NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chubb/Dobbins for Taylor (WHIR)

0.5PPr, team 1 in sig, 3 player keeper:

was just offered this deal

Give: Nick Chubb and JK Dobbins

For: Jonathan Taylor and Boston Scott (who id likely drop)

I love Taylor but it feels like too much to give up two strong keeper candidates in Chubb and Dobbins, what do you think?

Who are your other keepers?

Personally, I'd jump all over that. That colts team is prob gonna turn into the JTaylor show, for this year and the next handful of years. They're a good team with good D and excellent O line(maybe the best Oline?) and smart vet QB. Barring injury, or something else wacky, everything lines up for taylor to be top5 rb for next 5 years.

Chubb is in committee and honestly might be 2nd best back on his team, which is unfortunate cuz chubb is good but so is hunt. Its ez to be a lil high chubb cuz he had nice yr last yr and superb game last week, but now is prob best time to trade him. Hunt is a big factor there.

I like dobbins a lot a lot and the offense is amazing but they basically have 4rbs. Jackson steals the run game too much and Edward's had 10 Carrie's last week. 

Idk, jus sayin

Help?...

Edited by gregp

I understand what the above posters mentioned, great points made. I personally would pass, I feel like it's too much to give up and I haven't seen enough of Taylor to make me take this deal even in keeper. Assuming Chubb and Dobbins don't cost you a fortune I'd stay put. 

• Like 1

Oof that's tough cause I really like Taylor's situation but I'd pass. Yeah Chubb is in a particular committee but I still think he's top dog and he's super talented. Also wouldn't be surprised if Dobbins started to carve out a bigger roll. Could really see it going either way but that's my thoughts. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, tonywow said:

I understand what the above posters mentioned, great points made. I personally would pass, I feel like it's too much to give up and I haven't seen enough of Taylor to make me take this deal even in keeper. Assuming Chubb and Dobbins don't cost you a fortune I'd stay put. 

13 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Oof that's tough cause I really like Taylor's situation but I'd pass. Yeah Chubb is in a particular committee but I still think he's top dog and he's super talented. Also wouldn't be surprised if Dobbins started to carve out a bigger roll. Could really see it going either way but that's my thoughts. 

It's funny how opinions are constantly changing from week to week in the nfl. I guess the big factor here is kind of the unknown with taylor? Idk.

But watch taylor get upwards of..idk...200 total yds? this wk vs jets, then on monday hes the coolest kid on the block. And i really really hope that does not happen cuz I play against taylor in 2 leagues 😕

Edited by gregp
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, gregp said:

It's funny how opinions are constantly changing from week to week in the nfl. I guess the big factor here is kind of the unknown with taylor? Idk.

But watch taylor get upwards of..idk...200yds? this wk vs jets, then on monday hes the coolest kid on the block. And i really really hope that does not happen cuz I play against taylor in 2 leagues 😕

What about a counter of: 

Give: Chubb, Dobbins, and Corey Davis

Get: Taylor, Scott, Keenan Allen

Does this make it a slam dunk or is it still too much losing Dobbins?

18 minutes ago, BaBaBooey said:

What about a counter of: 

Give: Chubb, Dobbins, and Corey Davis

Get: Taylor, Scott, Keenan Allen

Does this make it a slam dunk or is it still too much losing Dobbins?

I mean, I think so. Not sure if everyone else here would agree. Maybe I'm crazy and too high on him, but with saquan done and cmc outlook not great I'm pretty firmly putting taylor in top5 rest of the way. Getting WR upgrade obv makes look juicier to me.

Dobbins is the big factor here it seems. I have plenty of shares of him. I really think he can and will be great. But when? Wk5? Wk10? Next year? 2 years from now? Who knows. Are you even guaranteed to keep him? Whose your other keepers?

For me:

Taylor >> chubb

Allen > dobbins/davis

Edited by gregp