NBC Sports Edge Forums

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 4

Message added by tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2020 Week 4

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 4 of the 2020 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WRs: Ward I think you were a lil hard on the Beav 🦫🦫🦫Dudes ballin and is the WR1 now for a Philly team that seems to have to air it out a lot these days...G Ward all day.. Tee off ⛳🏌️‍♂

Deep(er) Dives Identifying under the radar talent   DeMarcus Robinson: Talk has consistently been about Hardman filling in should the injury prone Sammy Watkins sit or succumb to injury

I think I'd rather Jefferson

9 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Depending on John Browns status I may look to add Gabriel Davis.

Renfrow is another target I’m looking at.

Should be able to get both of these guys relatively cheap.

I keep going back and forth on who is the better add in Davis and Beasley.

Davis is a beast, but will he get more targets than Beasley?

Edited by Heizz
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Heizz said:

Davis is a beast, but whoo he get more targets than Beasley?

Beasley plays out of the slot and his snaps and routes didn’t change once Brown was out of the game. Davis’ snaps jumped up to 74%, so he essentially slotted into Brown’s role. He’s a solid prospect, just depends on what Brown’s status is. I believe it’s a calf issue which can be tricky if it’s not handled properly. Easy to re-aggravate.

Beasley is likely the safer option, especially in PPR, bc of his slot duties but Davis could have more upside running the routes that Brown typically handles.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, rizon said:

Without a clear #1 add (maybe Jefferson), it might be one of those weeks to look at a homerun stash like Edmonds (if he’s out there) or McFarland. Or even the detestable Jamal Williams. 

Really like the Edmonds call. Drake’s outburst last year is now poking more like the exception and not the rule.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dschddny said:

What do you think of Alshon Jeffery?  Looks like he's close to returning - either this week or next.

How do you compare him some of the other waiver wire WR's like Jefferson, Tee Higgins, and Greg Ward?

I have him stashed currently. Not expecting much, WR3 value at best, but Eagles absolutely need a spark in the offense. I think Higgins will be TD dependent so I would rank Alshon over him. Ward was the only healthy weapon out there at the time since DJax was limping around and Goedert was out so I wouldn't expect much.

TLDR: Jefferson is the only one I'd rather have than Alshon. But if Alshon is out again and you can stash him on IR, do it.

• Like 1

Mo Alie Cox (not sure how I feel about Burton coming back but Cox is by far their best option at TE)

Scotty Miller (I know everyone is salty about his performance against Carolina but he has had 2 good games versus 1 bad)

35 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Tee Higgins. 

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or another?

I see him as a good long-term play - should get more and more involved as the season goes on, and if AJ Green got hurt he'd bump up further.  Wouldn't expect what he did last week for now at least, he's the 4th target behind Green, Boyd, and Mixon/Gio...

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Heizz said:

Davis is a beast, but will he get more targets than Beasley?

PPR Beasley, Standard Davis

Edited by mar1kle
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, The G Man said:

Tee Higgins. 

Anyone have any strong opinions one way or another?

I think his arrow is pointing way up with Burrow playing so well - John Ross was a healthy scratch last week, and AJ Green may be on his last legs.

Has there been any buzz locally about Edmonds getting more work? Drake fell really flat in what was supposed to be a smash play last week, and I've heard people say that he just hasn't looked the same this year.

Edited by Vendetta
  • Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, RunCMC said:

+ 1

Ayuik is a rental , until Kittle & Deebo return.

Go Jefferson, thats the correct move

Not sure about that one... he’s a first round pick. Sanders was good with both of those guys in the lineup. 

Now if I had the choice, I’d take Jefferson, bad defense that will have them throwing a lot. 

But Aiyuk is much more than a rental. 

• Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Not sure about that one... he’s a first round pick. Sanders was good with both of those guys in the lineup. 

Now if I had the choice, I’d take Jefferson, bad defense that will have them throwing a lot. 

But Aiyuk is much more than a rental. 

Long term Aiyuk is an exciting prospect, in 2020 he's not an exciting fantasy option. Him and Deebo are quite similar, Kittle will be back, Sanu eased in etc...just not enough looks to go around in what already is a run-first offense. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Tenner said:

For those that pick fairly high on waivers that reset each week. I’m picking 3rd and I’m really thinking about holding out and see how is being dropped instead. 

Lazard, Jeff Wilson, Jefferson are only guys worth a priority waiver claim. None of those guys available in my league though so I'm holding back. Hopefully people pick up fool's gold and I can climb on the waiver order cause this week's options are 💩

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jetdog16 said:

Lazard, Jeff Wilson, Jefferson are only guys worth a priority waiver claim. None of those guys available in my league though so I'm holding back. Hopefully people pick up fool's gold and I can climb on the waiver order cause this week's options are 💩

No Burkhead or carlos Hyde? 

Just now, Jay85 said:

No Burkhead or carlos Hyde? 

Nope. James White is coming back at some point and that is 100 percent lowering Rex's touches. White could miss a few more weeks but not enticing enough to burn a waiver spot. Carson has a chance to play this week but Hyde could be a good one week play. Both of these guys are solid adds if you have somebody you're itching to drop -- but wait until waivers process so you can grab someone better on priority next week. 

• Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Tenner said:

For those that pick fairly high on waivers that reset each week. I’m picking 3rd and I’m really thinking about holding out and see how is being dropped instead. 

I’d save #3 unless you have an obvious need, you’ll likely be 1 or 2 next week with possibly someone obvious.

• tonycpsu locked and unpinned this topic