NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drake offered to me....

12 team PPR, deep keeper

RBs-  Barkley, Mostert, Michel, Gaskin, DLewis, DFreeman, DEvans

WRs- Metcalf, Woods, Boyd, Hollywood, PWilliams

Have been rebuilding, but now with the Barkley/Mostert double whammy, I'm thinking it's time to extent the rebuild one more year.  However, someone's looking to take advantage of my situation and has offered me Drake for Metcalf.  I'm inclined to pass as I have a nice nucleus with Murray/Barkley/Metcalf to build on.  Correct call?  Should I counter with a different WR, or try draft picks?  I'm sure at a minimum he'll want my first rounder+.

Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, Bandito said:

12 team PPR, deep keeper

RBs-  Barkley, Mostert, Michel, Gaskin, DLewis, DFreeman, DEvans

WRs- Metcalf, Woods, Boyd, Hollywood, PWilliams

Have been rebuilding, but now with the Barkley/Mostert double whammy, I'm thinking it's time to extent the rebuild one more year.  However, someone's looking to take advantage of my situation and has offered me Drake for Metcalf.  I'm inclined to pass as I have a nice nucleus with Murray/Barkley/Metcalf to build on.  Correct call?  Should I counter with a different WR, or try draft picks?  I'm sure at a minimum he'll want my first rounder+.

Thoughts?

I think Drake is an excellent buy low right now. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat and keep Murray, Barkley, and Drake. If the Cardinals decide to resign him you won that trade.

• Thanks 1

I’d keep DK for sure.  I kept Tyreek Hill in his rookie season in a deep keeper and it’s set me up every year since.  dK is a stud and has arguably the leagues best QB throwing to him.

i wouldn’t be afraid of your 1st round pick for Drake.  With him on your squad you can play waivers or use freeeman as your DB2 until Mostert is back and have a good squad after.  Without an rb1 your in real trouble this year and it’s no fun to know the year is over in week 2 (trust me, I’m an eagles fan).

you could try another of your wideouts for drake but if I were that owner I wouldn’t bite.  Maybe if you did a good sales job with Boyd and Burrow throwing 61 times.

• Thanks 1

I’d probably stick with DK. Him and Russ look like they have a solid connection. Better days are ahead for Drake, but we also don’t know for sure where he is playing next year, AZ could opt to get a shiny new first round back like the colts and chiefs did to pair with Murray 

thanks for helping with mine 

• Thanks 1