NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff Wilson Jr. 2020 Outlook

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

Is it? The floor for both Drake and Hunt is like 5 points lol. If Drake doesn't find the end zone he's a sure-fire dud. 

I think Wilson sans Mostert has a higher floor than both tbh.

Edit: said as someone that has been happily rolling Drake out since like Week 5.

Wilson is just as TD dependent as the others... I think you are just as likely to get 15 touches from Drake/Hunt as you are from Wilson. Wilson does have a juicy matchup. Shanahan could easily make this a RBBC on Sunday. Baring game script changes you know the role you are getting from the others. I think we all agree that Wilson does have high upside but also a wider spectrum of outcomes then the others. 

8 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Wilson is just as TD dependent as the others... I think you are just as likely to get 15 touches from Drake/Hunt as you are from Wilson. Wilson does have a juicy matchup. Shanahan could easily make this a RBBC on Sunday. Baring game script changes you know the role you are getting from the others. I think we all agree that Wilson does have high upside but also a wider spectrum of outcomes then the others. 

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. But I'd rather roll the dice on the TD-dependent RB playing on one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL against the Dallas Cowboys.

All things considered, 15 touches from Wilson are worth a hell of a lot more than 22 touches from Drake. I think 15 touches from Hunt are more valuable than either, but less certain that he actually hits that number.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MingusDew said:

I don't really disagree with anything you're saying. But I'd rather roll the dice on the TD-dependent RB playing on one of the best rushing attacks in the NFL against the Dallas Cowboys.

All things considered, 15 touches from Wilson are worth a hell of a lot more than 22 touches from Drake. I think 15 touches from Hunt are more valuable than either, but less certain that he actually hits that number.

I'm having to choose between Wilson and Hunt and I may just go with Wilson. Hunt did well Monday night but he did really well with a negative game script. They were down multiple scores. It shouldn't be that way against the Giants. It's a tough decision. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

Mostert banged up.  If Wilson has the backfield to himself, he's a league winner.  A must add IMO. 

Edit: I do find it hilarious peeps are still even mentioning Coleman's name.  

Because they know Shanahan too well. I think Wilson is a must add if Mostert misses time but he doesn't instill he should. It was a essentially a 50/50 backfield with Mostert and Wilson. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Wilson stays at 50% and they just give the remaining touches to the other jagaloon RBs on the roster

There has not been a 49ers RB to break 20 carries this year despite the rotating door of injuries. Wilson will still be a solid play against Dallas with 15+ touches likely, but there will be plenty of Coleman and/or McKinnon mixing in.

From Daigle: 

Even with Raheem Mostert re-aggravating his nagging ankle injury mid-game, Jerick McKinnon and Tevin Coleman combined for 22 special teams snaps while Wilson soaked up 100% of the team’s backfield touches once Mostert left...Wilson is not a great, but an elite play against a front-seven still allowing a league-high 162.7 rushing yards per game. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GoBlue41 said:

I'm having to choose between Wilson and Hunt and I may just go with Wilson. Hunt did well Monday night but he did really well with a negative game script. They were down multiple scores. It shouldn't be that way against the Giants. It's a tough decision. 

i'm going with guaranteed touches, or at least projected guaranteed touches.  If Mostert is out, Wilson should get most if not all the work.  and against a bad DAL D, it seems like a no brainer.  there can always be Shannigans but you can't play the "what if" game.  you have to make the best decision with the info you have and it points to Wilson is a virtual lock to be a RB2 with RB1 upside if Mostert is out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trilly said:

From Daigle: 

Even with Raheem Mostert re-aggravating his nagging ankle injury mid-game, Jerick McKinnon and Tevin Coleman combined for 22 special teams snaps while Wilson soaked up 100% of the team’s backfield touches once Mostert left...Wilson is not a great, but an elite play against a front-seven still allowing a league-high 162.7 rushing yards per game. 

ELITE...

Dang GIF - Questlove OhSnap Dang GIFs

• Haha 4
6 hours ago, LongBalls said:

There has not been a 49ers RB to break 20 carries this year despite the rotating door of injuries. Wilson will still be a solid play against Dallas with 15+ touches likely, but there will be plenty of Coleman and/or McKinnon mixing in.

Totally agree with this. My only concern with Wilson is that he can take 15 touches and turn it into 3 TD's. No way can you let your opponent get this guy. This is a "must bock" LOL.

• Like 1

Totally agree with this. My only concern with Wilson is that he can take 15 touches and turn it into 3 TD's. No way can you let your opponent get this guy. Even if you don't play him, this is a must have to prevent your opponent from getting him. LOL.

Edited by nonstopfan

If mostert is out he becomes a must start over just about anyone except the obvious top shelf RBs. Yes there’s a risk he doesn’t get a full workload but it’s just the same level of risk that goes with the drake, zeke, hunt tier of RBs. But a matchup vs the cowboys without mostert can be a game changer. He should still have a very decent floor with a huge upside to win you the week. I’ll take that risk for the potential reward every single time.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

I can't ignore the fact I didn't get the memo Mostert is out Week 15. Everyone is acting like he is but that is not confirmed. 

Owning both as many here I hope he just is out but until he is both of these guys are relatively dicey options.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I can't ignore the fact I didn't get the memo Mostert is out Week 15. Everyone is acting like he is but that is not confirmed. 

Owning both as many here I hope he just is out but until he is both of these guys are relatively dicey options.

no one is acting like he is out, everyone is saying if he is out Wilson is a must start

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

No one is saying mostert is out but with waivers about to go through like in most leagues wilson is a must add and an obvious watch to see what happens. 

Edited by StevenSC400
20 minutes ago, Panthor said:

no one is acting like he is out, everyone is saying if he is out Wilson is a must start

?

The Daigle WW Column has been quoted extensively since it was posted earlier today. So there is "one" - and there were a few singing choo choo along with that...

Jeff Wilson was removed from the top-five since he's, as you'll read below, no longer a backup.

3 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

?

The Daigle WW Column has been quoted extensively since it was posted earlier today. So there is "one" - and there were a few singing choo choo along with that...

Jeff Wilson was removed from the top-five since he's, as you'll read below, no longer a backup.

Following columns just like rankings these days is almost useless. Everyone seems to be a fantasy expert in today’s world even though at least half of them don’t make any sense at all. Until there’s real news stating mostert is out it’s all unknown at this point. All we can do is pickup Wilson and see what happens.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

That's true, I think people are just reading the signs as mostert said he wasn't 100% before they played last weekend then he left the game and got an MRI Monday. Not ruled out yet but trending down, especially considering their record

Doubt Mostert plays.

This is what a league winner looks like each year. Some dude that really isn’t that good but is fresh comes in and lights it up for 2-3 weeks. Happens every year.

Obviously it’s not clear if he is the starter or not yet but worth blowing 100% of the remaining FAAB budget IMO. Doubt anything else pops up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

even IF the MostHurt suits up, Mr. Wilson is still gonna be the choice at the gl, and will be given his chances there at the stripe ... that we know, regardless of peripherals - so, yuuuuuuuuge ✔ for Jeffaldo - think he makes for a boffo start either way.   

but ya know who blows?  dër Bünglez, that's who. 

why is that pertinent? 'cuz they let the 'Pokes off the deck last week in miserable fashion ... sure, we all knew Dallas was gonna beat them, but Cincy was so horrendous that they gave them Pokes some swagitude heading into this week.  

Dallas has something to play for, SFO is sliding to Palookaville - it's a lost season.  no GQ, no Deebo, no Kibbles n' Bitz, no Radio Raheem, no home stadium/facilities, etc.

never discount a home team with something on the line in week 15 vs an also ran.  and now, thanks to dër aforementioned Bünglez, Dallas has some big time momentum. 

the balancing out here is that Shanny & staff are eons above Fat Mike and his band of cohorts ... but, believe it or not, Dallas just may be the better team at this stage of the game 🤷‍♂️

last thing we need is for Dalton and that offense to use last week's mirage dominance in Cincy as a springboard for success this Sunday ... lest we see Shanny go into early ketchup mode with his darling lil' project of Jet. 

i'd hope to hell SFO shows up - and that's all on Shanny here - he's gotta motivate these cats to play spoiler now, and to not embarass themselves down there in Jerruhhhh World. 

we need a heaping helping of Mr. Wiiiiiiiilson early and often.  punch that clown 🤡  show Dallas defense straight in the cotdamn mouf - then get the remnants of that SFO defense up and all over Dalton's nutz ... smother Zeke, contain Pollard, blanket Coop, trip CeeDee, yell at Gallup.  oh, and kick Sergeant Schultz at the bottom of a scrum ... he's a pretty tough hombre. 

we need some 'Niner 'tude. 

tl;dr - i need more coffee  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

even IF the MostHurt suits up, Mr. Wilson is still gonna be the choice at the gl, and will be given his chances there at the stripe ... that we know, regardless of peripherals - so, yuuuuuuuuge ✔ for Jeffaldo - think he makes for a boffo start either way.   

but ya know who blows?  dër Bünglez, that's who. 

why is that pertinent? 'cuz they let the 'Pokes off the deck last week in miserable fashion ... sure, we all knew Dallas was gonna beat them, but Cincy was so horrendous that they gave them Pokes some swagitude heading into this week.  

Dallas has something to play for, SFO is sliding to Palookaville - it's a lost season.  no GQ, no Deebo, no Kibbles n' Bitz, no Radio Raheem, no home stadium/facilities, etc.

never discount a home team with something on the line in week 15 vs an also ran.  and now, thanks to dër aforementioned Bünglez, Dallas has some big time momentum. 

the balancing out here is that Shanny & staff are eons above Fat Mike and his band of cohorts ... but, believe it or not, Dallas just may be the better team at this stage of the game 🤷‍♂️

last thing we need is for Dalton and that offense to use last week's mirage dominance in Cincy as a springboard for success this Sunday ... lest we see Shanny go into early ketchup mode with his darling lil' project of Jet. 

i'd hope to hell SFO shows up - and that's all on Shanny here - he's gotta motivate these cats to play spoiler now, and to not embarass themselves down there in Jerruhhhh World. 

we need a heaping helping of Mr. Wiiiiiiiilson early and often.  punch that clown 🤡  show Dallas defense straight in the cotdamn mouf - then get the remnants of that SFO defense up and all over Dalton's nutz ... smother Zeke, contain Pollard, blanket Coop, trip CeeDee, yell at Gallup.  oh, and kick Sergeant Schultz at the bottom of a scrum ... he's a pretty tough hombre. 

we need some 'Niner 'tude. 

tl;dr - i need more coffee  

spacer.png

• Like 1