NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Well with Conner, Mostert, Moss, White, and Michel as my only RBs I might have to. I've already been offered Drake/Hilton or Fuller for T.Hill/Slayton which doesn't seem like much of an overpay...

Based on Drakes usage so far that is a definite overpay.  Though Drake is himself an interesting buy low.

League context always matters of course but if you’re in a competitive enough league (anyone posting here should be) then you should HAVE to overpay for a RB with guarantee volume not named Gurley. 

I try to based my general thoughts on as competitive of a league as possible. Anything else is pretty worthless to most imo.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense. Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

This. Others seem to not to get it but it’s not our duty to explain. If I’m being told Ekeler is a sell high and Corey Davis is a buy low, then this thread is bonkers. That’s my perspective. 

You are my target market.

20 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Based on Drakes usage so far that is a definite overpay.  Though Drake is himself an interesting buy low.

League context always matters of course but if you’re in a competitive enough league (anyone posting here should be) then you should HAVE to overpay for a RB with guarantee volume not named Gurley. 

I try to based my general thoughts on as competitive of a league as possible. Anything else is pretty worthless to most imo.

Fair enough. And now you have me wondering if I should counter with Hill/J.White for Drake/J.Robinson...

1 hour ago, xSouthWESTx said:

Got offered Marquise Brown for Joshua Kelley, should I take it? Is that selling high on Kelley?

i have Lamar as my QB and my RBs are: Chubb,Sanders,JRob,Fournette,LindsayMontgomery and Kelley

WR: Amari,Lockett,AJ Green,Cooks and Davis.

Not the right thread for this, but I'd take that deal.

With as inefficient as Kelley has been, I just think eventually we will see his touch share drop.

Brown has really high potential, leads the team in targets, air yards... yeah I take the deal, you have enough RB depth.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, xSouthWESTx said:

Got offered Marquise Brown for Joshua Kelley, should I take it? Is that selling high on Kelley?

i have Lamar as my QB and my RBs are: Chubb,Sanders,JRob,Fournette,LindsayMontgomery and Kelley

WR: Amari,Lockett,AJ Green,Cooks and Davis.

Yeah. Kelley would only start for you in a pinch. Brown could be in play as a flex after one or two injuries. 

1 minute ago, PackerBacker555 said:

What chart is that? Wow. He will be back soon. If I would own him, no way I’d be selling for that

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-week-3-trade-values-chart-and-rest-of-season-rankings/

Can you see my team in my signature? I don't know if I can survive without Thomas and Kittle. I mean I am relying on Aaron Jones and Kareem Hunt to carry me.

42 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-week-3-trade-values-chart-and-rest-of-season-rankings/

Can you see my team in my signature? I don't know if I can survive without Thomas and Kittle. I mean I am relying on Aaron Jones and Kareem Hunt to carry me.

Those trade charts are always SO bad. DJ Moore straight up for MT. What? 

I know he's hurt, but CMC is way too low too. He'll be back. If you can trade Chris Carson for CMC right now in PPR, why wouldn't you?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Im

on mobile so I can’t see. 
I believe MT is back in 2 weeks tops anyways. Hunt will continue to get usage 

52 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

Is Fournette a  buy low?  Or a sell high.  I personally feel like he takes over the backfield as a backend RB1/ high end RB2 with TD upside in this offense.  

If people took Arians comment about RoJo still being the main back seriously I'd say he's a buy low. But I don't think they do so he's probably a sell high. RoJo isn't going away and Fournette will always be one bad game / series away from having him eat into his carries / touches. For example, if I could trade Fournette for a more predictable RB right now (someone like Montgomery) I'd probably do it. 

13 hours ago, Rs79 said:

How about A.J. brown?  I looked at his game logs from the end of last year, ridiculous.  Seems like a solid buy low

100%. Great buy low target and I think people are forgetting about him. For context, I just offered someone T.Hill/Moss/H.Henry FOR CEH/AJ Brown/Dobbins.

15 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

What is Michael Thomas selling for? I saw a trade value chart and he's super low now. Like Thielen or Fournette low.

14 team, standard.

Moved Mich Thomas & Cam for Ridley & AJ Green. I have J Allen at Q already

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

anyone buy/sell Mixon lately? wondering what he's been going for. 

The problem with this guy is you put him in the lineup all year, then you sit him and he goes off after they (coaching) "figure it out". I have no clue what his value is but I want to sell too. Frustrating. Makes for a great part of a CMC package maybe?

5 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Hmmmm...that seems like an overpay to me unless you are REALLY deep at RB. If Thomas plays this week though not so much. 

Overpay? That's robbery. He gave up a nice RB and a nice WR for the best fantasy WR in the history of the game. 

Even if Thomas misses the next two games, that's going to be a good deal in the long run. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

Thoughts about Derrick Henry being a buy low target? 

He is the RB24 in 0.5 ppr right now on 59 touches (56 carries, 3 catches). He has the most rushing attempts without a TD through weeks 1-2 since 1977. He is due for a few games with a touchdown or two. He has probably the most guaranteed volume in the league, and that is a hot commodity in the NFL today. Averaging 3.74 and 3.36 YPC in his first two games.

Fun stat regarding a potential buy low on him.

In the months of September and October he has 3.8 and 3.9 YPC over his career, (245 and 174 career carries in those months).

In the months of November and December/January, he turns into King Henry, averaging 5.9 and 5.3 YPC over his career, (145 and 296). 

Derrick Henry's owners are quite possibly 0-2 in your league, and might feel the need to change something... and I don't think he will go much lower than he is right now.

Interesting to hear people's thought about this

(Oh and he plays the Minnesota Vikings this week that just lost Anthony Barr for the season this last week, so that blow up multi touchdown game might be Sunday)

• Like 1