NBC Sports Edge Forums

Monday Night Football Betting Thread 9/28

Anyone have any bright ideas for tonights game? I'm thinking the Ravens will cover the spread. I've been pounding the "Anytime touchdown scorer" option on Fanduel. They have the "Same game parlay" option that gives you your money back if you hit 2 out of 3. I typically choose 1 "First touchdown scorer" mixed with 2 "Anytime touchdown scorers". The payoffs can be astronomical. With the o/u set at 54.5 there should be plenty of TD's to go around. Good luck tonight.

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

I took KC on the ML, I realize Baltimore is a great squad, but homefield is not as big an advantage as it usually is, and well anytime I can get this team +155 I just can't pass up. 

I like Lamar over 249 yards but also like the over on .5 INT's. He is going to be throwing it a lot tonight I think. 

Goodluck to everyone. 

I think Baltimore is going to score 54 points all by themselves. 

All jokes aside. The Over have got to be the play here right? Thru 3 weeks, average scores have been 50 points/game. With these 2 teams? I think it will be that KC/LAR classically repeat. 

very rare to get a SB Champ on a plus moneyline this early in the season ...

we all know about the Super Bowl "hangover", and KC did look mortal last week.

the Chargers seem to always defend them well, and you know the Chiefs were kinda lookin' ahead to this showdown. 

2nd straight road game, vs a team firing on all cylinders - lots not to like here for KC. 

but it's called gambling for a reason ... i will take the +150 on KoolAid & Homie anytime vs any opponent. 

gl ✌

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, ginocan said:

I think Baltimore is going to score 54 points all by themselves. 

All jokes aside. The Over have got to be the play here right? Thru 3 weeks, average scores have been 50 points/game. With these 2 teams? I think it will be that KC/LAR classically repeat. 

Mmm... Ravens defense is damn good. Chiefs defense isn’t really bad either anymore.

The over is the play of course but I wouldn’t be that shocked if it’s under.

23 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

very rare to get a SB Champ on a plus moneyline this early in the season ...

we all know about the Super Bowl "hangover", and KC did look mortal last week.

the Chargers seem to always defend them well, and you know the Chiefs were kinda lookin' ahead to this showdown. 

2nd straight road game, vs a team firing on all cylinders - lots not to like here for KC. 

but it's called gambling for a reason ... i will take the +150 on KoolAid & Homie anytime vs any opponent. 

gl ✌

You seem to always know the betting numbers. Curious how your winnings look? Seems you get into a lot of action. 

• Like 1

KC ML

KC +3.5

Over 54.5

Mahomes over 1.5 TD passes -220 (LOL, feels like easy $$$ though)

Lamar over 62.5 rush yards -110

Lamar anytime score +100

First bets placed all year. Didn't feel comfortable first couple weeks.

Edited by sleepysock
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

KC ML

KC +3.5

Over 54.5

Lamar anytime score +100

Good luck. I like them. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sleepysock said:

KC ML

KC +3.5

Over 54.5

Lamar anytime score +100

Ended up hitting 5/7 (forgot to mention also had the over on KC 25.5)

Shoulda been 6 but KC's kicker decided to f--- on me tonight. Any night in the green is good, though.

7 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

You seem to always know the betting numbers. Curious how your winnings look? Seems you get into a lot of action. 

👍

having a pretty good early season ... ahead by a substantial amount thus far, but i've been at this long enough to know the slide is coming ... it's inevitable - key is not to tilt - i circle a couple games a week and attack, money management is always the key. 

last night was a gift - the straight up win on the Chiefs was a bet i couldn't wait to make - i went hard enough to be good for quite some time (the CEH rec props also were banged hard and delivered as such).  as i said upthread, getting a 100% healthy KC team on the plus side of a moneyline is an opportunity you gotta hammer ... kinda like getting 5/2 on Cali Chrome or American Pharaoh in the Derby - you'll never see such positive numbers again.

• Like 1

btw ...

Butker is the new BFF of Vega$ -

the 1st qtr o/u was 9.5

the game o/u was 54

... the most expensive missed XP in years, by perhaps the most productive/consistent booter in the game. 

folks always rumble about shennanigans being afoot in these instances, and, man ... that shank was yuuuge gas on that fire.  

too damn perfect.  

Edited by pastorofmuppets2