NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

8 hours ago, No1Statistican said:

Buy low: Diontae Johnson wr3 price, David Johnson low rb2 price, Adam Thielen wr2 price, Josh Jacobs high rb2 price

Sell high: James Conner rb1 price

As a Diontae owner, there’s no way I’m trading him at a WR3 price. I don’t see Thielen or Jacobs going as cheaply as you’re suggesting, nor do I see anyone paying RB1 capital for Conner. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense. Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

This. Others seem to not to get it but it’s not our duty to explain. If I’m being told Ekeler is a sell high and Corey Davis is a buy low, then this thread is bonkers. That’s my perspective. 

You are my target market.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, I'm having an internal battle over this one atm. The DJ Moore owner nearly bit on a straight swap this week (all my WRs are dead) and I'm pretty glad he didn't. Just can't make up my mind what to do with Conner.

keep him. He has 20 pts in both games he played. 

9 hours ago, Dr. JJ said:

I don't understand why a (naive) owner would trade a RB1 for Conner.  That makes no sense and someone earlier said that Conner's injury history is baked into his trade value, which is true.  

I was just responding to the other person's claim. I have my doubts as well. Personally, I think you can probably trade Conner for RBs like Montgomery, Gurley, Gordon, etc., but what's the point? It seems like a lateral move at best. I feel like you're better off just holding him and hoping he stays healthy. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Is it time to sell high on Darrell Henderson now and try to get a Drake/Mixon or is he going to continue what he's doing?

There's no reason to think he slows down aside of Akers coming back and that is a top offense. 

That is really tough. I think I'd take Drake or Mixon (assuming you could get them) just because there's considerably less risk there. Akers will be back sooner than later, and the team invested a lot in him. I think Henderson is better and keeps the job, but it's certainly not a guarantee. Drake and Mixon won't be losing theirs and things should pick up for both.

• Thanks 1

It’s funny how many times I see Mixon’s name pop up in trade threads. I guess he is a buy low candidate. He also could be how he is scoring. I certainly wouldn’t pay a lot for him. Or Drake for that matter. Not saying they don’t have value but unless their a truly dirt cheap, hard to pull the trade trigger.

7 minutes ago, Butters said:

It’s funny how many times I see Mixon’s name pop up in trade threads. I guess he is a buy low candidate. He also could be how he is scoring. I certainly wouldn’t pay a lot for him. Or Drake for that matter. Not saying they don’t have value but unless their a truly dirt cheap, hard to pull the trade trigger.

Mixon's value is about at the Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, Melvin Gordon range for RBs. Mclaurin, DJ Moore, ODB, AJ Brown value wise for WRs. 

Edited by next big thing cp84
28 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Mixon's value is about at the Kareem Hunt, David Montgomery, Melvin Gordon range for RBs. Mclaurin, DJ Moore, ODB, AJ Brown value wise for WRs. 

Which says a lot about his drop in value. If I could get Mixon for my RB3, I’d do it.

I think McLaurin might be a target. Haskins is terrible and could be benched. Owners might want to wash their hands of a crappy offense. 

7 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Montgomery a sneaky buy-low. Stuffed first 9 carries before BDN swap-in, proceeded to have a larger role even while making up that huge deficit. Seems like one of the bigger upgrades to the end of Mitch era

Yeah, been trying to work a trade out for 2 days now. 

McKinnon is a definite sell high if you can.  [CSB, I just traded him straight up for Godwin.]

I would definitely try to buy Jonathan Taylor.  He's been a bit disappointing lately but on a run-first team getting huge workloads I think he has nowhere to go but up.  Someone could be frustrated with him not popping any gigantic games yet though.  

Swift is also interesting.  He's a talented guy and a good pass catcher.  Peterson is no threat to take away third down work and the price on Swift has to be pretty low right now.

Buy Low: Damien Harris. 

I know what you are thinking, he just had 100 yards in his first game, whats buy low? Check out his topic in these forums. People are talking about him like an RB3/4 guy with little upside because... Pats. But Pats running backs have been sneaky good for years, it's just never the same one year to year. haha. 

Damien Harris might be a RB2 who can possibly be had for a lot cheaper.

• Like 1

Buy Low:

Nyheim Hines

Last 3 games, the Colts have faced:

Kirk Cousins

Sam Darnold

Nick Foles

3 completely positive game scripts from beginning to finish. Zero back-and-forth or competitiveness in all these games. 

This won't continue to happen when the Colts face a gauntlet of good QBs.

Nyheim Hines in a competitive football game = PPR Gold.

• Like 1

Not that he's been bad but I'd be targeting CEH. I think his production will only go up from here. 

I'd also be targeting Moss. Should be able to get him very cheap and I still think he handles the majority of the workload. 

I don't think too many would bite with Cohen out, but if a Montgomery owner isn't happy with him that'd be a target for me as well. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not that he's been bad but I'd be targeting CEH. I think his production will only go up from here. 

I'd also be targeting Moss. Should be able to get him very cheap and I still think he handles the majority of the workload. 

I don't think too many would bite with Cohen out, but if a Montgomery owner isn't happy with him that'd be a target for me as well. 

Singletary is way better than Moss. Moss is just a bench guy, nothing more. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Moveless said:

Buy Low: Damien Harris. 

I know what you are thinking, he just had 100 yards in his first game, whats buy low? Check out his topic in these forums. People are talking about him like an RB3/4 guy with little upside because... Pats. But Pats running backs have been sneaky good for years, it's just never the same one year to year. haha. 

Damien Harris might be a RB2 who can possibly be had for a lot cheaper.

I know this proves your point, but trusting a Pats RB who isn't involved in the passing game?

tenor.gif

33 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Singletary is way better than Moss. Moss is just a bench guy, nothing more. 

They spent a pretty high draft pick on Moss, and all reports were they wanted this to be a pretty even split, and we saw that before Moss got hurt. Moss is a good receiving back, he's the more prototypical GL back, and this is a good offense and a good team. Pretty much every account was that Moss was brought in to be the 1A. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
50 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

They spent a pretty high draft pick on Moss, and all reports were they wanted this to be a pretty even split, and we saw that before Moss got hurt. Moss is a good receiving back, he's the more prototypical GL back, and this is a good offense and a good team. Pretty much every account was that Moss was brought in to be the 1A. 

Not even close. Moss is a better runner at the goal line, and really nothing else. Singletary has much better speed and quickness between the 20s, can get to the edge, is the far more dynamic receiver (all the screens set up by the Bills are for Singletary), and is their hurry-up Back.

Singletary is a rock solid RB2 ROS.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Not even close. Moss is a better runner at the goal line, and really nothing else. Singletary has much better speed and quickness between the 20s, can get to the edge, is the far more dynamic receiver (all the screens set up by the Bills are for Singletary), and is their hurry-up Back.

Singletary is a rock solid RB2 ROS.

I don't disagree that Singletary is the more athletic back, but Moss was projected to go in the 4th round or later, and the Bills grabbed him in the third. 

Anytime we've seen a bruiser/athlete combo the bruiser generally gets running downs and GL. The difference here is Moss was a very proficient receiver in college. 

Also, if you don't believe all the hype coming out of Buffalo we literally saw it the first two weeks. Moss outtouched and outscored Singletary. 

If you think Singletary is a locked in RB2 once Moss returns I'm afraid I have some bad news for you.