NBC Sports Edge Forums

9-17-20 Bengals @ Browns TNF Thread

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

Gio is a good receiving back though, and he’s one of the top 15 highest paid rb’s in the league, so they’re gonna use him

and yes, giving gio that contract was stupid. Same with the mixon deal. Stupid. They need to put money in the o-line

Didn't realize Gio was so high paid.

Gio is a solid role player, but nothing special. 

Mixon is a playmaker. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Live look at PisEdiRin after that OBD TD

Mixon owners

Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Didn't realize Gio was so high paid.

Gio is a solid role player, but nothing special. 

Mixon is a playmaker. 

Just wait for AJ to hurt his ankle. Something will happen, if CIN wants to win ball games they have to change the plan. This close come from behind score is what is keeping the HC his job because it showed promise, but Mixon has to get his. Every time he touches the ball this offense is more electric

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Just wait for AJ to hurt his ankle. Something will happen, if CIN wants to win ball games they have to change the plan. This close come from behind score is what is keeping the HC his job because it showed promise, but Mixon has to get his. Every time he touches the ball this offense is more electric

Like when he was on the 1 and ran backwards 5 yards?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Like when he was on the 1 and ran backwards 5 yards?

What happened to Chubb first time at the goaline? It happens sometimes, this offense needs to get the RB whether Bernard or not in the passing game. Mixon will bounce back, give it a few weeks. Dont think he is an RB1 where we all drafted him, but a mid RB2

What happened to Chubb first time at the goaline? It happens sometimes, this offense needs to get the RB whether Bernard or not in the passing game. Mixon will bounce back, give it a few weeks. Dont think he is an RB1 where we all drafted him, but a mid RB2

Chubb didnt lose yardage though lol

i like mixon, but i dont like him behind that line

he obviously has great talent and it shows, but this line is bad. And the coaches dont like using him as a receiver that often

Just now, Chippa said:

Chubb didnt lose yardage though lol

i like mixon, but i dont like him behind that line

he obviously has great talent and it shows, but this line is bad. And the coaches dont like using him as a receiver that often

So in 2018 and 19 when the line was just as bad and Dalton was QB, whats his excuse there? This team will look at the tape, its week 2. He is a playmaker, Id take him over Connor, Drake, Ekeler still with his upside. If that usage goes up he is the RB1 we thought. Before the 4th he was leading the team in targets

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

So in 2018 and 19 when the line was just as bad and Dalton was QB, whats his excuse there? This team will look at the tape, its week 2. He is a playmaker, Id take him over Connor, Drake, Ekeler still with his upside. If that usage goes up he is the RB1 we thought. Before the 4th he was leading the team in targets

What’s his excuse there? You just answered it. The line has always been awful as long as he’s been around. 

18 and 19 there was no aj green around so teams just focused on mixon

only late in the season did he start to perform better, but that’s just because they were way out of it, and it was late in the season

Edited by Chippa
Just now, Chippa said:

What’s his excuse there? You just answered it. The line has always been awful as long as he’s been around. 

18 and 19 there was no aj green around so teams just focused on mixon

But Mixon still finished with over 1000 yds those years? His oline was terrible and he finished with that is what im saying. Green will get hurt, its only a matter of time before the gameplan HAS to change

But Mixon still finished with over 1000 yds those years? His oline was terrible and he finished with that is what im saying. Green will get hurt, its only a matter of time before the gameplan HAS to change

Yea he finished with 1000 yards because he receives a good amount of carries. He just doesnt see many targets in the passing game.

and like I said, both years he started to run better come the last part of the season. Teams just play different when they’re out of the race

3 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Also his ypc for those years arent that high. It’s just a matter of seeing 20+ carries a game.

1 minute ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Crazy entertaining game despite the miscues. Not sure if the browns are turning the corner or the Bengals defense was that bad

I think it's a combo of both. Chubb and hunt will both have value for the rest of the season and the browns see that there is enough for both of them to eat. A bit more concerned about obj's ceiling but he should be good from here on out

20 minutes ago, Guwop said:

I think it's a combo of both. Chubb and hunt will both have value for the rest of the season and the browns see that there is enough for both of them to eat. A bit more concerned about obj's ceiling but he should be good from here on out

Yea I was initially concerned about hunt taking from chubb but they both look great and chubb can still produce. Definitely want closer games as I think hunt will be used more in catchup more.