NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

19 hours ago, JAG_challam said:

Just to add, it was 16-0 early in the 2nd when PHI scored their first TD. So at no point was this a garbage time game.

Further, I don't anticipate either defense stopping either offense, and can easily see this being a high scoring affair (the current o/u lines in Vegas support this take).

3rd or 4th highest O/U on the week depending on the site which you might not expect from this game given the teams involved.  Philly games have hit the over in both of Jalen's starts.  

I don't think I'm starting him over Mahomes, Rodgers or Murray but after that I could see Hurts.  

Edited by Fort4242

I mostly added him to block my opponent who has Russ but now I'm tempted to start him over Brady and Watson. All three have great matchups but Jalen has shown his ceiling is immense. I always put myself in these start/sit situations so I hope this doesn't blow up in my face. It's still just his third NFL start and now there is more tape on him but man Dallas' defense is putrid. Can't see how he doesn't go for 30+ 

37 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

3rd or 4th highest O/U on the week depending on the site which you might not expect from this game given the teams involved.  Philly games have hit the over in both of Jalen's starts.  

I don't think I'm starting him over Mahomes, Rodgers or Murray but after that I could see Hurts.  

Probably the only 3 QB's id start over Hurts, Josh Allen is a tough bench as well but gun to my head I guess Hurts

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

These are the guys I would start over him in any order. 

Lamar

Mahomes

Rodgers 

Watson 

Herbert 

Allen 

Brady 

Murrary 

I could see starting him over Brady or Murrary but I just trust the others more. 

The only guy on the list I would bench for Hurts would be Brady

24 minutes ago, SpeedyB said:

Josh Allen is my favorite player and led me to the finals. However in my other leagues every qb I played against the Pats got crushed including Josh in his other start against Bill B.

I have picked up Hurts and am leaning at benching Josh for the first time this season. It kills me to bench him in the biggest game. I just think the Pats will scheme against him heavy again.

Help me please guys. Go with my head with Hurts or my heart with Josh Allen?

I wouldn't bench Allen. He's hot right now.

As a long time Pats fan, I think BUF is going to come in here and try and bury them. I mean...bury them. They should. Bill B. has ran up the score on this team so many times in the past two decades.

Aside from that, Allen probably has a similar if not greater probability to run a couple TDs in himself.

Gilmore out for sure. And this offense can't move the ball.

All that said, it's your decision man.

Right now I'm benching Herbert for Hurts. Getting some cold feet as I think I need upside as an underdog but the prospects of me getting Kittle for the finals has me thinking maybe I play it "safer." We'll see.

I picked up Hurts and I’m thinking about starting him over Rodgers in the bowl. He put up twice as many points as Rodgers last week, and there are a number of things that worry me about the Packers’ game this week.

For one, I’m concerned that the Packers won’t be able to stop Henry from keeping Rodgers on the sideline, and it turns into a game like last week where maybe the Pack win, but Rodgers only manages 18 points.

And two, it’s going to be in the 20s at Lambeau Sunday night, and there’s currently a 40% chance of snow. Not optimal weather for passing. I know Rodgers is typically really good in the cold, but historically, his numbers can and do dip like anyone else’s when the temps start to dip into the low 20s and below.

I did find a tweet from the week before the Pack played the Bears in their last home game last season on Dec. 15. that pointed out that Rodgers is the highest rated QB in history in home games played in Dec./Jan. with a 110 rating. That’s nice, but he proceeded to complete 16/33 passes (less than half) for 203 yards and 1 TD and 23 rushing yards for a grand total of 14.4 fantasy points against the Bears. 

Meanwhile, Hurts is playing in a dome in cozy Dallas...

3 minutes ago, Paper said:

I picked up Hurts and I’m thinking about starting him over Rodgers in the bowl. He put up twice as many points as Rodgers last week, and there are a number of things that worry me about the Packers’ game this week.

For one, I’m concerned that the Packers won’t be able to stop Henry from keeping Rodgers on the sideline, and it turns into a game like last week where maybe the Pack win, but Rodgers only manages 18 points.

And two, it’s going to be in the 20s at Lambeau Sunday night, and there’s currently a 40% chance of snow. Not optimal weather for passing. I know Rodgers is typically really good in the cold, but historically, his numbers can and do dip like anyone else’s when the temps start to dip into the low 20s and below.

I did find a tweet from the week before the Pack played the Bears in their last home game last season on Dec. 15. that pointed out that Rodgers is the highest rated QB in history in home games played in Dec./Jan. with a 110 rating. That’s nice, but he proceeded to complete 16/33 passes (less than half) for 203 yards and 1 TD and 23 rushing yards for a grand total of 14.4 fantasy points against the Bears. 

Meanwhile, Hurts is playing in a dome in cozy Dallas...

Agreed with this, and I'm in the same predicament.  However, after last week, I feel like ARod is gonna have a fire lit under his butt, and he's gonna go off.  I also have Aaron Jones and I would hate to start him and bench Rodgers in a game where the Pack throw the whole time.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, matanp said:

Agreed with this, and I'm in the same predicament.  However, after last week, I feel like ARod is gonna have a fire lit under his butt, and he's gonna go off.  I also have Aaron Jones and I would hate to start him and bench Rodgers in a game where the Pack throw the whole time.

I also have Jones, so yes, it is a predicament. It’s a good one, though. I think it would be hard to go wrong with either one, but it is possible Hurts has a better floor and ceiling this week. Rodgers ha only hit 30 points twice this year and only just barely. That’s clearly his ceiling, while Hurts hit 37 in his second career start.

3 minutes ago, Paper said:

I also have Jones, so yes, it is a predicament. It’s a good one, though. I think it would be hard to go wrong with either one, but it is possible Hurts has a better floor and ceiling this week. Rodgers ha only hit 30 points twice this year and only just barely. That’s clearly his ceiling, while Hurts hit 37 in his second career start.

Agreed about the ceiling. I'm worried that for whatever reason, gamescript, Philly defense showing up, or whatever else, that it's a floor game for Hurts and that it's a low floor, like 15-18 points

2 minutes ago, matanp said:

Agreed about the ceiling. I'm worried that for whatever reason, gamescript, Philly defense showing up, or whatever else, that it's a floor game for Hurts and that it's a low floor, like 15-18 points

Yep, we’re on the same page across the board. I think worst case scenario, I’ve blocked my opponent from starting Hurts over Wilson. The decision probably comes down to whether you’re the favorite or the dog. 

The Cowboys D has allowed an average of under 200yds passing and 1 td per game over the last four.  I know the QBs they faced (Mullins/Beathard, Allen/Finley, Lamar, and Alex Smith) are not known as great passers, but that is still something to consider.  Teams seem to lean on the run game when facing Dallas lately.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, niner memories said:

The Cowboys D has allowed an average of under 200yds passing and 1 td per game over the last four.  I know the QBs they faced (Mullins/Beathard, Allen/Finley, Lamar, and Alex Smith) are not known as great passers, but that is still something to consider.  Teams seem to lean on the run game when facing Dallas lately.

Exactly what people are saying. Hurts is a running QB so it seems like a nice matchup on paper.

2 hours ago, niner memories said:

Yeah. So that means 100 yards passing and a TD. 140 yards rushing and 2 TDs. 36 points. And a SHIP. 

Going with Hurts over Josh Allen!
Even without Gilmore Pats will slow down Allen enough to affect his ceiling. If Diggs is limited at all it will be a huge impact. They can’t risk losing Diggs! Pats will give them a battle and although the Bills win I see Hurts and Eagles playing aggressive with nothing to lose. 
[...] GL to all😊

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

This is the Eagles superbowl.  Ultimate Jaylon Hurts showcase to prove Pederson made the correct call.

And, of course, they would like nothing better than to humiliate Dallas on national TV.

15 hours ago, niner memories said:

Sanders overall RB1 week. Hurts should still get his. 

My opponent is benching KYLER for him.  I thought that was too much.   I can get behind benching a cold Russell Wilson or a low end QB 1, but not one of these top 4 dudes, especially one coming off a 40 burger with a matchup that isn't scary in the least.