NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jalen Hurts 2020 Outlook

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hurts is brining home fantasy championships today. 4 total TDs in a 35 point masterpiece coming up 

Vance Joseph will spend 30 seconds preparing for Wentz - "sack him, fellas ... if not, we'll just pick him off" /fin

Posted Images

I remember way back with 3:00 remaining 1st quarter and he had 0 still. I was thinking - wow SuperJoint you are an idiot. A really big effing IDIOT.

Days like today are rare. Toast to all fellow Hurts Starters.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 5

Jalen Clutch Hurts. It's a shame the eagles Def couldn't come through a lil bit more then they did. That start down 16-0 was rough but my boys came roaring back. Jalen proved a lot tonight. Very proud he's on our squad

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

I think he enters the top-5 in rankings next week... maybe even top-3 along with Mahomes and Rodgers.

I have Rodgers and I'm honestly not sure who I'd rather start next week

How could anyone make the argument to give Wentz the starting job back? I see all this talk on Twitter and elsewhere that people are tamping their dynasty expectations as long as Wentz is on the roster. Where do you guys see him on ast a top dynasty QB? Top 15? Top 10? Is he ahead of Tua? 

Just now, TheForearmShiver said:

How could anyone make the argument to give Wentz the starting job back? I see all this talk on Twitter and elsewhere that people are tamping their dynasty expectations as long as Wentz is on the roster. Where do you guys see him on ast a top dynasty QB? Top 15? Top 10? Is he ahead of Tua? 

He is ahead of Tua to me because of the offense and the rushing ability. 

The Dolphins are playing strong defense and rushing the ball a lot. If you are talking about 2021 and going forward I'm sure the Dolphins add better WRs and RBs but Flores is gonna always want defense and pound the rock, it could take years for Tua to be allowed to throw all over the field or it could be in 2021, it's hard to tell and would also have to factor in whether they keep Chan Gailey as OC or not. As it relates to Hurts he has the better fantasy ceiling right now because he has the rushing ability which racks up fantasy points, his OLine is so bad he gets forced into rushing the ball a lot. So while he lowers the fantasy ceiling of almost all his other skill position players he himself will rack up the points just the way Kyler did early this season, going forward after this year I think I'd rather have Tua because defenses can figure Hurts out given all off-season to study but an accurate passer like Tua with better receivers is gonna be more valuable long term.

That being said, Jalen Hurts vs Dallas is the kind of matchup that Fantasy Football Championships are made of. His performances in weeks 14 and 15 in addition to his week 16 matchup is the true definition of the oft used but seldom true moniker of "Leeg Winner"

• Like 3
1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Wentz is done, he's requesting a trade 😁😁😁🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I can’t see anyone taking the Wentz contract. I think the Eagles and Wentz are stuck together until his first out 

He'll be moved and he could also restructure it to help facilitate the trade

11 minutes ago, bakes781 said:

I would think Indy makes sense with his former HC. 

Sure would. Someone is going to fool themselves into believing they can fix Wentz (despite the struggles and contract)...he is young enough to rationalize the move.

Eagles might need to send some draft pick compensation along with him to make it work, but QBs are always in demand and plenty of sucker GMs out there yet. Shoot, the Jags got out of the Foles deal in 1 year...and the bears sent low level compensation and then gave Foles an extension plus more cash!

Fantasy wise he looks like a stud.  Real life wise he has been very impressive.  Still I think there are some long term questions that Hurts needs to answer before crowning him Russell Wilson 2.0.  Here's a Philly writer I like a lot talking about some potential concerns.

He has shown WAY more than enough to warrant giving him the reigns for next season.  But still this is something to monitor to see if he progresses.  The guy is just plain fun to watch so I'm really pushing for him.  Very excited to see what he can do with a full off-season as the presumptive starter.

22 minutes ago, niner memories said:

"Smash spot" gets my vote.  I hate that term.  Is that new this year?

"<Flavor of the week> SZN" gets my vote.

Back to Hurts, I think it's exciting for this kid and he could be the next Lamar or Kyler.  The team around him needs a lot more, specifically the line.  Hopefully the coaches continue to allow him to develop.  And they admit they made a mistake overpaying the North Dakotan and bite the financial bullet and get rid of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, matanp said:

I have Rodgers and I'm honestly not sure who I'd rather start next week

Yep he's going to cause some sleepless nights especially for owners who have QBs good enough to get them to the Ship in the first place.

I picked up Hurts a couple of weeks ago before he started playing.  I will have no sleepless nights this week starting him over Goff, Tua, and Tayson Hill.  I also have Burrows on IR who was my starter till he got hurt in my 18 man roster keeper league.  I've been looking for a QB all year, it looks like I've finally found one.  Looks like he'll be one of my 6 keepers next year.  The only reason I won this week is because Russell Wilson played as poorly as Goff.

Edited by Dr. Dumas
Removed Cool Story