NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Love the positivity in here. Love hearing outside of my fellow 🦅 fans opinions. 

How bad has Arz really been against mobile QBs? I thought they were playing pretty good lately on defense

As I posted on the previous page:

Arizona has been bad against running QBs this year. I just heard on the radio that they’ve given up 32 or more rushing yards to 6 different QBs this season.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Love the positivity in here. Love hearing outside of my fellow 🦅 fans opinions. 

How bad has Arz really been against mobile QBs? I thought they were playing pretty good lately on defense

Arz is not real flexible with their scheme on defense, and they run more man than any team in the NFL. This could be a big smash spot!

21 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Arz is not real flexible with their scheme on defense, and they run more man than any team in the NFL. This could be a big smash spot!

Is there anything to worry about w the AZ D being accustomed to defending Kyler in practice all the time? Used to the style?

12 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Is there anything to worry about w the AZ D being accustomed to defending Kyler in practice all the time? Used to the style?

Kyler must run all over them in practice cuz they aren't great at defending rushing QBs from what the stats say

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Panthor said:

he is the home run swing without a doubt.  he can either sink your week or win it all for you.  i'm not seeing much in between

Don’t the legs at least get you a sturdy floor?

7 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Yes. He is already a high-end QB1 with a high floor and a ceiling similar to Lamar. The rushing attempts last week tell you everything you need to know about how the coaching staff is willing to let Hurts play to his strengths and carry the ball. He’s not going to rush for 100 yds every week but he’s likely to see a TD or two on the ground—and he’s a better passer than his yardage totals last week indicate. People tend to vastly ignore how valuable a rushing QB is in fantasy football. Look at Taysom Hill for a great example—better supporting cast than Hurts but he’s half the talent.

He’s a top 10 option this week and next and is one of the few guys at the position that can theoretically win you the week with a blowup performance given his rushing upside. Exactly the type of guy I want starting for me in two QB leagues and a guy I would strongly consider over others in that QB8-12 range. 

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Proteus said:

yes and no, yes his rushing stats give you a baseline that is higher than other QBs, so while other QBs start the week at 0 points you can safely assume 50 rushing yards for him, so he would have a 5 point head start.  at this point in the season, chances are you have a good option at QB without Hurts, and more than likely that QB's floor is equal to or greater  than Hurts already.  so what does the floor he gets from his rushing yards really get you?  if he doesn't follow up the rushing stats with at least average passing stats you get probably what will be your current starting QBs points anyways.  tack on 1 or 2 INTs and you'll be below what your current QB is probably going to give you.   what is really of interest is the ceiling if he manages to put up big passing stats with his rushing stats.  that is what will propel your QB spot for the week to lead the position.   and that's why i say he is home run swing. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, mtx said:

How do you guys like that....... straight $$$

I think Philly loses next week to Dallas (they miss playoffs already) but Hurts is gonna get his numbers....... Must play no?!? 

Everyone in the universe will say yes.

Which is why it’s still so terrifying.

17 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

For reference, I might start him over Russ next week smh. Dude looks promising, up to now, tbh.

I thought about doing it even before today’s game, and their respective performances sealed that deal with ZERO hesitation.

Edited by Vendetta
On 11/29/2020 at 9:19 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah, he gets way more hate then he should. He 100% needs to develop more, but he’s athletic with a nice arm and he’s super accurate. I think at this point it’s just gonna be the mental aspect and how far along he is. 

I guess he’s far enough along to go for 400 and 4. Good lord what a game. 

I rostered both him and Tua as backups in my keeper league. Tua earlier in the season of course, and then only recently added Hurts. I think Hurts will be the better fantasy QB next year. I’m looking for the next Kyler, and running QBs are the Konami cheat code. 
The only thing suppressing his value next draft will be that we haven’t seen a big body of work.