Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Russell Gage 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Vendetta said:

I'd echo the comment about the bump being small after what Emmanuel Sanders produced on MNF without MT.

I think it'd almost be better for a hobbled Julio to be out there to serve the decoy role that he's so adept at.

 

We'll see what this offense truly is without the alpha known as Julio...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has been their #3 WR since the trade of Mo Sanu to the Patriots (what a waste of a second round pick btw lol). His stats from there on were: Week Tgt Rec

Ok we got a slight issue here. CB Chris Harris is back for the Chargers. Gage runs 78% from the slot and will be covered by Chris Harris (85% slot). Harris allows .44 fantasy points per pass route.

Gage's value will skyrocket once Julio is traded next week to New England. 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

We'll see what this offense truly is without the alpha known as Julio...

It'd be particularly interesting to see how that would impact Ridley. His status would be elevated quite a bit if he continues to produce while having #1 CBs on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kencav said:


On Ridley....not him

Yeah, I was referring to Ridley (maybe more appropriate for Ridley's thread). Ridley's talents get downplayed because he isn't treated as a #1, but him closing close to keeping up his torrid pace while being the focal point of the defense would change a lot of people's opinions about him.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

You still have Fuller on your team?

Yes. 

I feel like we have see this story with Gage basically every year... Young WR comes out hot and produces a lot early, fades away into mediocre performances for the rest of the season. See Calvin Ridley 2018, Tyler Boyd 2018, etc... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

Yes. 

I feel like we have see this story with Gage basically every year... Young WR comes out hot and produces a lot early, fades away into mediocre performances for the rest of the season. See Calvin Ridley 2018, Tyler Boyd 2018, etc... 

 

yeah i owned ridley that year...granted that was his rookie year....gage did this last year and is doing it this year....he should have had a td pass this week lol think his role is solid..hard to feel super high on his upside because of ridley and julio but i like what i am seeing so far

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Power-O said:

 

yeah i owned ridley that year...granted that was his rookie year....gage did this last year and is doing it this year....he should have had a td pass this week lol think his role is solid..hard to feel super high on his upside because of ridley and julio but i like what i am seeing so far

I hope you are right and he just has a decent floor, the ceiling is just a plus. I really need some consistent WR play as I spent a ton of draft capitol on RB's thinking my mid late round WR picks would hit and they haven't yet. Trades are scarce in my main money league. Dudes have tiny little marbles and wont pull the trigger. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

I hope you are right and he just has a decent floor, the ceiling is just a plus. I really need some consistent WR play as I spent a ton of draft capitol on RB's thinking my mid late round WR picks would hit and they haven't yet. Trades are scarce in my main money league. Dudes have tiny little marbles and wont pull the trigger. 

 

you and me both man...my signature needs an update but i went rb heavy and my receivers outside woods have not really paned out...i dropped boyd and marvin jones...(may regret it lol) for parris campbell (bye bye smh), gage, and corey davis..desean jackson looks like he may have a shot at getting things going at some point i hope...but yeah im feeling ya on the not thrilled about my group and nobody wants to trade in my league despite me having all these backs plus devonta freeman now...

i would luv gage to be that steady eddy on a good offense...matt ryan is not peyton manning but when peyton had that awesome 2nd season in denver he supported 3 wide receivers, a rb and a TE....it is possible for something like that to repeat again in fantasy and i hope its this year in atlanta

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

Another DNP for Julio yesterday. Something to monitor today. Would have to think Gage would benefit from this one due to an uptick in targets alone. Can he prove he can do this with more attention on him is the question.. 

With Julio out you got to start him - he's avg double digit targets with Julio there.

 

Julioo ut Ridley gets number one corners, Gage takes secondary corners and his target volume increases.  Both Ridley and Gage should see minimum 10 plus targets and Hurst gets a bump too.

Edited by JetsAwesome
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon further thought I actually think Julio sitting might hurt him. Julio draws A LOT of attention. A gimpy Julio is essentially the perfect scenario because he still draws attention but he can't create enough separation. Now that attention will shift to Ridley/Gage. I realize they may see an extra target or two, but my guess is that's outweighed by the shift in the defense's focus. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, the Falcons cannot not throw the ball. If Julio's out, those targets have to go somewhere. I would expect an uptick for Gage. How much and what becomes of them are bigger questions. As the chart above reinforced, he's had pretty consistent targets for a #3wr- not like he's coming from nowhere. 

I may consider rolling him out if JJ's out since Cooks and Lazard are my next-best options right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gsiegel said:

The thing is, the Falcons cannot not throw the ball. If Julio's out, those targets have to go somewhere. I would expect an uptick for Gage. How much and what becomes of them are bigger questions. As the chart above reinforced, he's had pretty consistent targets for a #3wr- not like he's coming from nowhere. 

I may consider rolling him out if JJ's out since Cooks and Lazard are my next-best options right now. 

Lol this is a no-brainer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Upon further thought I actually think Julio sitting might hurt him. Julio draws A LOT of attention. A gimpy Julio is essentially the perfect scenario because he still draws attention but he can't create enough separation. Now that attention will shift to Ridley/Gage. I realize they may see an extra target or two, but my guess is that's outweighed by the shift in the defense's focus. 


Regardless....they aren’t rolling coverage Gages way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Want to start him but a bit worried about the extra attention he and Ridley will receive with JJ out. If he can perform this week itll be a big positive for him moving forward. Expecting 8 ish targets and 60 yards or something close to that. 

That's pretty much what I'm seeing. A decent floor with a shot a score.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...