NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brees dropped, worth the add?

Someone just dropped Brees in my 12 team league. I have Matt Ryan and Tannehill, and I know Brees hasn't looked great recently without Thomas, but is he worth the add to see if he comes around once Thomas is back? My opponent is also starting Baker this week, so should I drop the Patriots defense (have Tampa starting this week) to at least try and make sure he doesn't get him?

1 minute ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Someone just dropped Brees in my 12 team league. I have Matt Ryan and Tannehill, and I know Brees hasn't looked great recently without Thomas, but is he worth the add to see if he comes around once Thomas is back? My opponent is also starting Baker this week, so should I drop the Patriots defense (have Tampa starting this week) to at least try and make sure he doesn't get him?

Absolutely. People are panicking over Brees but I think he'll be just fine with a nice schedule once he gets Thomas back. I don't see Tannehill sustaining this over the full season.

honestly i like both of your QB's. Ryan will throw the ball all game long all season long and Tannehill isnt the QB everyone thought he was and is performing greatly. with that said its your team and if you really want to do it then drop tanny for him, but i would hold.

Help with mine

https://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/825725-does-this-trade-workwhir/

I don't know, I strongly feel that Brees is shot. He avoids throwing deep and his mid-range accuracy has been terrible in these last two games. If you have a slot, might as well to see how he does this week, but I wouldn't drop any player with value for him.

No. You're fine with Matt Ryan and might as well keep Tannehill around to see if he can keep it up. He's been really good for a long time now. It sounds crazy to say but Brees is no longer a high ceiling option and his floor isn't as safe as it used to be. He's no better than a low end QB1 at his very best nowadays. You already have that with more upside in the QBs you are rostering. If you get rid of Tannehill I'd use the roster spot on something other than Drew Brees.

Edited by Benjamin1984
  • Like 1

If you want to, go for it. Personally I prefer Matt Ryan and Tannehill, but if you want to swap Tannehill for Brees, it wouldn't be the craziest move. Brees will be decent, but he's no longer the Drew Brees of old. He's a lot closer to Kirk Cousins than he is to Patrick Mahomes. He isn't an elite QB anymore.

Cant believe people are STILL sleeping on Tannehill. Hes the 3rd highest scoring fantasy QB (behind only Lamar and Mahomes) since week 8 of last season. I have Brees on my bench and would drop him in a heartbeat if I could get Tannehill. Do not drop him for Brees, that's nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the input! I think I'm going to keep my current QB combo. The only reason now I would pick up Brees is to block my opponent this week since he's starting Baker.  I could probably drop Pats D and pick them up again next week since they play KC in week 4, but at this point I probably shouldn't be overly concerned about it and keep the Pats defense stashed on my bench.