NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Split carries early downs with McKinnon & Hasty. Doubt he gets much third down work... probably will see McKinnon & Hasty in on third downs..... likely an all out committee is my guess. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, I think this is the type of guy you let drift through waivers and then pick him up tomorrow morning after waivers clear. 

I wouldnt chance it.

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Tbh, I think this is the type of guy you let drift through waivers and then pick him up tomorrow morning after waivers clear. 

Told myself the same thing last week re; Corey Davis. Cost me.

1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

I wouldnt chance it.

Yup. If you're in desperate need of a RB, I'd put a claim in. 

2 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

I wouldnt chance it.

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Told myself the same thing last week re; Corey Davis. Cost me.

Yup. If you're in desperate need of a RB, I'd put a claim in. 

Very true...depends on how badly you need a RB. 

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Depending on your league settings you can put in a bid of $0.  We did this because our adult friends no longer wanted to stay up past 1 am to add the waiver leftovers... and it makes A LOT of sense.  

1 hour ago, kco734 said:

Split carries early downs with McKinnon & Hasty. Doubt he gets much third down work... probably will see McKinnon & Hasty in on third downs..... likely an all out committee is my guess. 

Why would Hasty be splitting carries? He didn't even make the team to start the season. Hasty may get a few snaps, if that.

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

this is 100% my plan, he was good when he filled in last time around.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Exactly what I did. Didn't bid on any of the big names - Mike Davis, Freeman, Lewis. Once waivers cleared this morning he was sitting there. 

He's a decent spot start this week. Once Mostert and/or Coleman returns, I don't see him having much value. Would still rather have McKinnon this week and ROS for his pass catching and explosive play potential, but Wilson is probably the better TD bet this week and it wouldn't shock me to see him within +/- 2 touches of McKinnon. 

I agree. Giants' morale has to be critically low after loss of Saquon & Sterling Shepard. No matter how good McKinnon has looked, the 49ers want to keep him healthy. Don't get me wrong, McKinnon is the guy here but a 10 carry, 65 yard, 2 TD outing isn't out of the realm of possibility with the Giants giving up 220 rushing yards weeks 1 & 2.

1 minute ago, Cardiak said:

If Wilson is so decent, why doesn't he get much action?

Because Mostert is an electric game breaker and both Coleman/McKinnon are big money backs.  Wilson is a decent back, but he's not special and he's great as a goal line back.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, matthew berry said:

Depending on your league settings you can put in a bid of $0.  We did this because our adult friends no longer wanted to stay up past 1 am to add the waiver leftovers... and it makes A LOT of sense.  

If everyone puts in $0 bids, it then goes to waiver priority which you might waste on a guy like this.  With FAAB, waiver priority only gets used in cases of ties, which is unusual.  So it's hard to get back up in the order, not that it gets used much.

How long is Mostert expected to be out?  Just one game?

The San Francisco Chronicle believes Jeff Wilson “could see the most action” in Week 3 against the Giants.

With Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman sidelined, Wilson and Jerick McKinnon are next up for carries. The 49ers could also promote RB JaMycal Hasty from the practice squad. Wilson played just five snaps the first two weeks but may be the favorite for early down and red-zone work over McKinnon. In a matchup with a struggling Giants run defense, Wilson is a Week 3 streaming option.

RELATED: 
Sep 23, 2020, 12:21 PM ET
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sun Tzu changed the title to Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic