NBC Sports Edge Forums

WDIS? WHIR! Parker, Engram or Slayton or McKinnon In flex

Full point PPR and right now I am projected to lose by four points. I would love to start Devante Parker but I’m worried about the hamstring and playing against Stephane Gilmore. The alternative is to start one of Evan Engram or Darius Slayton in the Giants game who could be trailing have to throw a lot though Pittsburgh defence is quite good. Another option is starting Jerick McKinnon who might see more usage as Kevin Coleman may not play because of the poor air quality and him having sickle cell trait..

Full point PPR and right now I am projected to lose by four points. I would love to start Devante Parker but I’m worried about the hamstring and playing against Stephane Gilmore. The alternative is to start one of Evan Engram or Darius Slayton in the Giants game who could be trailing and have to throw a lot though Pittsburgh’s defence is quite good. Another option is starting Jerick McKinnon who might see more usage as Kevin Coleman may not play because of the poor air quality and him having sickle cell trait. WDIS? WHIR!

I know the matchup is concerning, but I'd still roll with Parker here.  Parker has had some success against Gilmore in the past, and so even though his ceiling may be capped he still should put up a decent performance.

As for Slayton and Engram - the Steelers defense is also no joke, so I expect their ceilings to be capped too.  One Giant pass-catcher might have a decent day, but good luck predicting who from among Shepard, Tate, Slayton, and Engram.  And as intriguing as McKinnon is, he hasn't played NFL football in over 2 years.  I want to see it on the field once before I start plugging him into my lineup.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, tusb said:

I know the matchup is concerning, but I'd still roll with Parker here.  Parker has had some success against Gilmore in the past, and so even though his ceiling may be capped he still should put up a decent performance.

As for Slayton and Engram - the Steelers defense is also no joke, so I expect their ceilings to be capped too.  One Giant pass-catcher might have a decent day, but good luck predicting who from among Shepard, Tate, Slayton, and Engram.  And as intriguing as McKinnon is, he hasn't played NFL football in over 2 years.  I want to see it on the field once before I start plugging him into my lineup.

Good luck!

Thanks!