NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

shakestreet

I got screwed over by Wilson and Carson big time.   Now I need like 15 points from the Steelers D to advance to the Finals in my big money league.  Not impossible but this was a comfortable win if they just put up average numbers.  Ugh...

Hurts worse cos I have pollard and his 27 pts on my bench lol

Edited by cloudee

30 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Poor performances by Cam Akers, DaVante Adams and Kenyan Drake did me in.  I was feeling pretty good after my week started with good games by Justin Herbert and D.J. Moore but it was all downhill after that.

Davante Adams was a soul crusher man. I'm gonna lose by single digits because of him too. I don't think I've been more devastated by a dud performance in the playoffs as much as I was this week with Adams. Not only hurts as a Packers/Adams fan, but because he had been so elite and consistent up to this point that this was the last guy on your roster you thought would sink you. Still can't get over it and can't believe this was the difference maker of me missing the championship.

3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Davante Adams was a soul crusher man. I'm gonna lose by single digits because of him too. I don't think I've been more devastated by a dud performance in the playoffs as much as I was this week with Adams. Not only hurts as a Packers/Adams fan, but because he had been so elite and consistent up to this point that this was the last guy on your roster you thought would sink you. Still can't get over it and can't believe this was the difference maker of me missing the championship.

Throw a couple hundred at some DFS lineups and at the very least you'll have different things to be upset about.

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Throw a couple hundred at some DFS lineups and at the very least you'll have different things to be upset about.

Haha this is usually how I cope with my seasonal playoff losses. I try telling myself that if I end up winning some good money in DFS after the season is over, then it makes up for these devastating losses. But more often than not it just adds even more frustration 😂

17 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Haha this is usually how I cope with my seasonal playoff losses. I try telling myself that if I end up winning some good money in DFS after the season is over, then it makes up for these devastating losses. But more often than not it just adds even more frustration 😂

Truth. But imagine if Davante redeems you big in one. 

Highest scoring team in the regular season, lost the last week of the regular season by 3 points and in doing so missed out getting a bye week...  My team then goes on to score the fewest point total I had all year in the first round and get bounced out of the playoffs... Then, in the irrelevant 5th place match up, my team goes on to score the highest point total that any team in our league scored in a single week all year. f--- fantasy football. 

Edited by DOOSH MAGOOSH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, cloudee said:

I got screwed over by Wilson and Carson big time.   Now I need like 15 points from the Steelers D to advance to the Finals in my big money league.  Not impossible but this was a comfortable win if they just put up average numbers.  Ugh...

Hurts worse cos I have pollard and his 27 pts on my bench lol

Carson is literally my only skill position player who didn’t score a TD, and I am still going to lose unless Juju gets hurt without scoring 2 points tonight. Of course the week Carson gets fed a bunch of touches Hyde somehow has a 50 yard TD run. Frustrating year for sure.

8 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Almost the same situation. I was down by 25 and have Chubb and Diontae Johnson going against Landry. Now I'm down by 30. I need a career game from Diontae to have a chance.

I hear ya, it sucks, worst thing is, even against CIN, prob neither of us gets there🤢

Three weeks ago I had a WR corps of DK Metcalf, Will Fuller, Stefon Diggs and Michael Thomas (my first round pick), plus Keenan Allen (whom I picked up back in week 1 or 2 after someone waived him in frustration when he hit the injury report). Crazy loaded, plus Antonio Gibson had just scored over 30 points against the Cowboys, so I was feeling pretty ready for the playoffs. And Ekeler had just come back too!

Well, somehow I'm down to Metcalf as my only healthy WR (facing Jalen Ramsey again, of course), and I'm now going to be playing in the third-place game after facing the one team who outscored me in the semifinal round. Gibson sure would have helped too. Plus, Mahomes might not even play a full game this coming Sunday due to the irrelevance of the Falcons game to KC's playoff seed. Sometimes fantasy football makes you feel like the universe is trying to punish you for something...

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, 99-percent-sure said:

Three weeks ago I had a WR corps of DK Metcalf, Will Fuller, Stefon Diggs and Michael Thomas (my first round pick), plus Keenan Allen (whom I picked up back in week 1 or 2 after someone waived him in frustration when he hit the injury report). Crazy loaded, plus Antonio Gibson had just scored over 30 points against the Cowboys, so I was feeling pretty ready for the playoffs. And Ekeler had just come back too!

Well, somehow I'm down to Metcalf as my only healthy WR (facing Jalen Ramsey again, of course), and I'm now going to be playing in the third-place game after facing the one team who outscored me in the semifinal round. Gibson sure would have helped too. Plus, Mahomes might not even play a full game this coming Sunday due to the irrelevance of the Falcons game to KC's playoff seed. Sometimes fantasy football makes you feel like the universe is trying to punish you for something...

Good chance Allen and Diggs are fine. Your WR situation actually seems pretty good.

My first place team plays against the guy who started Keenan Allen, awesome, Saturday was great, I should easily win.   Even better, I had Henry, Kyler Murray, and I even flexed David Johnson!

Yeah.........he had Pollard, McKissic, and Fournette.   I don't mind losing to a good team.  If it was a trio of Josh Allen, Aaron Jones, and Darren Waller, that's fine, they're legit.   Three backups who hit improbable peak games all in the same week, on the same blanking team?  

Also- f Taysom Hill for taking 6 points I could've used from Kamara.   And F the Rams defense I picked up weeks ago and held forever because of this so called can't miss matchup.  

Alright, so I needed 8 points from Roethlisberger to advance to the championship. His low of the year was 12 before this game. This is a league where I was easily the top scorer, had the most points scored against me, and didn't get a bye. So now i'm facing who will be the top scorer (if Ben had gotten 8, it would have been me), and I would have beaten the other two playoff teams easily. 

To top it all off, I had the Steelers in my eliminator pool as well.

I truly believe I am cursed.

• Like 1

First place team eked into the championship game against me because his opponent’s Hunt and Steelers D completely crapped the bed.

Steelers somehow losing to CIN means I likely won’t have Mahomes next week in the championship game; opponent has no Chiefs players. Also lost CMC, CEH and now Akers.

Had I played any other bench player but Russell Wilson... the only QBs who performed worst were Cam, Lock and McCoy. I'm done if there's no magic stat correction

.LOL.jpeg.e6daa0a75fa7a2e0d181765b9f25fafa.jpeg

Edited by FML
typo
  • Like 1