NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Celebration Thread: Asterisk is Mine!

10 teams, 4 took 1st, 2 finished 2nd, 2 finished 3rd, and 2 were disasters. It’s a bit disappointing when I had 9 teams in first a month ago, but oh well, still a solid ROI. My goal to start the season was to up my # of leagues to 15 but the pandemic had other thoughts. I’ll try again next year. Maybe someday I can quit my full time job and try to make a living off of this purely “luck-based” game.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, meh2 said:

10 teams, 4 took 1st, 2 finished 2nd, 2 finished 3rd, and 2 were disasters. It’s a bit disappointing when I had 9 teams in first a month ago, but oh well, still a solid ROI. My goal to start the season was to up my # of leagues to 15 but the pandemic had other thoughts. I’ll try again next year. Maybe someday I can quit my full time job and try to make a living off of this purely “luck-based” game.

Good luck...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Can I help you find something, sir? 

Celebration thread, right? I’m celebrating finishing in a money spot in both of my leagues, especially when one is my first money finish in that league. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, axiom20XX said:

finished 9th and 7th the last two years, respectively, in our 10 team NL only dynasty, but with an accelerated rebuild (and the league allowing me to get Mookie/Seager/Blackmon in the auction), went from the basement to Champ! 

Congrats...

Lady luck was shining on you for sure...

Only played four leagues this year cause of  ‘rona.  Two chips (10T roto; 12T H2H 5x5 pennant aka “no playoffs”), one 2nd (10T H2H 5x5) and one first round bounce as the barely-made-it 6th seed (12T H2H 5x5). 

Winnings: $890 

I was lucky to have won the pennant format league because my team faultered the last few weeks after dominating the first half of the season.  Initially the league was going with a PO format but we voted to scrap the playoffs, let everyone play out the 9 weeks and determine winners based on final W/L records due to the shortened season.  If there was a PO I would have been eliminated easily.  

44 minutes ago, 80version said:

Only played four leagues this year cause of  ‘rona.  Two chips (10T roto; 12T H2H 5x5 pennant aka “no playoffs”), one 2nd (10T H2H 5x5) and one first round bounce as the barely-made-it 6th seed (12T H2H 5x5). 

Winnings: $890 

I was lucky to have won the pennant format league because my team faultered the last few weeks after dominating the first half of the season.  Initially the league was going with a PO format but we voted to scrap the playoffs, let everyone play out the 9 weeks and determine winners based on final W/L records due to the shortened season.  If there was a PO I would have been eliminated easily.  

Congrats!

How much are you going to give to Uncle Sam?