NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Celebration Thread: Asterisk is Mine!

Use this thread for chest-thumping and victory-lapping over being better than the rest of your league-mates for almost ten whole weeks of baseball!

I'll be taking home the 'ship in my oldest dynasty league for the third time in five years.  Was leading comfortably in both of my redrafts as well until the last couple of weeks, and absent an overnight stat correction miracle, I'll be "first loser" in both of those.

Who else is proudly claiming the tainted title this season?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Use this thread for chest-thumping and victory-lapping over being better than the rest of your league-mates for almost ten whole weeks of baseball!

I'll be taking home the 'ship in my oldest dynasty league for the third time in five years.  Was leading comfortably in both of my redrafts as well until the last couple of weeks, and absent an overnight stat correction miracle, I'll be "first loser" in both of those.

Who else is proudly claiming the tainted title this season?

I don't believe the title is tainted, I won my title going 20-0

• Like 2

Also 3rd win in 5 season for me in my keeper. While the championship counts, there is definitely an * in my point total. I finished with 87 total points, with second and 3rd finishing at 59.5 and 58, respectively. That is the highest point total to end a season ever but just like if someone had hit .400 in a 60 game “season,” it can’t be viewed as the same.

So not the grind we’re used to, but a lot of fun maneuvering the bizarre road. Looking forward to what is hopefully back to “normal” next year. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Eh, I'm a roto purist, so H2H titles rank below roto titles even if they're undefeated.  :)

Another Roto man here. I’ll gladly accept the win.  SOMETHING had to go right this F’d up year.....

• Like 2

won 3 out of 3 roto leagues, 12 team, 15 team, 15 team

Won 2 H2h leagues, got 5th place in another

won 1 NL only league, got 3rd place in AL only

not bad

• Like 1

2nd straight title for me in my Dynasty League. Won it by 17 points. Was cruising all year long and built up a massive lead of 25 or so points for most of the year, but 2nd place team had monstrous September to close the gap to 3 points early last week. WAs able to weather the storm and finished strong

• Like 1

Won my long time keeper league for the 5th time in the last 6 seasons.  It was quite a battle for the final few weeks, with me only pulling away in the final week to win by 13 points.

It was obviously a sometimes frustrating and bizarre season, but everything still worked out in the end of course.  I just wish we could have gotten to see full seasons from players like Bieber, Soto, and even Ke'Bryan Hayes.

Due to the shortness and uncertainty of the season our normal H2H categories dynasty league changed to roto for this year. In typical 2020 fashion we ended up with a 2 way tie for first between myself and @hgh22. I guess it's my 4th title in a row if you count a split title. Feels very empty and unsatisfying.

Will never do roto again as the split title was all decided because of Sergio Romo giving up 3-4 hits in the final inning of the season to move HGH just ahead of the 3rd place team in WHIP. Such a lame way to end a season, and yes I am salty about it. Still can't believe there is no tie breaker for roto?

If it's that important that a single champion be declared, there's nothing stopping you and your leaguemates from using a tiebreaker even if the major platforms don't support it.  A good one is whoever leads the other in the most categories.  But if it's a one-off thing and you just don't dig roto, that's fine, too.

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

If it's that important that a single champion be declared, there's nothing stopping you and your leaguemates from using a tiebreaker even if the major platforms don't support it.  A good one is whoever leads the other in the most categories.  But if it's a one-off thing and you just don't dig roto, that's fine, too.

In that case I'll take the title solo with a 6-4 advantage over @hgh22. Thanks for settling things @tonycpsu!

Edited by bradwatson