NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

40 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

I guess I’m just looking at it from the perspective that Dallas is terrible and two RBs are more than capable of  having productive games against them. This is the same team that made JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards look like Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka  just a couple weeks ago.

Also Mostert is the one dealing with a nagging injury. He’s more of a risk than Wilson in my humble opinion. Not just aggravating it but having to come off the field more and ceding reps to Jeffery 

I think the issue is it limits upside in this case. Mostert might actually be the better start since he is the one known to break off chunk plays (and was doing it last week with a few chunky runs before he went down for maintenance). They literally split things 50-50 and I'd expect similar to most weeks wherein Mostert gets more of the yards and Wilson might snake the TD, but they will basically still end up with the same amount of fantasy points. Maybe they are splitting slightly more points this week due to the match-up, though. I would, for example, prefer Hunt over either guy if they're both active.

The issue is if Mostert is a full go then Wilson is once again limited to short yardage, though they seem to have looked his way more in the red zone recently. Short of breaking off a long run I don't see the yardage upside with both healthy.

Wilson still had less carries and yards than Mostert last week even though the latter was out of the game for a period.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, TeflonDonNewcombe said:

I guess I’m just looking at it from the perspective that Dallas is terrible and two RBs are more than capable of  having productive games against them. This is the same team that made JK Dobbins and Gus Edwards look like Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka  just a couple weeks ago.

Also Mostert is the one dealing with a nagging injury. He’s more of a risk than Wilson in my humble opinion. Not just aggravating it but having to come off the field more and ceding reps to Jeffery 

This guy gets it. 

Bonus points for the Mercury Morris and Larry Csonka reference, which might've been lost on the young-in's, but not on this old guy.

Good on ya TeflonDon! :knucks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mostert’s projection just went down to 0 on EPSN and Wilsons went up. If Mostert really is out I’m starting Wilson in the flex over Kupp and Cooks for sure. 

Edited by Andy Mick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Andy Mick said:

Mostert’s projection just went down to 0 on EPSN and Wilsons went up. If Mostert really is out I’m starting Wilson in the flex over Kupp and Cooks for sure. 

Flex? If Mosthurt is out I’m starting this unit as RB1 and benching the rest of my team to rest up for the finals. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This guy could very easily be a league-winner if Mostert sits out this week and beyond.

There's almost no chance Mostert plays this week, and even if he does, he wouldn't get more than 10 carries.

This feels like a classic Jeff Wilson Jr. game.

18 carries, 82 yards, 2 TD // 2 catches, 14 yards

1 minute ago, CORTEz said:

This guy could very easily be a league-winner if Mostert sits out this week and beyond.

There's almost no chance Mostert plays this week, and even if he does, he wouldn't get more than 10 carries.

This feels like a classic Jeff Wilson Jr. game.

18 carries, 82 yards, 2 TD // 2 catches, 14 yards

How are we at "no chance" lol? Didn't Shanahan say yesterday that he expects Mostert to play?

Confident in Wilson no matter Mostert's status. Obviously much prefer for Wilson to be the workhorse but he can still eat in a time share -- and SF would have to be crazy to turn around and give Mostert a full (or even full-ish) workload right now. 

5 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Confident in Wilson no matter Mostert's status. Obviously much prefer for Wilson to be the workhorse but he can still eat in a time share -- and SF would have to be crazy to turn around and give Mostert a full (or even full-ish) workload right now. 

Clearly you aren't familiar with Kyle Shanahan's body of work.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, paulwall29 said:

Clearly you aren't familiar with Kyle Shanahan's body of work.

I'm not confident he'll make the right choice. Just hopeful thinking, but Wilson is a good fantasy play this week either way.

Edited by Jetdog16
2 hours ago, Andy Mick said:

Haven't we learned that projections mean nothing?

Yahoo has Mostert for 10.78 and Wilson for 10.56.

Pretty much projecting a 50-50 split which is what will probably happen given past usage when both active.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, brosephd said:

so without mostert, no worries for coleman or mckinnon?

Shanahan was just quoted this week that both Wilson and Mostert had "earned" the work. Also mentioned once again how McKinnon was worn down due to his early season usage. His lack of mention of Coleman along with his few touches speaks for itself.

• Thanks 1