NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

25 minutes ago, MBarbarian said:

Well, he did outscore Zeke, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Miles, Sanders, David Johnson, Josh Jacobs, Kenyan Drake, and Mixon last week, among others, and may be in an even better position this week.  So there's that.

lol 90 % of fantasy players would not start jefe over those cats. So there’s that. And if u do this week...kuddos, giant marbles!

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to play him again this week.  I watched the game last week (for the most part).

He was lucky to score both of the TD's IMO.

Regardless I hope he does it again.  Jet's dinged on his first real bell cow role of the year; not shocking.

Having King Henry on BYE this week sucks.  I gotta roll with Wilson and AP.  Oof.

• Like 1

The thing is most of us using him dont have much if a choice and he st least has a history even before this year of decent RZ usage. When you're starting players of this caliber you're just hoping for a TD 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dude was pretty involved last night, including in the rz.  didnt see final snap count, but looked to be 50/50 with mostert.  if rostert were to go down, could potentially be feature back (but who knows with shanahan)?

• Like 1

He's honestly not a bad back to own if desperate for RBs. They were down the whole game and he still got good volume, and like you mentioned, a lot of redzone looks. He was also the primary passing back. Seems like Shanny really likes this guy as he got the full load when Mostert went down and then came right back into a timeshare with Mostert ahead of Coleman and Mckinnon.

Edited by harck
3 hours ago, herschel said:

dude was pretty involved last night, including in the rz.  didnt see final snap count, but looked to be 50/50 with mostert.  if rostert were to go down, could potentially be feature back (but who knows with shanahan)?

I think if that happened McKinnon and/or Coleman(puke) would just absorb his carries. Seems like Shanny is just obsessed with the RBBC rotation to keep guys fresh. Prob correct, what do I know. I don't hate Wilson as a stash I just think he's not one of those guys whose value would skyrocket if the guy in front of him went down

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think if that happened McKinnon and/or Coleman(puke) would just absorb his carries. Seems like Shanny is just obsessed with the RBBC rotation to keep guys fresh. Prob correct, what do I know. I don't hate Wilson as a stash I just think he's not one of those guys whose value would skyrocket if the guy in front of him went down

I think it's mostly that Wilson has just been playing well enough that he doesn't see a huge difference between Wilson and Mostert, which sucks.

I picked him up as insurance in case Mostert goes down - I think Wilson would end up getting a 2/3 snap share if that were to happen. I look back to the Pats game as my rationale, it's pretty clear they don't have much use for McKinnon at this stage and Coleman is washed.

25 minutes ago, trilly said:

I picked him up as insurance in case Mostert goes down - I think Wilson would end up getting a 2/3 snap share if that were to happen. I look back to the Pats game as my rationale, it's pretty clear they don't have much use for McKinnon at this stage and Coleman is washed.

McKinnon and Coleman have done nothing with their opps. Week 7 they handed it over to Wilson and he dominated. 

I think McKinnon/Coleman keep their roles either way (scraps) and Wilson/Mostert keep the 1a1b roles. If one gets hurt, they get the bulk with maybe a slight uptick for Coleman/McKinnon. 

Edited by vikesrube

i know it was a while ago, but i started wilson week 4 against philly.  it was the week after mostert went down against the giants and wilson was solid in the game replacing him.  everyone was predicting wilson would dominate the snaps in week 4 as the logical replacement and sure enough, mckinnon was the lead back and wilson did nothing.  predicting shanahan is like predicting belichick.  just when you think you know, you dont know.  tread lightly....

• Like 2

[...], i might just pick up wilson which gives me an option to start both wilson and mostert in a matchup that has a favorable game script...aka week 15 after seeing what the ravens are doing to dallas lol.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Really debating on if I should drop a fringe flex to stash this guy since I own mostert.. but with the coaching staff I just don’t know if I could start him over or if he might not even get carries another game lol

Edited by coleworld7

Really hoping he stays off my league's waiver wire radar.

After watching BALT absolutely demolish DAL on the ground last night, not only will Wilson add insurance for my Mostert, but in a pinch he AND Mostert could both be startable against that run D in week 15. Truly putrid run D.

Really thinking about picking him up even though I don't own Mostert. 

The distribution of carries in SF seems kind of haphazard, but there are a lot of injuries to account for. 

Do y'all think he's the GL and passing down back going forward? And that this is going to be a Wilson and Mostert committee? What's the deal with McKinnon - has he played his way out of the committee or can you not rely on the SF coaching staff? 

4 hours ago, Drewfus said:

Really thinking about picking him up even though I don't own Mostert. 

The distribution of carries in SF seems kind of haphazard, but there are a lot of injuries to account for. 

Do y'all think he's the GL and passing down back going forward? And that this is going to be a Wilson and Mostert committee? What's the deal with McKinnon - has he played his way out of the committee or can you not rely on the SF coaching staff? 

Not sure anybody can really answer that.  I'm not even sure the SF coaches know what they're doing half the time until the game starts unfolding.

I grabbed Wilson in one of my deeper leagues that I'm a bit thin at RB.  He just kind of impresses me and always seems like a forgotten man in that backfield.  He's nothing flashy but runs hard every time he gets a chance.

Mostert has a tough time staying healthy and that Week 15 matchup against the Cowboys could be a nice spot to use Wilson in a pinch.  

That said though, he's probably likely to always find himself in a committee wither with Mostert or McKinnon so my expectations aren't real high.  They do seem to like him in the red zone though so that keeps him mildly interesting.

53 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Mostert has a tough time staying healthy and that Week 15 matchup against the Cowboys could be a nice spot to use Wilson in a pinch.  

if this cat is still available in your leegs, then the quoted passage above oughtta be enough to pull the trigger. 

especially if the 'Niners win this week ... that Dallas game has all the makings of a complete bloodbath.  

• Haha 1
  • Sun Tzu changed the title to Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic