NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 2

tonycpsu

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 2

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 2 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

16 hours ago, mjb said:

Logan Thomas figures to have the 2nd highest target rate next to "scary terry."  8 targets week 1, even as Washington was not down big as you'd expect most weeks.  Question is, will Hasken's be able to deliver the rock on target.

I mean the TE checkdown is going to be way more open than a go route to Scary Terry. If Haskins can’t do that then it’s time to move on. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

caught a bit of the FantasyPros podcast yesterday, and they felt the same - Duggar has already cost the Dolts one game, and a division one (against a supposedly "tanking" club) at that. 

I didn’t hear that, but it makes sense to me. Already biffed against a team that was supposed to be in the running for the #1 pick. Can’t imagine they will be much happier when the 3 and 4 pick games pop up. Maybe the safe and boring play of JB won’t seem so bad after a couple more weeks.

18 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Logan Thomas. If you missed out on the shiny new TE toys this week, don't sleep on this guy.

yep. dropped Hooper in one league for him and Doyle in another. Doyle may me a mistake but when Trey Burton comes back they will be fighting for targets.

Jordan Reed if Kittle can't go

Corey Davis- there are some leagues he was not drafted.

OJ Howard. I know Gronk played a lot of snaps and Howard didn't however, Godwin is banged up and Gronk played more of a blocker. (I own Gronk)

You can say Scotty Miller but he does benefit with everyone healthy because the top defenders will take on Godwin and Evans. Scotty just has to beat his defender 1 on 1.

M.Sanu reuniting with Shanahan. Not sure where he will line up though. Healthy body too.

JJ Taylor N.E. running back. I know not to trust Patriots RB and I have J.White in a lot of leagues but this guy has impressed me. Maybe he impresses BB as well. Deep Leaguer

Don't sleep on Trequan Smith. He hasn't had oppurtunity like this. Sanders is still relevant but not what people are thinking of. Week 1 Smith played more snaps.

Dalton Shultz. Don't think he can catch but someone to monitor.

2 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Jordan Reed if Kittle can't go

Corey Davis- there are some leagues he was not drafted.

OJ Howard. I know Gronk played a lot of snaps and Howard didn't however, Godwin is banged up and Gronk played more of a blocker. (I own Gronk)

You can say Scotty Miller but he does benefit with everyone healthy because the top defenders will take on Godwin and Evans. Scotty just has to beat his defender 1 on 1.

M.Sanu reuniting with Shanahan. Not sure where he will line up though. Healthy body too.

JJ Taylor N.E. running back. I know not to trust Patriots RB and I have J.White in a lot of leagues but this guy has impressed me. Maybe he impresses BB as well. Deep Leaguer

Don't sleep on Trequan Smith. He hasn't had oppurtunity like this. Sanders is still relevant but not what people are thinking of. Week 1 Smith played more snaps.

Dalton Shultz. Don't think he can catch but someone to monitor.

The Sanu situation is strange. NE released him on a failed physical. But now he’s good to go? 

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Hahaha , it's too easy with this kid. I literally just came up with that one 🤙🏻

I credit Muppet & you for the other ones. 

I can’t take credit for Hasta Laviska unfortunately as I read it in another post somewhere in here. But I’ll take credit for bringing it to your attention 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, indycolts88 said:

I’m taking the plunge on Corey Davis again after the AJ Brown news.  I know he has burned people many times in the past, but I’m expecting a lot of targets.  Encouraged by his numbers week 1 too.

I agree with you that his numbers looked real good on Monday night. But a couple of notes. 1. It is almost better if AJ Brown plays. It seemed the the better defenders were covering Brown. 2. I am not sure who was covering Davis but Davis basically ran 3 different routes. The defender was clueless. Not sure that happens with other teams that have a better D. Don't get me wrong, I picked him up myself. But I need to see him do it again.

13 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

spacer.png

Oh, I’m definitely sleeping on Trashquan Smith. It’s always the same story with this guy when he gets an opportunity. Perennial underachiever

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, indycolts88 said:

I’m taking the plunge on Corey Davis again after the AJ Brown news.  I know he has burned people many times in the past, but I’m expecting a lot of targets.  Encouraged by his numbers week 1 too.

I have AJ Brown and was thinking dropping R Anderson for Davis...

• Like 1

Drew Sample, though. Seriously.

2nd round pick in 2019. He has a year under his belt to learn the system. He has elite athleticism. Finally getting his opportunity with Eifert and Uzomah out of the way.

Just gonna drop his player profiler here so you can drool and this sick one handed grab he made.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/drew-sample/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Devontae Booker

yeah, i know ... WHAT KINDA SZN IS THIS WHERE BOOKER AND COREY ARE ON THE LIST?

Jacobs with an ankle issue - nothing major atm, and they do play Monday night, but he did log full practice. 

anyways, Bookman got some run in week one vs them Bilgewater Pussycats, and Gruden has plans for him. 

pretty standard call for JJ owners, of course - worth monitoring for all others. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 1

Keep an eye on the most lamical running back in the NFL, the Jets' Perine.  He got back to practice yesterday and he could be On the Good Ship Lollipop for Gase in the anti-Bell movement of 2020.  He has only Gore and Ballage as "competition" for a role.  He's already relegated Josh Quincy Adams back to Braintree.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Keep an eye on the most lamical running back in the NFL, the Jets' Perine.  He got back to practice yesterday and he could be On the Good Ship Lollipop for Gase in the anti-Bell movement of 2020.  He has only Gore and Ballage as "competition" for a role.  He's already relegated Josh Quincy Adams back to Braintree.

I like the tout, but as long as Gore and Ballage are there and Gase is the coach, Perine will be lost in the mix. 

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Gase + RB = Do Not Roster

On 9/18/2020 at 7:04 AM, Dirtywater97 said:

Drew Sample, though. Seriously.

2nd round pick in 2019. He has a year under his belt to learn the system. He has elite athleticism. Finally getting his opportunity with Eifert and Uzomah out of the way.

Just gonna drop his player profiler here so you can drool and this sick one handed grab he made.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/drew-sample/

It's such a small sample size though.

spacer.png

Edited by leffe186
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

Willie Snead wouldn't be a terrible option to those in need of a hailmary.

Snead is behind Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews in the pecking order and they also have Miles Boykin as well.  He put up a 4/64/1 game last week which was good but he's going to be tough to rely on in anything other than maybe 14 or 16 team leagues.

Do yourself a favor and pick up Corey Davis who's still available in 73 percent of ESPN leagues. We may be looking at his Devante Parker moment. AJ Brown is out, and for the first time in his career Davis is the alpha WR with a competent gunslinger. Titans love to exploit the play action -- when the defense sells out for Derrick Henry, Tannehill will be rolling out looking for Davis. He has WR2 upside for as long as Brown is out.

• Like 2

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic