NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Davis 2020 Outlook

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, on my way currently to cmac’s house. That ankle is gonna be in real bad shape when I’m done, just please someone set my lineup for me moving forward.    Regards, Mike Davis Owner. 

Big Shout out to this dude for a big week. He is CMC light and looked good out there. Enjoy the next 3-4 weeks of this, PPR beast. 

2, 5, 3 - targets the last 3 games as a starter for big mike.  Combine that with a brutal match up on paper.  Samuel being used in the red zone out of the backfield.  Tampa Bay embarrassed on National TV last week.  

• Like 1
On 11/11/2020 at 11:29 AM, vthokie3 said:

Brutal matchup this week

I agree. I frankly don’t expect much out of him this weekend. He’s not going to find a lot of room on the ground, and I don’t know that he’s going to be targeted 8-10 times. 

Pretty quiet in here.  Not sure what's happened to Davis these past few weeks besides getting injured, seems like he's not getting all of the targets he used to.  This week is supposed to be a great matchup but I'm feeling wary about it.

16 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Pretty quiet in here.  Not sure what's happened to Davis these past few weeks besides getting injured, seems like he's not getting all of the targets he used to.  This week is supposed to be a great matchup but I'm feeling wary about it.

because even though hes been effective every time he touches the ball and was a big reason why they were winning games, they decided to cut back on his involvement by like 50% since week 5. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ZappB said:

He's a marginal talent. Thats why he slowed down. He's a volume play at this point and Im not sure he will even get that especially now that he's injured.

Teams have footage on him now so he’s not surprising anyone and he doesn’t have the talent of CMC where he can just overwhelm defenses. 

I also think Rhule is outsmarting himself and trying to use Davis as a decoy to be more balanced on offense and it’s not really working. 

i expect 8 points as usual this week 

Edited by Klientel

No doubt he has been disappointing since week 6. But I’m also of the mindset with Teddy hurt they will rely more on the run game. Hopefully they get back to getting Davis his touches, that’s when they were winning. Has an amazing matchup, Samuels will continue to be a thorn but I’m expecting RB2 production at least this week.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, FMIII said:

I just don’t get it. Ranked 7th on FantasyPros by consensus 36 rankers. What’s the thought here now Teddy is “unlikely to play”?

Like a JD Mckissic situation. He may get 10+ Targets this week but the carries may be iffy. Samuel seems to get 3-4 a game. Never know I guess 

Edited by PackerBacker555
3 minutes ago, FMIII said:

So conflicted on giving him another chance. The best Matchup ahead in facing DET, but are the Coaches going to give him the touches? Downward trend overall in the last month

Unless you have some great RB’s, I don’t see how you can’t start him with how the landscape is right now.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Starting with confidence. 

I'm not totally confident in him, but I agree that he's a start this week against a horrid Detroit run defense. Not only are they allowing good rushing totals to RBs, but they're giving up a lot of TDs to RBs and a lot of receptions to RBs. If he can't produce this week, I don't know that I'd ever start him again this season. 

• Like 1

I picked him up after someone dropped him. Literally playing him just for this game despite having other really good RB options. Let's roll.

EXPERT NOTE

We heard last week that McCaffrey had "a chance to play" in Week 11, but that's quickly went south as the latest reports are saying that he's likely going to be held out through their bye in Week 13. We knew the Week 10 matchup against the Bucs was going to be tough, and Davis was forced to leave with an injury to his finger, which certainly didn't help his ability to catch passes, which is where he needed to make value. In games that McCaffrey has missed, Davis has totaled 130 of the 163 available opportunities to Panthers running backs (80 percent), so when you see the Lions opponents have averaged 31.7 touches, you should be getting excited. If you take a look at the Lions competition this year and look at their points-per-game averages, you'd learn that the Lions are allowing 9.3 more fantasy points per game to those running backs than they typically average. That's the most in the NFL, as no other team is over 7.0 points per game. Of the 84.5 PPR points the Lions allow to skill-position players, 42.5 percent of them go to the running back position, which is the second-highest percentage in the league. In fact, the Packers and the Lions are the only two teams who've allowed more than 38 percent of that production go to running backs. Wide receivers facing the Lions are outscoring running backs by just 1.2 PPR points per game, which is the lowest mark in the league, while the Packers are the only other team with a number less than 6.1 points per game. When you add all of this together, you get a matchup that's produced a league-leading 35.9 PPR points per game. That's a full 4.3 PPR points per game than the closest team (Packers). They've allowed more rushing (13) and receiving (5) touchdowns to running backs than any team in the league. The best part is that they've allowed more fantasy points per game through the air (14.1) to running backs than any other team in the league, which is where Davis has really shined. Whew, that was a lot of ways to say, "start Mike Davis this week as an RB1."

Mike Tagliere - FantasyPros - 2 days ago
Edited by jagsfan05
  • Thanks 1