NBC Sports Edge Forums

ESPN/Leaguesafe. $65-buy in. Drafting Wed, Sept 16 at 8:30 PM EST. PPR. 12 teams. (Details inside.)

Hello!

Yes, Week 1 is over, but it's not too late to do another fantasy football league! The draft will take place on Wednesday, September 16 at 8:30 PM EST. The draft will be hosted on ESPN, it's a 12-team PPR league, the draft pick order will be randomized by ESPN, and we'll use a snake draft. The $65 buy-in will be paid through Leaguesafe.

Interested? Send me an email, and I'll send you both the Leaguesafe and ESPN links. Please pay quickly to reserve your spot. (NOTE: Do not pay with an e-check! If you pay with an e-check and it doesn't process immediately (which is pretty much always the case), then you will not be allowed in the league, and I will refund your money once Leaguesafe finishes processing it in a few days.)

Payouts at the end of the year:

• League Champion: $455
  • Runner-Up: $250
  • Most points in regular season: $75

Each team gets 16 roster spots. Here's a breakdown of the rosters:

• 1 QB
  • 2 RB
  • 2 WR
  • 1 TE
  • 2 Flex
  • 1 K
  • 1 D/ST
  • 6 Bench
  • [There will also be 2 IR slots]

Additional Information:

1. This league will have a round-robin format where each team plays everyone else exactly once. Week 1 of the NFL season obviously won't count in the standings. Week 2 will be different than the other weeks; in Week 2, the top 6 point scorers will receive a win, and the bottom six scorers will receive a loss. In Weeks 3 through 13 (which is 11 weeks total), we will revert back to a traditional round-robin format.

2. The scoring is the standard full-point PPR settings for ESPN, with a few minor tweaks to Kicker (i.e., all made FG are worth 3 points) and D/ST scoring to make the scoring fairer. Full scoring is available at this link.

3. We will be using FAAB rather than waivers for player acquisitions throughout the season. (ESPN calls it "Free Agent Budget (Continuous).") Each team has $200 in FAAB to spend throughout the year. You can bid $0 on players through the FAAB process.

4. The top 7 teams qualify for the playoffs.

COVID-19 Contingency:

• If the season is cancelled prior to the completion of all Week 7 NFL games, then everyone will be refunded their money (minus any processing fees that Leaguesafe may keep).
  • If the season is cancelled after the completion of all Week 7 NFL games but before the completion of all Week 16 NFL games, then money will be allocated as follows: $310 to the person with the most points scored, $260 to the person with the second most points scored, and $210 to the person with the third most points scored. Points scored in the playoffs (i.e., Weeks 14 through 16) will not count in determining points scored.
  2. Let me know ASAP if you want to play!