NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Davis 2020 Outlook

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, on my way currently to cmac’s house. That ankle is gonna be in real bad shape when I’m done, just please someone set my lineup for me moving forward.    Regards, Mike Davis Owner. 

Big Shout out to this dude for a big week. He is CMC light and looked good out there. Enjoy the next 3-4 weeks of this, PPR beast. 

12 minutes ago, Drewfus said:

I really don't see why Samuel needs to be out for him to be startable. Because of the 3 carries Samuel gets? Samuel is very likely going to be playing. 

I guess people think if dj moore AND samuel are out that Davis will get more looks in the passing game. Robby will get a ton of targets but he won't get themnall

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Drewfus said:

I really don't see why Samuel needs to be out for him to be startable. Because of the 3 carries Samuel gets? Samuel is very likely going to be playing. 

I agree with your statement.  Although Samuel does have some effect on Davis, mainly in siphoning off two or three potential targets out of the backfield.  And Davis needs those.

But, yeah, I'm starting with confidence regardless.  Denver has been gashed this season by the following elite RBs: Justin Jackson, Troymaine Pope, Tim Hightower, Devontae Booker, Lat Murray, Salvon Ahmed got to 12 points in PPR even.  

• Like 1

Solid matchup but they are playing cannon and smith a lot recently with Gadget Samuels I’m not as confident in him as I was earlier in the year 

only silver lining is with Moore out maybe Samuels won’t vulture as many touches 

Edited by affliction
3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Auto start with Cmc out what’s wrong with you all? Lol

I started him this weekend and will start him next weekend if CMC is out again. But, in half PPR, he had scored single-digits in five of his last six games, only one of which was with CMC. So no, he hasn't been an auto start with CMC out. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

I started him this weekend and will start him next weekend if CMC is out again. But, in half PPR, he had scored single-digits in five of his last six games, only one of which was with CMC. So no, he hasn't been an auto start with CMC out. 

the alternative is tough to find as a cmc replacement. Waiver RB average is probably 6 pts so he’s still better technically 

• Like 1
On 12/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, jimithing11 said:

No way in hell he should be starting unless you legit have no one else. His floor is crazy low since they decided to stop throwing to him more than twice a game. 

the only argument you can rummage up is he’ll have somewhat fresh legs off the bye

Well, this was a horrible take lmao.

Perhaps the open date helped? He still shared touches but at least he was more involved even when they were still playing from behind

16 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

Well, this was a horrible take lmao.

Perhaps the open date helped? He still shared touches but at least he was more involved even when they were still playing from behind

11 carries and 6 targets isn't a bad workload at all. Yeah healthy CMC would get 90+% but that workload for Davis is pretty good in the current RB landscape 

3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Any concerns with this game getting out of hand and script going out the window? This guys seems to be either and RB1 or RB3 with hardly anything in between. 

With him having the catching ability I dont think script is the issue.  His usage is the question mark.  Some mentioned he got used in the passing game last week cause Moore was out.  What are we thinking with Moore being back this week?