NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

8 minutes ago, owenmills said:

First of all, comparing tendencies across different coaching regimes is pointless, since it's the coaches that dictate that. Not the franchise. But if you want to do that I think they have tried multiple times. Wasn't Jahvid Best being featured pretty heavily before he started getting knocked out? More recently all signs pointed to them wanting to do that with Kerryon too except he can't stay healthy. 

Edit: Thought of another one after I posted. Pretty sure Kevin Smith was featured before Best came along, before injuries derailed his career as well. 

We're getting off topic a bit. My main point was trading Conner for Swift would be too defensive of a move and I stand by that comment. If you disagree that's fine, but it looks like majority of people who have commented agree with me. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense. Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

This. Others seem to not to get it but it’s not our duty to explain. If I’m being told Ekeler is a sell high and Corey Davis is a buy low, then this thread is bonkers. That’s my perspective. 

You are my target market.

1 minute ago, jmcampbe11 said:

We're getting off topic a bit. My main point was trading Conner for Swift would be too defensive of a move and I stand by that comment. If you disagree that's fine, but it looks like majority of people who have commented agree with me. 

It's actually on topic. My comment has everything to do with what you're discussing. I don't even disagree with you at least in redraft, your logic just makes absolutely no sense. The logic/reasoning is as important as the opinion or you're just throwing darts with your eyes closed. 

The issue with the Lions backfield this year is just that it's too crowded now that AP is there. Swift may have a hard time carving out a big enough piece of the pie. If we're talking about any kind of a keeper league I'd take Swift without even thinking about it. Because the Lions will commit to him if he shows out and can handle the load. 

8 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

...like I said, sometimes the best move is not move and you're better off going down with the ship. A healthy Conner has a MUCH higher ceiling in 2020 than a healthy Swift. And I'd argue that the risk isn't that much different between the two. 

Yup and then thats exactly my other thought lol.  Swift doesnt have the upside so im better off just hoping conner does well. 

19 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

For discussion. After week 1 and the week 2 Thursday night game...

Buy Lows

Ekeler

AJ Green

OBJ

Hilton

Sell Highs

Mostert

Hines

Boyd

Agree with the others, but don't know how OBJ can be a Buy-Low any more.

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

It's actually on topic. My comment has everything to do with what you're discussing. I don't even disagree with you at least in redraft, your logic just makes absolutely no sense. The logic/reasoning is as important as the opinion or you're just throwing darts with your eyes closed. 

The issue with the Lions backfield this year is just that it's too crowded now that AP is there. Swift may have a hard time carving out a big enough piece of the pie. If we're talking about any kind of a keeper league I'd take Swift without even thinking about it. Because the Lions will commit to him if he shows out and can handle the load. 

It's really not and they OP never implied this was anything more than a redraft league. Based on the current coaching regimes of both teams and their RB depth charts, James Conner has a much clearing path to success this season than Swift. Part of that has to do with Tomlin having demonstrated his willingness to use a bell cow back much more than Patricia. If you want to argue that my first statement was too broad that's perfectly fine, but there's no denying those facts. 

1 minute ago, rigadoog said:

I have my eye on Melvin Gordon as a buy-low depending on how things play out with Phil Lindsay. He plays the Steelers this week, so he probably won't explode, but he looked great to me from the week 1 highlights.

I'm a bit worried about his upcoming match-ups. 

I'm a bit worried about his upcoming match-ups. 

I hadn't checked the schedule, but the only team that scares me out of those is TB, who they play next week. Maybe wait until after next week, if Lindsay comes back for week 4, it could tank his outlook even further. I personally am not worried about him for the matchup with the Chiefs, he'll still catch passes, and Denver will probably keep running it unless the game is really out of hand.

It's really not and they OP never implied this was anything more than a redraft league. Based on the current coaching regimes of both teams and their RB depth charts, James Conner has a much clearing path to success this season than Swift. Part of that has to do with Tomlin having demonstrated his willingness to use a bell cow back much more than Patricia. If you want to argue that my first statement was too broad that's perfectly fine, but there's no denying those facts. 

It really is. It's good we're finally talking about the current Lions regime and not 'since Barry Sanders' like your initial post. Go look at the game logs for the Lions in 2018 and 2019. When Kerryon played he usually was getting like 2/3 of the carries. That's pretty much bell cow nowadays. So I think you're 0-2 in logic. No the Lions don't have anything against committing to running backs. And no Patricia doesn't have anything against committing to running backs. 

Again, if you're going to criticize the Lions situation this year it's because it's too crowded. I'm guessing they brought AP in because Kerryon has been so injury prone, and Swift got hurt in the preseason as well. I don't think AP will dominate carries the whole year like he did in week 1 but as long as he's there he'll siphon off enough to limit Swift's potential this year. 

2 hours ago, cgu112 said:

I thought so. Just makin sure lol. I was trying to think of high upside rbs since I dont need them right away. Dobbins owner said no.  Not many I can think of. 

Conner is your high upside RB then. If he's still the guy, he's a fantasy stud. If he's sharing the work with Snell, he's still an RB2, so it's not a horrible floor either. 

On 9/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, 24/7fantasysports said:

Let me if this trade works out. I think I would have traded Hurst on draft day.

I was considering trying to sell higher on Drake if he has another game of 12+ touches and 50+ plus yards with a TD. I would be aiming for a WR1 or 2 in return. Perhaps Amari Cooper or a package type deal with multiple players and me targeting Chris Godwin in return. 

So here we are, trade accepted & awaiting approval...sending Mixon/Andrews/MJones for Drake/Engram/JJones

5 minutes ago, here comes treble said:

Same predicament.

I was thinking Connor for Thielen would be a sell high/buy low in PPR but with all the RB injuries who knows now.

I dont know how anyone could trade a starting RB for a WR in this current environment. Unless they hit gold on picking up Robinson and have managed to avoided injuries

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1
Just now, devilfish said:

ridley for Julio 

Is there really a Ridley owner who would trade him for Julio? I think that is a buy low on Ridley if you can pull it off.

I’d like to think Mixon is a buy low. But can’t pry him and certainly paying full price.