NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Is there a scenario where Hurts gets pulled for Wentz?  How bad would it have to get?

Given that the Eagles still have a (theoretical) chance of winning the division, I guess they'll want to win at all cost.

If they're down 2 scores in the 3rd quarter and the team is ok but clearly Hurts is losing it, then of course they might bring back the $128M man.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Is there a scenario where Hurts gets pulled for Wentz?  How bad would it have to get?

Yikes. This scenario hadn't even crossed my mind.

Starting over Herbert. Dallas is missing Vander Esch in the middle. I have to think that helps Hurts and his rushing potential.

53 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

The Cowboys are going to bottle Hurts up. 250 total yards 1TD 2 turnovers!

The Cowboys have 4 defensive starters OUT. What makes you think that?. Just curious?

Edited by jclee4

Growing pains for the young rook. There was of course the long pass to DJax and he added some nice value with his legs.  Just a little careless with the ball.

Now that the Iggles are eliminated, I see no reason why they wouldn't stick with him.

Question for the offseason for us to figure out is where he gets drafted next year...

5 hours ago, jclee4 said:

The Cowboys have 4 defensive starters OUT. What makes you think that?. Just curious?

It looked like he was going to have a huge game. My reasoning was that Dallas always plays Philly tough and it’s a division matchup. Philly’s QBs always tend to struggle a bit against the Cowboys.

16 minutes ago, oban14 said:

On the sanders td, shoukdnt it have been a forward pass? I thought if you handed it off forward it was considered a pass.

I think it physically has to leave your hands before it contacts him.  So like a very short toss or touch pass.  If he's still touching the ball when Sanders gets it, then it's a handoff.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

He still gave me 28 fantasy points. Just won both my leagues. 4 wins in two years. My other QB was Tannehill. I consider myself a "savvy vet". Thank you sir.

Tannehill doesn't qualify as a savvy vet, but thanks for playing.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, niner memories said:

His eighth year as a starter doesn't qualify him as a veteran in the NFL?  What makes someone a veteran in the league?

I suppose he doesn't consider Tanny "savvy". Jeez, tough crowd.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
5 hours ago, OilerPensfan97 said:

Not sure what format your league is, but neither of mine had Hurts scoring more than Mahomes.

4 hours ago, NyjersInParis said:

In default yahoo leagues, hurts scored more than mahomes. In my leagues where int are -2, mahomes scored more 

In 6 pt passing TD and -1 INT leagues, Mahomes scored just a little more - 24.22 to Jalen's 22.58.

In default leagues of 4 pt passing TDs, it's close.  20.58 for Jalen and 20.22 for Mahomes.

People are surely disappointed in Mahomes in ship week because they expect more.  But I'd say those that rolled with Jalen are even more disappointed because they likely were expecting another 30-40 burger.

5 hours ago, CooL said:

In 6 pt passing TD and -1 INT leagues, Mahomes scored just a little more - 24.22 to Jalen's 22.58.

In default leagues of 4 pt passing TDs, it's close.  20.58 for Jalen and 20.22 for Mahomes.

People are surely disappointed in Mahomes in ship week because they expect more.  But I'd say those that rolled with Jalen are even more disappointed because they likely were expecting another 30-40 burger.

Both of the leagues I'm in are 6pt TD and -2 INT, so that would be it then. I kind of forgot that the default for TDs was 4.

[...]  I still think Hurts was a top 5 fantasy play.  He should be a good QB for the 2021 season, given the enormous edge of rushing yards.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
43 minutes ago, mjb said:

[...]  I still think Hurts was a top 5 fantasy play.  He should be a good QB for the 2021 season, given the enormous edge of rushing yards.  

Hurts should definitely be a QB1 for 2021.  How high he'll finish will be up for debate, but as we've seen with other QBs, the rushing yards provide a great floor.

9 hours ago, CooL said:

No one should ever expect a 30-40 burger. That is just flat out ridiculous.