NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalton Schultz 2020 Outlook

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Schultz pulse check: Since taking over for Jarwin as top TE (3 games) he is playing 72% of snaps, has lined up slot or wide on 52%! of his snaps. 24 targets for a 17-208-2 line

Dutch is probably just a streamer (if that) with Dak gone. Dalton does feed TEs though.  Eifert had huge numbers with him, particularly in the red zone.

The question seems to be who will not get off in a given week. Schultz is third in targets over the last three, ahead of both Gallup and Lamb. Feels like Lamb and Gallup are taking targets off each ot

Posted Images

15 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

So is he a drop now?

Like the guys above say, if there are decent TEs on the wire, sure. If it's down to the dart throws (and that's not very deep) then worth waiting to see what happens this week. Matchup is fine and we don't yet know what this looks like with Dalton instead of Dak. People talk about Dalton liking TEs, and one reason might be that you're less likely to see Dalton run it in from close than you are to see Dak do that. Worth a look to see what this offense actually looks like.

On 10/21/2020 at 10:02 PM, Heizz said:

Thoughts this week?

TE’s have done fairly well against WAS.

Thinking about a flex play in PPR leagues (5 targets last week).

Wondering also. In feel like if Andy has to Chuck it like last game everyone on Dallas can eat. I'm just not liking that TDs will be minimal , but that's obvious. Wish Dak never got hurt. This kid was gonna dominate all season

9 hours ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

Any thoughts on him in dynasty format? I get this year will probably be hit or miss now, but what's the outlook going forward?

I like him a lot actually long term. It really depends on their love for Jarwin and what QB is QBing in Dallas next year. If Jarwins out the picture and Daks good to go this kid is probably easily top 8

9 hours ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

Any thoughts on him in dynasty format? I get this year will probably be hit or miss now, but what's the outlook going forward?

They committed a pretty decent TE salary and extension to Jarwin going into the season. Much will depend on how Schultz fares the rest of the season, but Jarwin appears to be the TE to own for dynasty purposes.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, konstao said:

anyone Rolling him this week ?  

[...]

He should be a solid option this week unless you have a top option at TE. The Bengals let TE's run wild on them. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
2 hours ago, JohnD said:

He should be a solid option this week unless you have a top option at TE. The Bengals let TE's run wild on them. [...]

... and then you have instances where guys like Jonnu (2/29/0) and Thomas (2/6/0) totally bomb the eff outta your lineup vs dër Büngles (happened to me) 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...