NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Eh okay... maybe it’s not happening just yet

The only explanation I can think of for them playing him when he is clearly hobbled is that they don't view him as an important part of their future. Likely will be spending a day 2 pick on a RB or bringing one in via free agency. Otherwise, it is just absurd to continue rolling him out when their season is clearly in the dust bin.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Eh okay... maybe it’s not happening just yet

translation - he is hurt so he won't practice and we'll see how he feels on friday.   which is exactly the same status that has been there since Sunday night.  nothing to see here yet.  one way or the other

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Panthor said:

translation - he is hurt so he won't practice and we'll see how he feels on friday.   which is exactly the same status that has been there since Sunday night.  nothing to see here yet.  one way or the other

You hope so

12 minutes ago, Panthor said:

Exactly. The fact that Mostert played through the entire game and said after the game he feels fine makes me believe he will be out there as long as there were no setbacks, which is probably why they had a precautionary MRI to make sure it wasn't bad enough to shut him down.

1 minute ago, ak427 said:

Would not play if Mostert is active. Could very easily see a single digit PPR score if there's two running backs getting carries. 

Wislon will still get the gl calls, Shanny does not use MostHurt in those situations with a healthy Wilson on board. 

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Wislon will still get the gl calls, Shanny does not use MostHurt in those situations with a healthy Wilson on board. 

I think he leans towards Wilson here, but it's far from a given - just look at the Rams in week 12 when Mostert scored from 8 yards out.

Just now, trilly said:

I think he leans towards Wilson here, but it's far from a given - just look at the Rams in week 12 when Mostert scored from 8 yards out.

no, it's a given ... 8 yds out is a whole different offensive mindset than 1st and goal from the 1 ... or 2

28 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no, it's a given ... 8 yds out is a whole different offensive mindset than 1st and goal from the 1 ... or 2

That maybe true, but it's way too specific of a target usage for me to comfortably deploy. Personally, I'm not chasing touchdowns because they're too random. Touches are what's important for me. And they'll be limited if Mostert is active. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, ak427 said:

That maybe true, but it's way too specific of a target usage for me to comfortably deploy. Personally, I'm not chasing touchdowns because they're too random. Touches are what's important for me. And they'll be limited if Mostert is active. 

yes. 

Wilson will only touch the ball if the 'Niners get to the 2 yard line ... he will receive NO other carries or receptions.

got it. 

😅

THANKS FOR DROPPING IN WITH THE ALIAS, SHANNY!!1!1!1 

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yes. 

Wilson will only touch the ball if the 'Niners get to the 2 yard line ... he will receive NO other carries or receptions.

got it. 

😅

THANKS FOR DROPPING IN WITH THE ALIAS, SHANNY!!1!1!1 

Very much not my point, but ok. 10 carries for 40 yards and 1 catch for 7 yards sound good to you?

• Haha 1

If Mostert is healthy and plays the whole game we're looking at, what, 8-12 carries each? That's really not what I'm looking for out of a flex. Has only had more than 13 receiving yards once this year.  I dunno, it's hard to bank on TDs and a potential line 9/40 plus 2/10 receiving is not where i want to be in the semis.

As a wilson/mostert owner I really hope Mostert sits, otherwise I'm probably looking to the wire depending on other injuries.

• Like 2

As for Mostert, it would appear that the running back aggravated his ankle. He missed four games earlier this season due to a high-ankle sprain that landed him on injured reserve.

"It's kind of how all high-ankle sprains are," Shanahan explained. "He zinged it a couple of times in the game, which is going to happen to him a lot, but it felt just a little worse than normal. And he's not practicing today, but (with) the imaging (results), we feel pretty good that he'll be able to get there at the end of the week.

"So, I think it hurts a little bit more than usual, but the imaging was somewhat positive. We're going to take care of him today and allow him to rest, and hopefully, he'll feel a little bit better tomorrow."

Outside of "pull in case of emergency" situations hopefully people have better options if both are out there. I would prefer not the play either and avoid the TD + 40-60 yard roulette. Can get better production out of some of the better run committee backfields.

I think the excitement of Wilson as the consensus #1 waiver wire pickup this week was that he would be a bellcow with Mostert out?  It has pretty much been 50-50 for them the last few weeks?  True, he does get goal line.  And this could be the really poor man's version of Chubb and Hunt, especially against Dallas.

However, the enthusiasm is waning a little given the seemingly positive Mostert news.

I guess I’m just looking at it from the perspective that Dallas is terrible and two RBs are more than capable of  having productive games against them. This is the same team that made JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards look like Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka  just a couple weeks ago.

Also Mostert is the one dealing with a nagging injury. He’s more of a risk than Wilson in my humble opinion. Not just aggravating it but having to come off the field more and ceding reps to Jeffery 

Edited by TeflonDonNewcombe
  • Like 2