NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gus Edwards 2020 Outlook

no thread yet for this cat?

18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per. 

frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

in the event of an Ingram (or Dobbo) injury i could see him taking at upwards to 40% of the work ... he'll never fully put the kid in the rearview, of course - it's not the Ravens way ... Lamar will always be the rb1 there, regardless. 

anyways, chucking him into the 2020 player thread pool - it's about time. 

whatcha got?

Jr5Ni43khhG7GcNTx4fLX5GbxK0u3xC4kgbY3Al0

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no thread yet for this cat? 18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per.  frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

Big fan of hype buses, trains and various automobiles...with faces...bravo!

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no thread yet for this cat?

18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per. 

frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

in the event of an Ingram injury i could see him taking at upwards to 40% of the work ... he'll never fully put the kid in the rearview, of course - it's not the Ravens way ... Lamar will always be the rb1 there, regardless. 

anyways, chucking him into the 2020 player thread pool - it's about time. 

whatcha got?

Jr5Ni43khhG7GcNTx4fLX5GbxK0u3xC4kgbY3Al0

Buried in an ugly committee.

If he got traded to Miami or Atlanta? Yes please.

As you said, harbags loves him but that leaves him in fantasy wasteland.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Buried in an ugly committee.

If he got traded to Miami or Atlanta? Yes please.

As you said, harbags loves him but that leaves him in fantasy wasteland.

of course ... but a cat who's a banana peel away from nice usage on the leeg's premier running offense needs a thread ...

can't see a trade, tho - and keep him the eff outta those two cities you mentioned - [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

of course ... but a cat who's a banana peel away from nice usage on the leeg's premier running offense needs a thread ...

can't see a trade, tho - and keep him the eff outta those two cities you mentioned - [...]

[...]

In deeper leagues I think the gus bus is a great stash but I think it would take a couple injuries for him to put up consistent weekly numbers. 

Edited by tonycpsu

[...]

thing with Bus is that we saw him carry a nice load already - they keep him around, he's buried Hill, and seems to be a guy HarBags will have no hesitation to lean on if need be. 

considering the way this offense is constructed, you wanna be hep to any developments ... they roll out the hotel on gameday morning running.

a stash for the adventurous, no question - but we got alotta magick foosball left - 2/3 of the reg season still to go (13 game reg season for us).

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed reference to deleted comment. You guys can talk about your fantasy teams over PM if you'd like.
  • Like 2

I picked him up before last nights game after seeing he lead the team in carries Week 2. Just in case Ingram or Dobbins went down or he went off.

With our limited bench spots I'll most likely be dropping him tomorrow. Guy has the talent he's just not in the right situation...yet.

For fantasy it's an ugly RBBC, 3 headed monster situation in that backfield, but watching last nights game he feels like the back to own out of the trio.  He's likely sitting on waivers too in most leagues.  It might take an injury for startable touches to come, but if you have the space on your bench he's a decent stash.

• 3 weeks later...

700+ yards rushing his first 2 years. 

His YPC has been higher than 5.0 in each of his first 3 years. 

But here is the sad issue. Just saying the reality. Ingram is not getting enough touches to get injured. 

2 hours ago, Tenner said:

700+ yards rushing his first 2 years. 

His YPC has been higher than 5.0 in each of his first 3 years. 

But here is the sad issue. Just saying the reality. Ingram is not getting enough touches to get injured. 

Its Gus that needs the injury to free ingram

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

Is he worth a spot start next week my RB2 and RB3 are both on byes

If Ingram misses I'd say yes absolutely. If you are able to hold him through the bye and see what happens with Ingram's injury then that's a good strategy.

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd give a 4th round pick to BAL if I was AZ.

They need a durable RB that can handle a heavy load.

Issue is Ingram is also currently hurt. Agreed though, they should definitely move a back. 

16 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I'd give a 4th round pick to BAL if I was AZ.

They need a durable RB that can handle a heavy load.

As a current Gus owner, I approve this message. I've said all along, I'd love to see what he can do in a better situation. 

35 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yahoo just dropped his projection from over 11 to under 6.  Something we should know?  Ingram going to play?

I don't think it's known either way yet. Ingram missed practice today. Frightening matchup but if Ingram misses he's a dart that's worth throwing 

6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... is this cryptic for "trade to the Jets"?

🤔

Oh god please no.

My post merely represents my contribution to the wishful thinking going on in here.

I just wanted to be part of it

Curious how we feel about starting him but Gus has proven himself and seems to have the confidence of the coaching staff. Difficult matchup but if Ingram doesn’t go I think 50-70 total yards and a TD is feasible and a worthwhile plug and play. The confidence from Dobbins truthers does make me nervous 

If Ingram doesn’t go, he’s likely the two down banger and GL, right? Stingy Steelers D but maybe we can expect 40-50 years with chance for TD? 
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

• Like 1