NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Davis 2020 Outlook

45 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Is it time to drop him and open up a bench spot?

The last few games were not so good.

This for folks without CMC.

Try to trade him for anything to the CMC owner before dropping him. 

I have CMC and I feel the need to keep him on the bench in case of reinjury. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, on my way currently to cmac’s house. That ankle is gonna be in real bad shape when I’m done, just please someone set my lineup for me moving forward.    Regards, Mike Davis Owner. 

Big Shout out to this dude for a big week. He is CMC light and looked good out there. Enjoy the next 3-4 weeks of this, PPR beast. 

49 minutes ago, zen25 said:

Is it time to drop him and open up a bench spot?

The last few games were not so good.

This for folks without CMC.

Unless there's someone really great on the WW, you might as well hold Davis for at least the next game to see if CMC plays a full game and comes out healthy.

• Like 1

For me, with Davis but no CMC, my options are (A) Hold (B) Trade to CMC owner.

Unless you're in a shallow league and there is something nice and shiny on the waiver wire of course. I have him in a deep league and the shiniest thing on the WW is like Booker.

31 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Unless there's someone really great on the WW, you might as well hold Davis for at least the next game to see if CMC plays a full game and comes out healthy.

... and to see how Rhule is gonna divvy up the work - CMC is a big part of his future success down there, don't think mgmnt is gonna look upon this season as anything but a mulligan, in terms of w/l, etc ... it was about establishing a culture and implementing his program. 

not envisioning a 50/50 split or anything like that ... but CMC ain't coming back to 90+% snap rate, either. 

Davis is as firm a HODL as there is.

Non-CMC owner here holding in my 12 team league. We know he's a 3 down back if CMC goes down. There's not many back up RB you can say that about so his upside is probably greater than pretty much anyone on your wire. I'll hold on the chance that CMC misses future games. Plus I wanna sweat the CMC owner in my league. However, I have no illusions he's usable with CMC active.

Edited by fletch44

I just read that Davis will be splitting carries with the returning McCaffrey this week.  Do you think he's still usable at all at least in Superflex leagues for one more week or is his value now totally gone again unless CMC gets re-injured?

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I just read that Davis will be splitting carries with the returning McCaffrey this week.  Do you think he's still usable at all at least in Superflex leagues for one more week or is his value now totally gone again unless CMC gets re-injured?

He's a handcuff.

8 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I think he’ll eat into CMC’s workload very slightly. Probably touchdown dependent. Definitely a handcuff. 

With the way Curtis Samuel has been vulturing his rushing TD’s these past two weeks, he’s no longer that great a handcuff even if CMC reinjures himself.  He is almost definitely a drop if CMC makes it through the game healthy.

I'm sure this has been reported in the McCaffrey thread, but CMC suffered a shoulder injury late in this week's game and he's going to get evaluated this week. If anyone was holding onto Mike Davis for security, I would continue to hold on and enjoy the ride if he has to fill in again, even if he did struggle a bit towards the latter weeks of his starting status. 

Edited by Jimbalaya
27 minutes ago, Jimbalaya said:

I'm sure this has been reported in the McCaffrey thread, but CMC suffered a shoulder injury late in this week's game and he's going to get evaluated this week. If anyone was holding onto Mike Davis for security, I would continue to hold on and enjoy the ride if he has to fill in again, even if he did struggle a bit towards the latter weeks of his starting status. 

davis didn't struggle because he sucked, he struggled because they stopped using him like how they did in the first 3 weeks.