2020 Vent & Rant Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Me going up against Kamara and Thielen watching the last minutes:    

Check this lost this weekend. .. I needed 3.83 from Singletary . got 3.80    110.92 vs. Compare Managers

Posted Images

All the guys who carried me all year laid eggs. Henry puts up a dud, Tyreek isn't on the field half the game, Kyler doesn't run or pass for TD and Robinson was out. I also started Goedert over Gronk. Cooks and Wilson are the only reason I have any shot at all.

49 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Two years in a row where I'm the highest scoring team in the regular season, losing in the semis, and winning third place but I would've won the championship.

Same thing happened to me as the #1 seed and highest scoring team. The team that beat me scored 165 last week against me, and then dropped a 75 turd in the championship. I also outscored the other team too that was in the championship game. I'm now 0-4 in the semi finals in that league over the past 5 years.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Same thing happened to me as the #1 seed and highest scoring team. The team that beat me scored 165 last week against me, and then dropped a 75 turd in the championship. I also outscored the other team too that was in the championship game. I'm now 0-4 in the semi finals in that league over the past 5 years.

Packer fan huh? Couldn’t happen to a nicer person......😂😂😂

11-2 on the season with ~160 average per week, with a great team but man it hard to over come what I was against. They scored the most points in league history (over 8 years).

My team did alright but I just couldn't compete against, All but 2 of his players went ham.

Rodgers, Kamara, David Johnson, Hopkins, Lamb, Crowder, Gio

Crowder himself outscored my tyreek hill and calvin combined lol

Edited by Shaggz235

League 1: Had Wilson and Mostert last week, dropped Wilson right before the Dallas game to get a defense in preparation for championship. Come waivers this week and my opponent needs a waiver RB for his RB2. Waivers wont allow me to get Wilson since I need to let him clear because I dropped him. I get Pollard to block my opponent. He gets Ahmed. Wilson clears waivers.... I contemplate all day using my final transaction for the season on Wilson (we have a limit of moves to make per week and per season) keep in mind at this point it's still up in the air on who the Dolphins RB will be, who the Cowboys RB will be and if Wilson will play. Finally Thursday morning my opponent grabs Wilson. Later that day is sounds like Gaskin will play, Zeke will play and Wilson will play. I knew I should have grabbed Wilson! Now I am down 1, he has Diggs left and I have Bass left. So I need a kicker to outscore a WR1. 

League 2: I have been dominating all season.... 5 of the last 6 weeks I have been highest scoring team. This week my opponent has Kamara and Cooks. He scored his highest total of the year by about 40 points. I lost by 17.  

Edited by Fried Pork Grind

Ran into the Kamara, Evans, Adams stack this week, never had a chance.  I had the 2nd highest scoring team at 155 points.  With projections he is slated to get 205 points (sitting at 195 now) with a normal team scoring 120 in ppr.  I was the top scoring team playing for money and 3rd place since last week I ran into a team that put up 195 as well....such is fantasy life.   Thought this year was going to be my year.

I was the top scoring team all season and ended up losing in week 16 because I sat Myles Gaskins and played Le'veon Bell.  Doh!  Plus I cut Jeff Wilson (owned Mostert) right before week 15's games started and couldn't get him back unless he cleared waivers - which he didn't.  My opponent played him in the flex.  Another costly Doh!  It wouldn't have mattered if I stuck with Gaskins though.

So stupid that I outscored the "champion" of our league in the regular season, and also outscored him in every single week of the playoffs. But yet he gets rewarded and I don't because of the luck of the draw with head to head matchups.

The team that beat me last week with 170 put up 74 this week in the championship. Meanwhile, I'm chilling here in the meaningless third place game with 200 points thanks to Adams and Diggs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

So stupid that I outscored the "champion" of our league in the regular season, and also outscored him in every single week of the playoffs. But yet he gets rewarded and I don't because of the luck of the draw with head to head matchups.

The team that beat me last week with 170 put up 74 this week in the championship. Meanwhile, I'm chilling here in the meaningless third place game with 200 points thanks to Adams and Diggs.

I feel you. My money league I was 11-3, top scoring team. Get knocked out by a lucky team(only 4 teams advance). Guess what the championship teams did this week? 100.14-102.30. JFC!!!

Also just lost a Finals matchup by 2 cause Bills D couldn’t get any turnovers this sucks.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

That's the problem with FF.  The main goal is to get ourselves into the playoffs and then we need to hope to have good luck.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ZappB said:

That's the problem with FF.  The main goal is to get ourselves into the playoffs and then we need to hope to have good luck.

2 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

thats why we play the game. The best team doesn't always win

Or, you could play in a league that doesn't have head to head matchups? My league has zero head to head matchups, including the playoffs. The best team wins every year. Crazy idea, I know. 

People rant a lot in here about things that aren't necessary to fantasy football. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1