NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn’t worry about the GreenBay game. Our stadium is below ground and with our renovation that raised the height of the stands all around the stadium it is essentially a bowl now. Half underground

Heh, Derek Carr is my only QB and he'll be facing 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. The best waiver options are Baker Mayfield (facing those same 25 mph winds), Cam Newton...oops yep almost as windy the

7 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

How much are you guys letting this affect your roster decisions? Mainly QBs and Kickers.. because kickers are people too.

Going to be a tiebreaker for me.

For example, I've been debating AJ Green (now with wind) vs. Mike Evans (no wind). Probably going Evans if this wind sticks.

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Going to be a tiebreaker for me.

For example, I've been debating AJ Green (now with wind) vs. Mike Evans (no wind). Probably going Evans if this wind sticks.

Ya man. I have heavy investments in this Tennessee Cincinnati game and getting major anxiety. Think I’ll wait until Sunday morning to really make a definite change.

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Ya man. I have heavy investments in this Tennessee Cincinnati game and getting major anxiety. Think I’ll wait until Sunday morning to really make a definite change.

I'm not benching A.J. Brown so that is what it is. I'm hoping that the LV/CLE game turns into the Jacobs v. Hunt show given the wind.

11 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

The TN/Cinci game has the lightest winds on the list. Think it's more like 15-20 MPH.

Heh, Derek Carr is my only QB and he'll be facing 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. The best waiver options are Baker Mayfield (facing those same 25 mph winds), Cam Newton...oops yep almost as windy there in Buffalo too or Nick Foles...oh yeah windy in the windy city too 🙂. Oh hey look my Kicker Lutz is kicking in the windy city. Well maybe my wide receivers can help...how's the wind for Justin Jefferson in Green Bay? 24 miles per hour with gusts to 40 you say. Well then Tee Higgins of the Bengals...maybe its not windy in....oh nevermind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 10/30/2020 at 2:52 PM, kyoun1e said:

The TN/Cinci game has the lightest winds on the list. Think it's more like 15-20 MPH.

Yeah I mean not idea, but I'm seeing like 18 mph mostly at kickoff.

Feel it may affect kicking game more than passing at this point

7 minutes ago, malta69 said:

Yeah I mean not idea, but I'm seeing like 18 mph mostly at kickoff.

Feel it may affect kicking game more than passing at this point

Um look again it will be 30 mph winds all game, rain not so bad, but yeah pretty nasty.

Ive got landry have no other options, so hopefully they rely on bubble screens and 5 yard slants.

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Um look again it will be 30 mph winds all game, rain not so bad, but yeah pretty nasty.

Ive got landry have no other options, so hopefully they rely on bubble screens and 5 yard slants.

wrong game buddy

• Haha 2

Weather sucks. I hate open roofed stadiums. 

I listen to / follow RJ bell and he says significant wind has the greatest effect on scoring of all weather events. 

I don't fact check him or the internet FWIW, so that should be noted. 

That said I had intended to play the over on Packers / Vikings but backed off when I read that info. 

As for fantasy, I have thielen and davante. I'm not benching, I'm just upset at the situation. If I had a fringe player or a 50 / 50 option I'd obviously use wind to go other direction on tie breaker, but it kind of just is what it is otherwise. 

• Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 10:56 PM, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Heh, Derek Carr is my only QB and he'll be facing 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. The best waiver options are Baker Mayfield (facing those same 25 mph winds), Cam Newton...oops yep almost as windy there in Buffalo too or Nick Foles...oh yeah windy in the windy city too 🙂. Oh hey look my Kicker Lutz is kicking in the windy city. Well maybe my wide receivers can help...how's the wind for Justin Jefferson in Green Bay? 24 miles per hour with gusts to 40 you say. Well then Tee Higgins of the Bengals...maybe its not windy in....oh nevermind. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Weather sucks. I hate open roofed stadiums. 

I listen to / follow RJ bell and he says significant wind has the greatest effect on scoring of all weather events. 

I don't fact check him or the internet FWIW, so that should be noted. 

That said I had intended to play the over on Packers / Vikings but backed off when I read that info. 

current o/u i'm seeing for these affected games ... all came down a bit -

Browns/Raiders 48.5, Saints/Bears 42.5, Vikings/Pack 49.5, Titans/Bangles 50.5, Hoodies/Bison 40.5. 

1 hour ago, Buck Showalter said:

What are you guys doing that own Wil Lutz?  NWS says 20-30 gusts to 45.  He's worth a hold because of the offense but tough to trust today.  Sorry if that's too much AC.

Lutz owner - am debating adding a Badgley or Elliot type to see what it’s looking like at 430. 

hate to drop a key handcuff though and honestly don’t want to cut Lutz as they have some real nice matchups after this. 

• Like 1

What are you guys doing that own Wil Lutz?  NWS says 20-30 gusts to 45.  He's worth a hold because of the offense but tough to trust today.  Sorry if that's too much AC.

Dropped him for McManus. Didn’t have room to stash on my bench. 

• Like 1

I picked up a replacement kicker for this week only. Windy city is living up to its name today.

• Like 1

BAL/PIT forecast has improved, looks to be OK:

Most of the rain clears pregame (again maybe a lingering shower or two remains, but not much). With 10-15mph winds this is looking like one of the better weather games.

I was worried about kicking, but not so much now.

I'm starting him. I've been burned by dropping top kickers in windy games before only to see them do well while the mediocre kicker I picked up to kick in a dome did nothing. I also think the winds won't be as bad there as in Cleveland and Green Bay. 

• Like 4