NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn’t worry about the GreenBay game. Our stadium is below ground and with our renovation that raised the height of the stands all around the stadium it is essentially a bowl now. Half underground

Heh, Derek Carr is my only QB and he'll be facing 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. The best waiver options are Baker Mayfield (facing those same 25 mph winds), Cam Newton...oops yep almost as windy the

4 minutes ago, Sternes said:

I take it avoid the Bills+NE game for sure.  Any other that seem like auto benches (if you can)?

I'd bench people in Vegas @ Cleveland, but I'm stuck with atleast a little exposure in this one so I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

Of course weather can effect players/games, but last year everyone was freaking out on here about Butker kicking in a snowstorm in the fantasy playoffs and I got in my head and pulled him and started a scrub off the wire and Butker killed it and I lost by 2. Had I stayed with my starter I win and then win by 30 in the title game to repeat, just saying.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

Anything of note for this week?

There were some posts in the threads for Saints/Bucs players about 15-20 MPH winds and gusts up to 40 MPH.  I have Brown/Kamara/Lutz playing on a few teams but I'm not sitting them.

Def gonna try to avoid passing game and kickers in CLE tmrw, that last game against the Raiders showed how much the winds there can impact things.

GB/JAC is another to keep a close eye on. According to the current forecast there is going to be a ton of rain/snow mix starting later this afternoon and continuing all the way until kickoff at noon tmrw...it could easily stall and make the game even more messy--winds are still looking like steady 20-25 MPH throughout the game.

FYI- the Vikes at Bears game looks like minimal weather impact on the Monday nighter, just cool with lighter winds.

Couple of games look like trouble here. GB/Jax and CLE/Hou. Gotta think passing games suffer.

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

RED : HOU @ CLE - 

Sustained winds 25mph+, stronger gusts (50ish?), impact to any deep passes and kicks (longer FG's won't even be attempted). Bump down to passing attack of both teams, expect a more run-centric game plan. This game looks almost exactly as windy as the week 8 game.

RED : JAC @ GBP - 

Forecast here looks almost exactly the same as in CLE, except we can add in some light snow / snow flurries too (I think the more significant snow will be clear by kickoff), but mostly... "Sustained winds 25mph+, stronger gusts (50ish?), impact to any deep passes and kicks (longer FG's won't even be attempted). Bump down to passing attack of both teams, expect a more run-centric game plan".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Couple of games look like trouble here. GB/Jax and CLE/Hou. Gotta think passing games suffer.

Sustained winds 25mph+, stronger gusts (50ish?), impact to any deep passes and kicks (longer FG's won't even be attempted). Bump down to passing attack of both teams, expect a more run-centric game plan. This game looks almost exactly as windy as the week 8 game.

Forecast here looks almost exactly the same as in CLE, except we can add in some light snow / snow flurries too (I think the more significant snow will be clear by kickoff), but mostly... "Sustained winds 25mph+, stronger gusts (50ish?), impact to any deep passes and kicks (longer FG's won't even be attempted). Bump down to passing attack of both teams, expect a more run-centric game plan".

Seconding this re- JAX v GB
http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2020/week-10/jaguars-at-packers

NFL Weather showing the same info. This is enough for me to pivot off of Crosby for sure.

9 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Dang... Fuller and Chark both on one of my rosters. I could swap one with Mike Williams, even tho the Chargers/Miami game is expecting thunderstorms.

Anyone got the lowdown on the Miami game?

Weather in Miami is dry and winds calm tomorrow.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I love how that site still has our old logo after all this time lol.

5 hours ago, cbsholy said:

Anybody concerned about CIN @ PIT?

Seems that with the 4:25 PM EST start time they luckily avoided most of the rain for the day, but I'm seeing 20-23 mph winds and 30-36 mph wind gusts

Im seeing 20-25 mph winds too. 

I got Big Ben and Claypool and that wind isn’t encouraging at all. 

6 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

Seconding this re- JAX v GB
http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2020/week-10/jaguars-at-packers

NFL Weather showing the same info. This is enough for me to pivot off of Crosby for sure.

I made the pivot away from Crosby to McManus bc of the forecast there (Koo on a bye).  They won't attempt anything that deep with 25mph winds. 

I have all of Rodgers, Davante, A Jones, Chark and Cooks. Do I wish the weather wasn’t so bad? Yes. Am I going to overreact and play a lesser option than them? No. I trust Rodgers and Watson’s arms to be able to put up decent numbers regardless of the wind. Chark also has a great matchup with Jaire out so he’s a must start for me. 

1 hour ago, arielk31 said:

I have all of Rodgers, Davante, A Jones, Chark and Cooks. Do I wish the weather wasn’t so bad? Yes. Am I going to overreact and play a lesser option than them? No. I trust Rodgers and Watson’s arms to be able to put up decent numbers regardless of the wind. Chark also has a great matchup with Jaire out so he’s a must start for me. 

I’m sitting Watson and Fuller. 30+ mph winds in Cleveland...nah I’m gd. That’s not overreacting that’s being smart.

• Thanks 1