Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Gaskin 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if ya have the Ravens rook, too? 🍧 Gaskin-Dobbins 🍨

1 hour ago, bakes781 said:

Flores is a Belichick disciple so good luck getting anything out of him. I have both him and Ahmed so it's tough but I feel like Gaskin has earned his role back from his week 13 performance.

 

He sure is.

And if he is, is he the kind of coach that goes with the guy who had been getting 16+ carries his last four healthy games...Gaskin? Or is he the kind of coach that wants to make this more of a RBBC heading down the stretch and into the playoffs?

Think the answer to that riddle is the answer to starting Gaskin or not tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its likely to be a bit of a RBBC but given the matchup I'd still be ok with starting Gaskin. I'd be ok with starting Ahmed too but probably can't afford to play both. So I'm going with the fact that the odds are that Gaskin gets the lion share of the carries.

Edited by bakes781
Link to post
Share on other sites

I  think Gaskins will have the lead role, he's earned it.   I watched the game last week, and while Ahmed was running pretty well, so was Breida (who's been pretty ineffective most of the year).  I attribute a lot of their running success as much to the Pat's run defense playing poorly since they made even Breida look good.  The Raider's are a great matchup too, their run defense is bad and gives up a lot of TDs.  I also got to assume Tua won't get two rushing TD's this week like last game and the RB's will get theirs. 

[...]  Gaskins's ceiling is real high but his floor might be lower if they decide to split the work a bit more than normal since he's recovered from covid.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, rocket said:

I  think Gaskins will have the lead role, he's earned it.   I watched the game last week, and while Ahmed was running pretty well, so was Breida (who's been pretty ineffective most of the year).  I attribute a lot of their running success as much to the Pat's run defense playing poorly since they made even Breida look good.  The Raider's are a great matchup too, their run defense is bad and gives up a lot of TDs.  I also got to assume Tua won't get two rushing TD's this week like last game and the RB's will get theirs. 

For me, its choosing between Le'veon Bell vs Gaskins.  I think they should be on the same level rankings wise this week but with Gaskins having more volatility.  Gaskins's ceiling is real high but his floor might be lower if they decide to split the work a bit more than normal since he's recovered from covid.  

 

[...]

If Flores decides to go "hot hand" who knows what happens.

[...]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I talked to two sources familiar with the situation, and one said Gaskin will return to the lead role "if he's healthy," which appears to be the case. Another said to expect a split, but hopefully that means Gaskin getting the majority of touches."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-16-sleepers-myles-gaskin-worth-starting-on-championship-week-ride-melvin-gordon-in-dfs/amp/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Replying to
For fantasy purposes if forced to choose, I’d lean Myles Gaskin over Salvon Ahmed. Coaches have trusted Gaskin most all year. If Dolphins run game looks anything like last week with Ahmed & Matt Breida vs. Patriots, then both Gaskin/Ahmed will be worthy to start this week.
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

That may have been a bit worrisome early with Ahmed starting and only ~20 yards for Gaskin on limited snaps through the first stanza, but this dude picked a great time to show his ceiling and reward those who trusted him this week. What a game. 

First half was frustrating especially with Gaskin looking 10x better but getting limited snaps.

Second half was a different story. That second TD was an amazing play by him. Dude put on a show for sure... 

Edited by Gohawks
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

First half was frustrating especially with Gaskin looking 10x better but getting limited snaps.

That was the frustrating part - he was so efficient with his first handful of touches but it seemed like he couldn't get into the flow at all until the 2nd half.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bakes781 said:

I talked to two sources familiar with the situation, and one said Gaskin will return to the lead role "if he's healthy," which appears to be the case. Another said to expect a split, but hopefully that means Gaskin getting the majority of touches."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-week-16-sleepers-myles-gaskin-worth-starting-on-championship-week-ride-melvin-gordon-in-dfs/amp/


not going to lie, I planned on benching him, then came here 15 minutes before kickoff and saw this. Decided to say F it. 🤝🤝

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...