NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Something (that means nothing to anyone here... just a gut feeling) tells me that this guy is definitely worth a stash. Obv we're not starting him his first time out against NO, but week 15 & 16 he gets the Cards and Cowboys. The Cards game has scoring potential for sure. And I'm not sure there's a softer defense in the league than Dallas for championship week. Visions of Hurts posting big line solely on the ground with a couple rushing TDs against that swiss cheese defense could be a big play for teams with less than a sure fire bet at QB.

I'm starting him. Screw it lol 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

People are sleeping on this guy. The kid can scoot and in fantasy football you want that rushing upside from your QB position. I think he’s being extremely undervalued—not a guy you start this week but he might end up surprising a lot of people today, and if he shows any semblance of fantasy production today (15+ pts) he is going to be a top 12 option last two weeks of the season. I want him on every bench in every league I own. In 2QB leagues it’s a no brainer. He shouldn’t be unowned anywhere besides 8 team 1QB leagues in my opinion. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, AnchorDown said:

People are sleeping on this guy. The kid can scoot and in fantasy football you want that rushing upside from your QB position. I think he’s being extremely undervalued—not a guy you start this week but he might end up surprising a lot of people today, and if he shows any semblance of fantasy production today (15+ pts) he is going to be a top 12 option last two weeks of the season.

as i said earlier this week ... if the kid can just hold serve today vs the Saints, then it's GAME. ON.

i can't see any scenario where Pedey goes back to Wentz - this gig is gonna be Hurts for the duration, come hell or high. 

evaluation process will have a baked in skew considering the ferocity of today's opponent - in other words, they'll view this as a mulligan, so any magick foosball goodness we get today is pure gravy. 

week 15 will yield bounty, week 16 could lead to the 'chip, as Dallas just may have the sorriest crew of defenders in the leeg ----> 🏆

today may not yell the whole story, so if he falters, consider the landmine that is his opponent ... it shan't dissuade me from holding this kid and his wheels moving forward. 

btw, this may be the quickest professional tackle foosball game since leather the helmet eta, what wif Hurts and Hill scootin' around and chewing copious chunks of clock. 

o/u on total passes attempted between the two?  40.5?

🤔

• Like 1

It happens every single time we get our first peek at one of these rushing QBs—the fantasy community vastly underrates them because they confuse real life performance with fantasy performance. They come in criminally undervalued and then before you know it they are a QB1. This year it’s Taysom Hill. Years past it has been Kyler, Lamar, Cam, Tyrod, Vick when he came back, he’ll even Tebow had a fantasy run where he was starting on someone’s team in your league every week. For whatever reason people still haven’t caught on to the fact that if we’ve got a guy we haven’t seen play, and he can run the ball, you need him on your team or else you’ll play against him on someone else’s. Hurts is a strong fantasy asset for the fantasy playoffs and virtually no downside if he busts, which I think is incredibly unlikely from a fantasy perspective.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I'm looking at rolling him out over Matt Ryan today. Main reasons being are Julio is out for ATL and we play 4 points for passing TD.

I got ryan too. I'm going hurts by why because it's 4 point tds? I play in 6 points and 9 points rushing it in from a QB

Played really well. Love the dually upside. Makes the other offensive players better. Didn't take a sack. Lucky to own a couple shares in dynasty. 3 more games for an audition with the Saints being the toughest defense. Arrow pointing up! 

He was a low end RB1 and a low end QB2 today. 

Combine those two together and he scored in the Top 10 amongst QBs. Not bad for start #1 against a Top Defense. 

I was impressed but I was not shocked. I hate that he did it against my favorite squad but I'm a fan of his and I'm glad he shined today. 

• Like 1

I am back to admit my error. Hurts had a much better fantasy day than I thought he would, in large part because of the number carries. The Saints had been playing so well defensively, that I really didn’t believe he’d touch 100 yards rushing. Kudos to him in his first NFL start and to all those who believed in him. 

• Like 1

I don't follow college football.  Tua sent Hurts to the bench at Alabama.  It will be interesting to see who becomes the better NFL QB.  Such different games.  Who would you rather have on your fantasy roster in 2021?  It's closer than people think, in my opinion.