NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Buy Low/Sell High Thread

11 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Not even close. Moss is a better runner at the goal line, and really nothing else. Singletary has much better speed and quickness between the 20s, can get to the edge, is the far more dynamic receiver (all the screens set up by the Bills are for Singletary), and is their hurry-up Back.

Singletary is a rock solid RB2 ROS.

I still do not see how people continue to call Singletary a dynamic receiver (more dynamic than Moss in this case). We are talking about a guy who caught 29/41 balls last year for 194 yards. Good for 6.7yards per catch or 4.7 yards per target. Not to mention 49 of those yards came on one catch, so if we remove that one play, we are looking at 5.2 yards per catch or 3.6 yards per target. Similar things have happened so far this year. A slightly better 7.1 yards per catch. 5.4 yards per target. One big catch of 34 yards that if removed we are looking at 5.3 yards per catch and 4 yards per target. This is not a good pass catching back, and that is why Moss will have that role most likely moving forward. And to that goal line work for Moss and I do not trust Singletary (or Moss).

A"rock solid RB2" probably slots in somewhere around 16th-20th best RB depending on your league settings. I can think of more than 20 RBs I would rather have rest of season in PPR (my league settings, I understand yours may be different).

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense. Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

This. Others seem to not to get it but it’s not our duty to explain. If I’m being told Ekeler is a sell high and Corey Davis is a buy low, then this thread is bonkers. That’s my perspective. 

You are my target market.

2 hours ago, Moveless said:

Buy Low: Damien Harris. 

I know what you are thinking, he just had 100 yards in his first game, whats buy low? Check out his topic in these forums. People are talking about him like an RB3/4 guy with little upside because... Pats. But Pats running backs have been sneaky good for years, it's just never the same one year to year. haha. 

Damien Harris might be a RB2 who can possibly be had for a lot cheaper.

Way too many mouths to feed with Damien Harris, Rex Burkhead, James White and Sony Michel (eventually). When Pats RBs have good seasons (recently, only Blount and Lewis come to mind) it's only cause there's nobody else to threaten the workload. Bill loves to mix and match every week

• Like 1

I actually like Jimmy Graham as buy low... his usage has gone way up since foles took over.  Last week was a tough week against Indy defense, but he’s been having high percentage of catches and and at least 6 targets a week... with their run game stalling a lot he is a big bodied, high percentage target on red zone looks.

• Like 2

Buy low:

josh jacobs and miles sanders: still see both as rb1s you might be able to get for rb2 value, sanders especially seems to be undervalued. 

mostert: risky for sure but has rb1 upside, would definitely flip someone like melvin gordon for him if possible. 

Tyler lockett: coming off a bad game and people likely still are not sold on him being a wr1.

jonathan taylor: risky and I think he might have gotten too much hype for his own good. Looks like he should still be a solid low end rb1 so if you could trade a guy like mixon for him id consider it.

CEH: hasnt gotten the TDs yet or had a massive game, still expecting mid to high rb1 numbers as the season progresses, if you could trade like james conner and a wr2 for him id do it.

James robinson: high rb2 to low rb1 but still being valued as a mid tier rb2 because he feels unknown and risky. Would definitely take him over guys like melvin gordon and likely joe mixon even. 

Other potential candidates, calvin ridley, deebo samuel, AJ brown, chark(people might want to sell high when really i would expect more big games) damien harris, robert woods

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Dude in my league is trying to sell Henry as he’s nervous with the Tenn situation (we should all be). Had offered Henry for Mixon/Davis.

basically King Hendry for the punk, as CMC will soon return, rendering Davis moot. 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:52 PM, Ryansm11 said:

I would 100%

I have Ekeler in a keeper league and cannot sell him. I am 0-4, tried trading him for guys like Chark and D Washington and nobody will bite. They also get him next year and loose a 6th round pick if they choose to. I think anyone that saw that injury has a hard time believing he will be back in 4-6 week's 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/6/2020 at 1:08 PM, PisEdiRin said:

Buy Low:

Nyheim Hines

Last 3 games, the Colts have faced:

Kirk Cousins

Sam Darnold

Nick Foles

3 completely positive game scripts from beginning to finish. Zero back-and-forth or competitiveness in all these games. 

This won't continue to happen when the Colts face a gauntlet of good QBs.

Nyheim Hines in a competitive football game = PPR Gold.

I think the return of the TE’s (Burton/Doyle) will put a big damper on his opportunities. 

27 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sell high on Josh Allen.

Buy low on DJ Moore.

Sell high on Keenan Allen.

Buy low on Josh Jacobs.

Sell high on Robert Tonyan.

Buy low on Julio Jones.

I like this list. Except for Allen. I think he will get tons of targets with Herbert so will maintain his value. I think Jones owners may be really down. And with Atlanta’s defense so terrible, if he gets healthy, he can be top 5 again.

I think RoJo is a good buy. If his owner doesn’t believe in the talent, he will likely think he’s selling very high and making a fool of you with Fournette likely to come back next week. But I believe in the talent and I think RoJo showed more last night then I’ve seen throughout the whole career of Fournette. He has breakout player written all over him. Of course, there’s the possibility that he could just go back to being in a timeshare so there is risk, but the upside is worth the risk to me. 

5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I'm a bit leery of trying to pull off a twofer sell high with the COVID nonsense.

Starting to feel depth is more valuable than studs this year.

I completely hear you, but unless you're in a league with no IR/COVID slots and shallow benches whoever gets the best player is still winning a 2 for 1 the vast majority of the time. 

5 hours ago, Heizz said:

Dude in my league is trying to sell Henry as he’s nervous with the Tenn situation (we should all be). Had offered Henry for Mixon/Davis.

This really depends on your record. If you need wins now I think the trade could make a lot of sense. I'm not as high on Henry as many seem to be, and in full PPR it wouldn't shock me if Mixon finished ahead of Henry. 

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Sell high on Keenan Allen.

I liked most of your list but this makes no sense to me. Herbert has made Allen a legit WR1, and I don't see any indication that will change. You'll never get full value for him because he doesn't have WR1 name value. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Can you elaborate? I'm considering trading Fuller for Gibson but that Washington team in general scares me. Now with the QB change, more uncertainty. 

I think it's pretty clear he's their best weapon on offense outside of Mclaurin. They've slowly been giving him more opportunities and he's succeeding. If he gets ahold of most of the passing work aswell he should be an rb1 in PPR. He's a great receiver and big play threat whenever he touches the ball.

I like the move to Allen for Gibson. Allen has shown the willingness to throw to rbs and actually be good at it. He already knows Ron Rivera's system and will likely use Gibson much the same as he did CMC

Their schedule is really friendly aswell. I only see 3 bad matchups rest of the season, including this week. He's shown he can ball even against a good defense too

Edited by scheibler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, BigNicc said:

Might sound either obvious or rediculous but I just bought Henry for pretty low considering ya know, it's Derrick Henry. A few owners I've seen are hitting the panic button on his stock especially yesterday and today.

How low, did he go?