NBC Sports Edge Forums

Add Shenault, Drop Mattison?

10 Team non PPR:

I have Dalvin Cook, so Mattison is just a little insurance right now. I have Chubb, J.Taylor, J.Kelley and McKinnon as my other RB's just looking to add a little more WR depth or a lottery ticket to my bench. Should I do this?

I like Shenault as much as the next guy, but I sleep a lot better at night cuffing the likes of Cook, Kamara, Zeke, etc - I know it feels like you're burning a bench spot, but the downside is ur out ur RB1. I always think of it this way: if someone said they could guarantee ur RB spot regardless of injury at the cost of 1 bench spot, would you do it? I always go yes - esp since Mattison has proved he can be the guy if needed

Help mine?

1 minute ago, rayruuu said:

I like Shenault as much as the next guy, but I sleep a lot better at night cuffing the likes of Cook, Kamara, Zeke, etc - I know it feels like you're burning a bench spot, but the downside is ur out ur RB1. I always think of it this way: if someone said they could guarantee ur RB spot regardless of injury at the cost of 1 bench spot, would you do it? I always go yes - esp since Mattison has proved he can be the guy if needed

Help mine?

Would you drop M.Pittman Jr for him instead? My other WR's are Golladay, Diontae Johnson, Lamb and Slayton? I fell like Pittman's role is going to increase now that Campbell is out and am scared to drop him.