NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

This dude gets in a full game of garbage time hucking it up 45 times and everything now thinks hes a QB1 lol. He isnt getting garbage time vs Dallas. Miles Sanders getting the rock 30 times baby

6 point game at half time. Tied game heading into the 4th quarter. In what world is that “garbage time”? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

3 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

[...] This guy has the makings of a Kyler/Lamar type, which is proven to be undeniably valuable in fantasy. Unless you have Mahomes/Arod/Lamar/Kyler, I’d be firing up Hurts with confidence.

Except hes half as quick and slower

It was 20-0 in the first Q

I'll repeat it for him...in what world is that Garbage time...Garbage Time means a lost game, my man, either up by so much or down by so much DEEP INTO THE 4TH QUARTER that what happens does not matter to the outcome...lots of running, often by backups when up, and lots of passing when down in that situation...down big early they call that hurry up/catch up, not garbage time...and the other teams defense still has a job to do...the man showed he belongs, don't try and fit real life into a narrative where this wasn't impressive, adapt to the reality.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was 20-0 in the first Q

🤣🤣🤣 doesn't mean the game's over..... Brady was down 17-0 and 28-3 by half time in the Super Bowl and still made the game competitive........ garbage time is when youre up 31-3 with 10 minutes left in the 4Q and put in your benchwarmers so you don't injure your starters.........

Edited by mtx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

So he threw for 100 yards twice then 300 in a score fest and he is a stud?

Do you think you are doing people a service by telling them he is not good, or are you just mad you passed on a guy that is looking like a fantasy and real life stud atm?

Stock in Carson Wentz?

The guy won a national championship and then got benched...transferred, kept working, and was the Heisman runner up. Was STILL asked to change positions and got drafted in the second as a QB by a team that just made a huge commitment to a QB coming off a great season. Gets a chance and SHINES...who in the world is NOT rooting for this guy?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, fbi314159 said:

The first game was against an above average defense.

The second game was against little below average defense.

The third game is against Dallas a substantially below average defense.

Admittedly anyone compared to Wentz is pretty studly (at least they aren't giving the ball to the opponent every other possession).  He has thrown some decent deep balls.  He is mobile and is a threat to run which puts a nice floor on his points total.

Would definitely argue that Arizona is an above average defense though.

Yes his floor is quite high which is awesome for the fantasy finals...especially since Philly won't stop much so he will have to keep scoring...plus division rivals...love it!

I don't think if it would be a true Rotoworld Outlook topic if you don't have someone throwing a bunch of shade on a guy.

There was a guy in the JRob topic saying he should be gotten rid of and that Conner was so much better than him.  He stopped showing up after even the most blind could tell that the opinion was unfounded.

Is Hurts a stud?  Who knows?  It's obviously too early to tell for sure, but he has had a decent start so far.  No reason to doubt that he'll have a very good game against an opponent with an greatly inferior defense to the two he recently played.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, BrooklynGarbageMen said:

Do you think you are doing people a service by telling them he is not good, or are you just mad you passed on a guy that is looking like a fantasy and real life stud atm?

Stock in Carson Wentz?

The guy won a national championship and then got benched...transferred, kept working, and was the Heisman runner up. Was STILL asked to change positions and got drafted in the second as a QB by a team that just made a huge commitment to a QB coming off a great season. Gets a chance and SHINES...who in the world is NOT rooting for this guy?

That's the thing; I'm saying he is just Good. Nothing more. He's a good game manager

• Haha 2

Just to add, it was 16-0 early in the 2nd when PHI scored their first TD. So at no point was this a garbage time game.

Further, I don't anticipate either defense stopping either offense, and can easily see this being a high scoring affair (the current o/u lines in Vegas support this take).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A lot of unnecessary chit chat here. Playing him over Mahomes or Lamar or Rodgers or Allen (whoever the top QBs of the season are) might be a stretch, but its championship week and sacrifices must be made. You've seen what you had to see in the last 3 weeks. You know he's playing with something to prove, you know the team must win to make playoffs, you know Vegas totals are close to 50, and you know Dallas D ain't that great. All the checkmarks are green for another productive week. Anyone can be great over 3-4 games and this is all we are looking for...... just one more week of greatness.. Week 17 and 2021-2022 future prospects don't matter at this point.

1 hour ago, mtx said:

A lot of unnecessary chit chat here. Playing him over Mahomes or Lamar or Rodgers or Allen (whoever the top QBs of the season are) might be a stretch, but its championship week and sacrifices must be made. You've seen what you had to see in the last 3 weeks. You know he's playing with something to prove, you know the team must win to make playoffs, you know Vegas totals are close to 50, and you know Dallas D ain't that great. All the checkmarks are green for another productive week. Anyone can be great over 3-4 games and this is all we are looking for...... just one more week of greatness.. Week 17 and 2021-2022 future prospects don't matter at this point.

Starting over dwayne haskins with confidence

There are like 5-6 guys clearly above him; I think the two I'd have some conflict with are Brady and Herbert. Maybe Tannehill in a shoot-out in GB, but would probably lean Hurts there.

Edited by LongBalls

I started Hurts over Watson Week 15 because Watson just played IND Week 13 and sucked.  

Watson playing as well as he did last week gives me serious pause, because I have no worries about him vs CIN.

Nevertheless - I picked up Hurts 3 weeks ago because of the ARI/DAL finish (this is when Watson went into a slump). ARI matchup was iffy - DAL was going to be the cherry on top if I survived. 

So here we are - I'm not decided yet but leaning heavily in favor of Hurts because = fantasy.

I think both of them will be good plays this week but DAL has been a goldmine vs opposing QBs all year while CIN showed a pulse last night.

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Thanks 1
On 12/21/2020 at 9:26 PM, phegotgame14 said:

So he threw for 100 yards twice then 300 in a score fest and he is a stud?

17 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

This dude gets in a full game of garbage time hucking it up 45 times and everything now thinks hes a QB1 lol. He isnt getting garbage time vs Dallas. Miles Sanders getting the rock 30 times baby

14 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Except hes half as quick and slower

11 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

No. But that equals x50 passes for the game. Dallas sucks so hurtz will maybe get 25 passes

Translation: I have Miles Sanders and I’m playing against Jalen Hurts.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

These are the guys I would start over him in any order. 

Lamar

Mahomes

Rodgers 

Watson 

Herbert 

Allen 

Brady 

Murrary 

I could see starting him over Brady or Murrary but I just trust the others more. 

I own Mahomes, but with their game being meaningless I worry that they will cap his snaps.

I was able to add Hurts last night, so I have a great backup option once it's clear what KC intends to do. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

These are the guys I would start over him in any order. 

Lamar

Mahomes

Rodgers 

Watson 

Herbert 

Allen 

Brady 

Murrary 

I could see starting him over Brady or Murrary but I just trust the others more. 

I think it depends on your matchup. 

I'm an underdog by 20. I have Herbert, but will be benching for Hurts because I feel like his ceiling is much higher. Herbert may be able to get me 30 but hell, Hurts can crack 40 due to his legs. That said, I could shoot myself in the foot because his floor could be 10 where he completely implodes and Dallas exposes him somehow.

If I was a favorite by 20, I'd probably stick with Herbert. Doubt he goes below 17. Doubt he goes above 25. I'd take it. Narrow range of outcomes, but all good. Probably same with Brady.

In cases where an even game is projected, I think I'd only start Hurts over Brady of the QBs on your list. 

All this aside, Hurts is universally being ranked in the top 7 this week across numerous sites. Interestingly enough (for me), Fantasypros aggregation of "experts" draws the line at Hurts (7) and then Herbert (8).