Russell Gage 2020 Outlook

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He has been their #3 WR since the trade of Mo Sanu to the Patriots (what a waste of a second round pick btw lol). His stats from there on were: Week Tgt Rec

Ok we got a slight issue here. CB Chris Harris is back for the Chargers. Gage runs 78% from the slot and will be covered by Chris Harris (85% slot). Harris allows .44 fantasy points per pass route.

Gage's value will skyrocket once Julio is traded next week to New England. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fletch44 said:

As a Julio owner I picked him up today. But the two games Julio sat Gage was 2-26 and 2-16 so my expectations are in check if I need him. Zaccheaus is probably just as good a bet. 

Not enough targets. At least Gage gets the targets. 

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Esteel said:

How about with Julio out now.Zaccheus also out.

Good question. I’m contemplating. Zaccheus wasn’t out last time Julio missed. 

5 hours ago, Esteel said:

How about with Julio out now.Zaccheus also out.

This guy intrigues me this week. Both Julio AND Zaccheus out. It's only Ridley and Gage. They had to pull someone from the practice squad today. Gage got 8 targets last game. And that was WITH Julio. LAC has allowed 12 TDs to WRs this season. Ridley will have Hayward on him.

Is it just me. Or is this shaping up for a perfect storm for Gage. I feel like THIS is the week to flex him. He's flying under the radar right now.

4 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Good question. I’m contemplating. Zaccheus wasn’t out last time Julio missed. 

Zaccheus out until week 16 at least, Julio may be shut down for the rest of the year....Gage with 25 targets the last three games....I'm very optimistic. I'm picking him up everywhere, especially Julio owners looking for security.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Zaccheus out until week 16 at least, Julio may be shut down for the rest of the year....Gage with 25 targets the last three games....I'm very optimistic. I'm picking him up everywhere, especially Julio owners looking for security.

as a julio owner, i certainly wouldnt feel super secure starting gage in the playoffs.  im going to try and grab him, but secure would not describe my feelings towards him....

Ok we got a slight issue here. CB Chris Harris is back for the Chargers. Gage runs 78% from the slot and will be covered by Chris Harris (85% slot). Harris allows .44 fantasy points per pass route.

He's the reason Diggs had just 39 yards a few weeks ago.

• Thanks 3
8 hours ago, jclee4 said:

He's the reason Diggs had just 39 yards a few weeks ago.

Nice stats man 

Didn’t catch this game but always encouraging to see a non-qb have the trust of his coaches to execute a passing play. Falcons just lost a close game so I imagine they come out slinging the ball in what should be a higher scoring affair 

I feel like everyone saying this is a good matchup because they will be forced to throw a lot vs KC is just really lazy analysis. KCs pass defense is really good, in fact they allow the 3rd fewest points to WR this year... He is not the kind of talent like Ridley or Jones to buck that trend he's a function of the offense... Facing the 3rd best defense is never a "good matchup".

• Like 1
11 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I feel like everyone saying this is a good matchup because they will be forced to throw a lot vs KC is just really lazy analysis. KCs pass defense is really good, in fact they allow the 3rd fewest points to WR this year... He is not the kind of talent like Ridley or Jones to buck that trend he's a function of the offense... Facing the 3rd best defense is never a "good matchup".

Owner who is starting him. But look at the wrs the chiefs have faced in 2020.

Week 1- fuller roasted them

Week 2- Allen roasted them

Week 3- Balt- terrible wrs

Week 4- NE- terrible wrs

Week 5- LV terrible wrs 

Week 6- Buffalo. Diggs and Beasley both did well.

Week 7- Den- terrible Wrs

Week 8- Jets- terrible wrs

Week 9- Car- Samuel and Anderson roasted them.

Week 10- Bye

Week 11- Raiders terrible wrs, but Agolohor had a big game.

Week 12- Tampa- Evans and Godwin had big games.

Week 13- Denver- terrible wrs

Week 14- Mia- terrible wrs/ Parker got hurt

Week 15- terrible wrs/rusty brees.

So my theory is the wrs they have played have been terrible and Atlanta def is terrible, they have no running game, and they will be passing 40 times. Plus he has produced for like 4 straight games.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Owner who is starting him. But look at the wrs the chiefs have faced in 2020.

Week 1- fuller roasted them

Week 2- Allen roasted them

Week 3- Balt- terrible wrs

Week 4- NE- terrible wrs

Week 5- LV terrible wrs 

Week 6- Buffalo. Diggs and Beasley both did well.

Week 7- Den- terrible Wrs

Week 8- Jets- terrible wrs

Week 9- Car- Samuel and Anderson roasted them.

Week 10- Bye

Week 11- Raiders terrible wrs, but Agolohor had a big game.

Week 12- Tampa- Evans and Godwin had big games.

Week 13- Denver- terrible wrs

Week 14- Mia- terrible wrs/ Parker got hurt

Week 15- terrible wrs/rusty brees.

So my theory is the wrs they have played have been terrible and Atlanta def is terrible, they have no running game, and they will be passing 40 times. Plus he has produced for like 4 straight games.

Your descriptions of the games are bad... Robby Anderson "roasted" them for 63 yards lol... Like Keenan Allen "roasted" them when he had less than 100 yards and no TDs lol... Like Mike Evans and Godwin had "big games" but the 2 of them combined for 11 catches 147 yards... You can use whatever adjectives you want doesn't change the fact that in comparison to the rest of the league KC Def is giving up 3rd fewest points to WR, no adjectives needed.

But going through you're list it seems like really what your saying is only the really good and high end WRs have had good games... So Calvin Ridley will be fine but Gage is one of those guys that would fall into your list as not that good... Just a role player that is a function of the offense.

Edited by StevieStats