NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook

Just when we though we had a great RB2 for the playoffs...

Already out for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, Myles Gaskin (COVID-19) is also expected to miss Week 15 against the Patriots. 

Gaskin is COVID positive, so unless there are some gymnastics with when he first started displaying symptoms, he will be ineligible to suit up next week. COVID positive players must miss at least 10 days. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) likely to return some time before Week 16, Gaskin is suddenly a tenuous hold for the fantasy playoffs. DeAndre Washington will make the Week 14 start in his absence. We would probably cut Gaskin loose in re-draft leagues. 

Dec 12, 2020, 5:02 PM ET
  •  

nn7aNBh.gif

• Haha 5
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if ya have the Ravens rook, too? 🍧 Gaskin-Dobbins 🍨

13 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Just when we though we had a great RB2 for the playoffs...

Already out for Sunday's game against the Chiefs, Myles Gaskin (COVID-19) is also expected to miss Week 15 against the Patriots. 

Gaskin is COVID positive, so unless there are some gymnastics with when he first started displaying symptoms, he will be ineligible to suit up next week. COVID positive players must miss at least 10 days. With Salvon Ahmed (shoulder) likely to return some time before Week 16, Gaskin is suddenly a tenuous hold for the fantasy playoffs. DeAndre Washington will make the Week 14 start in his absence. We would probably cut Gaskin loose in re-draft leagues. 

Dec 12, 2020, 5:02 PM ET
  •  

nn7aNBh.gif

Why can’t we have nice things?

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

So is Gaskin 100% out this week no ifs ands or buts? Or is there a chance he gets through Covid?

Doing some reading up on various sites and it doesn't seem clear cut.

As per the above, if he was reported positive on Sunday, let's assume the test was likely on Saturday 12; then if he is Covid free on Tuesday 22, he could play then.

For him to play next Sunday, he would then have had to be positive last Thursday - except he actually was a full participant on Friday.

So I'm going to say: that's a definite no.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

No - if Gaskin plays you cannot trust anyone in this backfield. With Gaskin out then Ahmed is a great start. 

[...]  Considering dropping him just to be a landmine...

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
16 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I would lean towards both Ahmed and Gaskin being viable plays this week at Vegas 

I think with either of those guys the floor gets really low and the ceiling also comes down quite a bit. It really just depends on your options. If you are in the championship I tend to think you have RBs that are not handcuffed. I would lean towards those guys.  

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I think with either of those guys the floor gets really low and the ceiling also comes down quite a bit. It really just depends on your options. If you are in the championship I tend to think you have RBs that are not handcuffed. I would lean towards those guys.  

yeah can't risk a floor game like that in championships.

I'm surprised to see how pessimistic this thread is. I expect Gaskin to slide back into Miami's lead back role and provide a solid floor against a run defense that can easily be bested. Ahmed provided good numbers last week, but I don't think he has done enough to usurp a healthy Gaskin's job.