NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brees/Ekeler/Woods for Stafford/Taylor/Metcalf?

I lost Barkley and need to make some moves cover RB. This is a 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, DEF, K league so QBs carry more weight. I have Ekeler and Kelley who seem to be in a 60/40 split so moving Ekeler for a workhorse back and keeping Kelley gives me more depth. Ive been offered Stafford/Taylor/Metcalf for my Brees/Woods/Ekeler. Do I make this trade or offer something less like my Brees/Woods/Kelley for his Stafford/Taylor/Boyd? This would give me a lot better RB depth with Ekeler still on the squad but lower my WR quality a decent amount.

For reference, my RBs are Ekeler, Bell, Monty, Henderson, Davis and my current WRs are Adams, Woods, Moore, Fuller. Half PPR.

WHIR

I’d do this deal right now before it’s too late. I feel like Taylor and Metcslf have higher floor and WAY higher ceilings than Ekler and Woods. There’s no risk there at all. I’m also higher on Stafford than Brees. This one’s easy. Don’t fool yourself!

EDIT: I’d offer this, not the other deal

Edited by V3X

This deal definitely works out in your favor.  I think Taylor is going to take over the Colts backfield sooner than later.  Also, Metcalf is a stud.  Take the offer.

I think the deal is a lot closer than people think, but I'm admittedly bias as an Ekeler owner.

Taylor and Ekeler are probably a wash. I'm not as low on Ekeler as others are. I just don't think Kelley will see the same type of usage if he continue to be inefficient. And Ekeler will remain involved in the passing game. Probably a wash though given taylor's weekly volume.

Metcalf and Woods is close. But given how much Seattle is throwing it, I like Metcalf more and thinks he presents more upside.

Stafford and Brees... gotta go with Stafford, with Golladay back, theyll be airing it out more and you'll see bigger games from him than we've seen so far.

I think I make the deal, even though I hate losing Ekeler.

Thanks for help with mine.

33 minutes ago, awesomesince86 said:

I lost Barkley and need to make some moves cover RB. This is a 2QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, DEF, K league so QBs carry more weight. I have Ekeler and Kelley who seem to be in a 60/40 split so moving Ekeler for a workhorse back and keeping Kelley gives me more depth. Ive been offered Stafford/Taylor/Metcalf for my Brees/Woods/Ekeler. Do I make this trade or offer something less like my Brees/Woods/Kelley for his Stafford/Taylor/Boyd? This would give me a lot better RB depth with Ekeler still on the squad but lower my WR quality a decent amount.

For reference, my RBs are Ekeler, Bell, Monty, Henderson, Davis and my current WRs are Adams, Woods, Moore, Fuller. Half PPR.

WHIR

I'd 100% make this move. Buy on Taylor and Stafford become they pop off to the point that you can't. Stafford's potential is really high with Golladay back.

13 minutes ago, BaBaBooey said:

I’d do the original deal. Why would he be inclined to do the second deal? You get to keep Ekeler and still get Taylor, that’s a much worse deal for him. If that’s his idea then absolutely seal the deal

HIs thinking is probably that Woods is a big upgrade on Boyd.

56 minutes ago, BaBaBooey said:

I’d do the original deal. Why would he be inclined to do the second deal? You get to keep Ekeler and still get Taylor, that’s a much worse deal for him. If that’s his idea then absolutely seal the deal

This tbh. Do the deal. Brees is not looking great, Stafford should ball with Golladay back, and Taylor could be a monster.

Help with mine?