NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, ak427 said:

I got him off waivers, but I have a hard time trusting RBs getting extra touches because of injuries to the guy in front of them (Mattison, Booker, etc.)

... aaaand for every Matty/Bookman/Hill there is a Davis/Gallman/Ahmed (with Davis & Gallman doing it multiple weeks).

your point is well taken, though ... and even if it tilts askew more often than not, one cannot ask for better opportunity/opponent than Mr. Wiiiiiiiiiilson has this coming Sunday, December 20th, 2020. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... aaaand for every Matty/Bookman/Hill there is a Davis/Gallman/Ahmed (with Davis & Gallman doing it multiple weeks).

your point is well taken, though ... and even if it tilts askew more often than not, one cannot ask for better opportunity/opponent than Mr. Wiiiiiiiiiilson has this coming Sunday, December 20th, 2020. 

Very true. Just trying to present a differing viewpoint than the "league winner" that I'm seeing more of. Don't get me wrong, I'm probably gonna start him too, but personally, I've been burned by this more often than not

edit: Probably gonna start him assuming Mostert is out. I don't think I will if Mostert is playing in any capacity. 

Edited by ak427
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

If Mostert is out, I think Wilson is easily a Flex start, and is in the RB2 conversation. 

JMHO.

he is easily a flex start with mostert in, and a rb2 or greater with mostert out. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Agreed.... Top 15 is not "elite" as others mentioned. 

I look at the "elite" tag as more of a running joke. I'm just hoping for RB2 numbers and anything beyond that is just gravy. 

Couldn't agree more on starting him regardless of whether Mostert suits up. Obviously I'd prefer for Mostert to sit but the guy is getting more tests done on his ankle. He is in some discomfort and Jeff is going to get some run regardless. Plus Shanny seems to really like the guy so I'm not overly concerned about "Shenanigans". Carry us to victory, Jeff. 

20 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

This thread is going to deflate if Mostert is active.

I would be very surprised if that happens.  Mostert has not looked good since coming back and if he did aggravate the ankle last week.  Just no reason to play him.  They are not a playoff team this year with all the injuries.

15 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

I look at the "elite" tag as more of a running joke. I'm just hoping for RB2 numbers and anything beyond that is just gravy. 

Yeah something like 12/60 and 3/30 is decent enough even if he doesn't score and that is pretty near his floor if he starts against the terrible Cowboys defense.

At this point in the season it can be huge. With injuries and players on COVID (like Gaskin) i'm sure he is going to help a lot of people. 

9 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Contract incentives?

He gets 12,500 bonus per game.  To a normal person thats huge.  For him he's set to make 3.125 next year and Niners would have to take over 3.75 mill in dead cap space if they release him.  So really not much incentive on both sides to get him out on field and risk severe injury if the ankle isn't right.

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

This thread is going to deflate if Mostert is active.

and that is perfectly fine too because then everyone can either flex him or bench him and no one has to stress out on Sunday every snap