre team that had the game of their lives. I bet next week too I'll easily outscore both of the teams in the championship.