Russell Gage 2020 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Russell Gage 2020 Outlook
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has been their #3 WR since the trade of Mo Sanu to the Patriots (what a waste of a second round pick btw lol). His stats from there on were: Week Tgt Rec

Ok we got a slight issue here. CB Chris Harris is back for the Chargers. Gage runs 78% from the slot and will be covered by Chris Harris (85% slot). Harris allows .44 fantasy points per pass route.

Gage's value will skyrocket once Julio is traded next week to New England. 

He has been their #3 WR since the trade of Mo Sanu to the Patriots (what a waste of a second round pick btw lol). His stats from there on were:

Week Tgt Rec Yds TD
8 9 7 58 0
10 5 4 23 0
11 4 2 32 0
12 10 8 76 0
13 9 5 52 1
14 4 2 17 0
15 6 5 27 0
16 6 5 49 0
17 13 7 68 0
1 12 9 114 0

This is the first time he topped 100 yards and I think part of it is that he had no established TE with him. I think you will se Gage go back to his sub-100 yards performances when Hurst is established in this offense. (But take this take with some grain of salt, I'm quite big with Hurst)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So, he's probably the reason they let Sanu go in the first place. He's a slot receiver too, right?

I believe Ryan can support 3 fantasy relevant WR's and a TE. Although, there will be some inconsistency because of so many mouths to feed. 

Should be flex-worthy with WR3 upside in that offense. 

If Atlanta is playing from behind, I think Gage will be nice to have. If they're not, I wouldn't expect much. He's relatively unknown because he barely played at LSU, so he wasn't a name WR coming out of college. But he's always been a hard worker, and he's found himself in a good spot. If either Julio or Ridley go down or miss any time, giddy-up. 

8 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

If Atlanta is playing from behind, I think Gage will be nice to have. If they're not, I wouldn't expect much.

Isn't the consensus that Atlanta will be playing from behind most of the season anyway?

• Like 1
On 9/15/2020 at 12:05 AM, thebadferret said:

He has been their #3 WR since the trade of Mo Sanu to the Patriots (what a waste of a second round pick btw lol). His stats from there on were:

Week Tgt Rec Yds TD
8 9 7 58 0
10 5 4 23 0
11 4 2 32 0
12 10 8 76 0
13 9 5 52 1
14 4 2 17 0
15 6 5 27 0
16 6 5 49 0
17 13 7 68 0
1 12 9 114 0

This is the first time he topped 100 yards and I think part of it is that he had no established TE with him. I think you will se Gage go back to his sub-100 yards performances when Hurst is established in this offense. (But take this take with some grain of salt, I'm quite big with Hurst)

Yeah that might've been his biggest game of the season. Also, Julio did not play in week 13 last season, Hooper did not play in week 12 and 13, and Ridley was out week 17.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, munygon2 said:

More Hurst this week, probably fewer targets for Gage - but we shall see.

what is the guy supposed to say...i honestly think it may take a while for hurst to be more involved in the offense and there is a good chance gage can play the hooper role this year...gage had a good repour last year with ryan so i think the unfamiliarity due to a lack of offseason with hurst plays into this...i could be totally wrong but if you picked up shares of this guy that is what you are hoping for

Edited by Power-O

If Gage has taken Sanu's place, and also takes a share of what Hooper did last season, he's gonna be a solid PPR flex play. I think Hurst will take only a partial share of what Hooper was given. There look to be a number of shootouts on ATL's schedule as well.

13 hours ago, owenmills said:

I don't think Matt Ryan will throw for 450 yards and Julio, Ridley, and Gage will have 36 targets to split up every game, but this probably isn't the last time it'll happen. 

for sure but Gage is a great matchup play/ bye week fill-in WR3/4 though.  He's averaging 8 targets per game over his last 10 and in 3 of those he received 10 targets or more.

That's a fairly consistent target share for a third receiver.  Falcons will often be throwing alot due to their awful defense.  If any of Ridley or Jones ever miss time , this guy becomes a plug and play WR2.

Edited by JetsAwesome
16 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Criminal lack of hype for this dude. Gage against the machine.

I think the lack of hype makes sense. Some other guys getting love have a chance to become the #1 weapon for their team, or at least 1A. Gage has no chance at that happening outside injuries. Ryan is going to throw a lot, but probably not enough to make this guy a strong every week starter. That's not to say Gage has no value, but it's clearly capped. Hype trains don't go very far when you can see the ceiling.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Power-O said:

what is the guy supposed to say...i honestly think it may take a while for hurst to be more involved in the offense and there is a good chance gage can play the hooper role this year...gage had a good repour last year with ryan so i think the unfamiliarity due to a lack of offseason with hurst plays into this...i could be totally wrong but if you picked up shares of this guy that is what you are hoping for

Gage definitely has a better rapport with Ryan than Hurst right now. 

• Like 2
On 9/19/2020 at 8:52 AM, AnonymousRob said:

I think the lack of hype makes sense. Some other guys getting love have a chance to become the #1 weapon for their team, or at least 1A. Gage has no chance at that happening outside injuries. Ryan is going to throw a lot, but probably not enough to make this guy a strong every week starter. That's not to say Gage has no value, but it's clearly capped. Hype trains don't go very far when you can see the ceiling.

Hype train milling in the station but the coal is about to get lit.

This is the type of guy that's fantasy gold in like a 12-team three WR PPR league. Sneaky points each week. Unfortunately an incredibly low ceiling though. 

In terms of Julio potentially being out, typically that doesn't have a huge effect on players like this. You'd have to give him a bump, but it's minimal. 

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is the type of guy that's fantasy gold in like a 12-team three WR PPR league. Sneaky points each week. Unfortunately an incredibly low ceiling though. 

In terms of Julio potentially being out, typically that doesn't have a huge effect on players like this. You'd have to give him a bump, but it's minimal. 

I'd echo the comment about the bump being small after what Emmanuel Sanders produced on MNF without MT.

I think it'd almost be better for a hobbled Julio to be out there to serve the decoy role that he's so adept at.

• Like 1