NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 4

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 4

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 4 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Waiver wire sucks this week.   I only see Jefferson as a guy who might become a starter ROS.  The rest of these guys are players that we know are bench fodder who happened to go off this weekend.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WRs: Ward I think you were a lil hard on the Beav 🦫🦫🦫Dudes ballin and is the WR1 now for a Philly team that seems to have to air it out a lot these days...G Ward all day.. Tee off ⛳🏌️‍♂

Deep(er) Dives Identifying under the radar talent   DeMarcus Robinson: Talk has consistently been about Hardman filling in should the injury prone Sammy Watkins sit or succumb to injury

I think I'd rather Jefferson

32 minutes ago, kdpat15 said:

Jimmy Graham anyone? Foles targeted him a lot once he came in. Im likely going to scoop him up

Might scoop him up [...] Also eyeing Robert Tonyan (TE for the Packers) but might give it a few weeks after Davante Adams comes back

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
1 hour ago, kdpat15 said:

Jimmy Graham anyone? Foles targeted him a lot once he came in. Im likely going to scoop him up

[...] Thinking of [picking up] Graham now that Foles is running the show

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1

Renfrow is a good call.  He was fantastic the second half of last season (he was soft and looked lost early in the season).  Here are his last seven games last year: 35 catches, 490 yards, 4 TD.  That would annualize (16 games) to a delicious 80/1120/9 TD line, good for WR12 (a low-end WR1).  His first two games this season were puzzling duds and then he reasserted his status this week with a garbage-fueled 6-84-1 line on nine targets.  I know the Raiders brought in shiny new toys in Ruggs, Edwards, etc. but rookie WRs tend to be hit and miss and Renfrow - as the slot man - is uniquely positioned to be a target machine along with Waller.

The Carson situation is the big question but if he misses substantial time don't sleep on Travis Homer. Carlos Hyde will get the "run situation" work but the second year man out of Miami fits the passing down role well and honestly is a much more explosive player than Hyde at this point in his career.  Homer got to be a starter one game last year - a week 17 game - and went 10-for-62 on the ground and caught five more balls for 30 yards.  (Week 17 can tend to be pretty lousy as a predictor at times but in Week 16 he caught six passes.)  This is a good pass-catching back who is fast, impressed the Combine last season, and honestly is a better fit for Seattle's high-octane, "let's win this one 40-39!" offense than Hyde.  "Beat the waiver wire" and grab him for free on Wednesday morning; he could cost quite a bit going into Week 5 if he gets a substantial role this week.

If you are relying on Aaron Rodgers as your QB, this week may be the time to secure your Week 5 streamer as Green Bay has a Week 5 bye.  Danny Dimes (at Dallas) and Teddy Bridgewater (at Atlanta) look like they might be in high-scoring affairs and throwing a lot that week.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I have a little interest in Brian Hill. He's not an immediate thing but he's I think on verge of nailing down the secondary rb role on Falcons. Certainly not league winner or anything but in deeper leagues he probably should be on a roster. 

I like him. I think he's a high end stash. I'm not going to throw out league winner but he could be a difference maker if Gurley were to go down. That goes for lots of other stashes too though.

12 hours ago, F@ndemonium said:

Deep(er) Dives

Identifying under the radar talent

DeMarcus Robinson: Talk has consistently been about Hardman filling in should the injury prone Sammy Watkins sit or succumb to injury, however Robinson is more the prototypical outside talent, and stepped up nicely with Sammy/Hill out last year (see week 2 vs Oak).  Getting overlooked among fantasy circles, and only a single injury away from solid value.

Josiah Deguara: Played 31% of the tight end snaps for the Packers in week 1, prior to being injured and missing weeks 2 and 3.  Tonyan (who is filling in for JD) and Sternberger saw a combined 8 targets against the Saints last night (albeit sans Adams).  Should Deguara reclaim his chair upon return, certainly could be a sneaky source production as the season progresses.   

Nick Foles:  Perhaps I should pump the brakes on future expectations as Foles production did of course come against the lowly Falcons pass defense, however there is reason for optimism for ol' Saint Nick.  The Bears loss of Cohen to an extended absence, coupled with Montgomery's own difficulties staying healthy, could translate to frequent pass-happy game scripts for "Da Bears".  Allen Robinson, Jimmy Graham, Anthony Miller and Darnell Mooney are viable pass catchers and Nagy's creative playbook could lend towards Foles' strengths, not to mention a fairly soft schedule.  Worthy of a wait-and-see in 2 QB and deeper leagues!   (sadly I'm a Trubisky owner so this one stings) 

Greg Ward Jr.  Quietly has been the Eagles best wideout this season, which piggybacked on a strong latter part of 2019.  Alshon Jefferey and DeSean Jackson have rubber band hamstrings, and Ward has certainly earned Wentz's trust (for as long as he stays under center) in their absence.  Also a contributor on PR for leagues that reward return yards. With Reagor, Jeffery and now Goedert all missing time and a mediocre Eagles defense creating deficits, Ward should see a fair amount of targets moving forward! 

JJ Taylor/Damien Harris:  Taylor made some noise finally this past week.  Likened to Dion Lewis, Taylor packs punch in a small frame , in addition to having some receiving chops, having excelled in Arizona.  Made some noise in camp, and this past week carried that success to the regular season with 43 yards on the ground on a team high 11 carries.  Harris is my preferred play amongst the two upon return, but Taylor is one to keep an eye on.

Gabriel Davis:  John Brown injury opens up opportunity.  Davis has been a magnet having reeled in each of his seven targets spanning the first three weeks.  The Bills don't play a top 10 ranked pass defense for each of the next three weeks, thus Davis could be an under-the-radar source of fantasy goodness.  Tyler Kroft could also be put here as long as Dawson Knox misses time.   

Ross Dwelley:  Assuming Kittle continues to sit, Dwelley is next man up with Reed (shockingly to us all)  injured.  Have an Eagles team on tap that has conceded 4 touchdowns in 3 weeks to the tight end position and the Niners utilize the tight end in the passing game...kind of alot! 

Jaguars PK: Lambo is on IR and fill-in Brandon Wright injured himself on Thursday night.  Rosas and Hauschaka were brought in for workouts last week.  The Jags PK has often been a solid source of production, and have the Bengals on tap.  Whoever gets the nod this week could be a nice streamer play! 

Broncos DST/Jets DST:  Any unit facing these hapless offenses should be on the radar.  Just so happens they play each other. Anyone excited for a short week showdown of Rypien vs Darnold.....eesh...I'm taking the under!  

Others of interest:  Isaiah Wright (if he truly usurped Sims for the WR2 in WSH); Dontrelle Inman, Kalif Raymond,  Lawrence Cager, Brett Rypien 

Bravo excellent work. Something of real value for WW.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, shaolincage said:

Might scoop him up [...] Also eyeing Robert Tonyan (TE for the Packers) but might give it a few weeks after Davante Adams comes back

Tonyan goes against the Falcon's this week who are the #2 worst team against the TE. 

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic