NBC Sports Edge Forums

56 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I’m sitting Watson and Fuller. 30+ mph winds in Cleveland...nah I’m gd. That’s not overreacting that’s being smart.

lol. No David Johnson with a QB that can run. Yeah.... you're smart.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn’t worry about the GreenBay game. Our stadium is below ground and with our renovation that raised the height of the stands all around the stadium it is essentially a bowl now. Half underground

Heh, Derek Carr is my only QB and he'll be facing 25 mph winds with 40 mph gusts. The best waiver options are Baker Mayfield (facing those same 25 mph winds), Cam Newton...oops yep almost as windy the

12 hours ago, Tenner said:

Im seeing 20-25 mph winds too. 

I got Big Ben and Claypool and that wind isn’t encouraging at all. 

These are professional QBs. They can throw through 20 mph wind. Sure if a 35 mph gust blows through the exact moment your QB is dropping a deep dime to the WR it could mess it up, but that’s life 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, A27K said:

lol. No David Johnson with a QB that can run. Yeah.... you're smart.

When I have just as gd an option in Herbert playn in sunny ☀️ Miami it is being smart. Let’s be serious if u have Foles or Cousins then yeah I probably will be forced to play Watson. Couple weeks ago Raiders and Browns played in similar windy weather that wasn’t predicted to be as bad as today and neither QB passed for over 122 yds (yes we know Watson is a much better QB then those 2 but c’mon), I believe Waller had like 24yds receiving and no WR had over 50yds, it was all rushing and Watson will not be getn run into the ground like Cam in a meaningless game for HOU IMO. Be smart if u have a decent option available, common sense.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
59 minutes ago, owenmills said:

These are professional QBs. They can throw through 20 mph wind. Sure if a 35 mph gust blows through the exact moment your QB is dropping a deep dime to the WR it could mess it up, but that’s life 

I don’t have the source but I have read that as winds reach 20mph there is a 17% reduction in fantasy points on average. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Tenner said:

I don’t have the source but I have read that as winds reach 20mph there is a 17% reduction in fantasy points on average. 

I'm sure there is vs non wind. Sometimes you just gotta stick it out tho. Bye weeks , injuries and such. If it gets past 35ish then I'll start to worry a bunch

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

I'm reading gusts up to 60mph. Gonna be hard to trust anyone throwing in that type of weather. 

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Tenner said:

That is true.....imagine the reduction 30+ winds gives u. 20mph I wouldn’t get worked up on but 30+ mph wind with 45+ wind gusts💨 look for a better option if available at the QB/WR/K positions. Don’t do it to urself.

Edited by Tomei7
20 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Watson’s yardage over/under is at 247.5, wish I knew about the wind before I bet the over but still seems like that’s attainable.

Carr or Mayfield didn’t throw for more than 122yds each in Cleveland a couple weeks ago and the winds weren’t as severe as today, they combined for like a total of 240yds combined. 

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Brad sums this up very well in his second related tweet. Benched Fuller everywhere.

For what it's worth I'm planning to bench Brandin Cooks for Tee Higgins.  CIN/PIT is supposed to have winds too but I don't believe it'll be like HOU/CLE.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Brad sums this up very well in his second related tweet. Benched Fuller everywhere.

Didn't see tweet where he was benching Fuller everywhere. 

Evans a bit of a clown, but at least he's engaged on this.

Don't love my W. Fuller right now. Could see not only a tough time for Watson, but CLE is just going to pound Hunt/Chubb and kill the clock as well.

Just came here to say exactly that,  we recently saw the effects of very high winds recently in Cleveland. If you have good options playing elsewhere, you make the change. Otherwise, hope for the best, with lower than hoped for results. Teams will try to pound the rock, without a doubt, 100%.

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Just came here to say exactly that,  we recently saw the effects of very high winds recently in Cleveland. If you have good options playing elsewhere, you make the change. Otherwise, hope for the best, with lower than hoped for results. Teams will try to pound the rock, without a doubt, 100%.

watson and fuller projections were just cut by 10-15% lol. I know ESPN would rather be cautious in over projecting a weather game 

11 minutes ago, mjb said:

^^This^^