NBC Sports Edge Forums

Gus Edwards 2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, CooL said:

If Ingram doesn’t go, he’s likely the two down banger and GL, right? Stingy Steelers D but maybe we can expect 40-50 years with chance for TD? 
Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Much more valuable in standard than PPR because he doesn't catch any passes, but he should see decent carry volume.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no thread yet for this cat? 18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per.  frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

Big fan of hype buses, trains and various automobiles...with faces...bravo!

2 minutes ago, Mr_X said:

Is he a good stash? What's the status on Ingram for weeks ahead of 8?

As most note, it is a three way committee.

Snap counts:

Dobbins: 136 (21-18-30 last 3)

Edwards: 127 (22-25-32)

Ingram: 108 (14-19-9)

Looks like even when healthy, Ingram was getting faded and that Edwards does have a role.  For the most part seems pretty equal share with Dobbins so that's what I'd expect.  Hoping he can fall into the end zone to hit value, but I'd be more comfortable with JK in PPR.

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, CooL said:

If Ingram doesn’t go, he’s likely the two down banger and GL, right? Stingy Steelers D but maybe we can expect 40-50 years with chance for TD? 

That's a long career, his nutritionist must be impeccable. I like it!

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 1
On 9/29/2020 at 8:28 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

no thread yet for this cat?

18/129 thru three games - that's a robust 7.2 per. 

frustrating Pvt. Dobbins owners worldwide, Harbags seems to really trust this dood - he ain't going away. 

in the event of an Ingram (or Dobbo) injury i could see him taking at upwards to 40% of the work ... he'll never fully put the kid in the rearview, of course - it's not the Ravens way ... Lamar will always be the rb1 there, regardless. 

anyways, chucking him into the 2020 player thread pool - it's about time. 

whatcha got?

Jr5Ni43khhG7GcNTx4fLX5GbxK0u3xC4kgbY3Al0

Big fan of hype buses, trains and various automobiles...with faces...bravo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, CooL said:

As most note, it is a three way committee.

Snap counts:

Dobbins: 136 (21-18-30 last 3)

Edwards: 127 (22-25-32)

Ingram: 108 (14-19-9)

Looks like even when healthy, Ingram was getting faded and that Edwards does have a role.  For the most part seems pretty equal share with Dobbins so that's what I'd expect.  Hoping he can fall into the end zone to hit value, but I'd be more comfortable with JK in PPR.

Thanks! Totally looks like it's a three-eyed Raven here when it comes to running.

no RB committee has rushed for over 90 yards against PIT, they are allowing 3.4 YPC, and 69 YPG,  allowed 4 rushing TDs to RBs so far (tied for least in the league).  he doesn't catch passes.  PIT can score so there wont be any clock killing garbage time work.  Not optimistic even with Ingram out.  I think best case scenario we are looking at 12 carries for 50 yards. Lamar will be the leading rusher as usual and JK will get all the passing.

50 minutes ago, Thrill22 said:

no RB committee has rushed for over 90 yards against PIT, they are allowing 3.4 YPC, and 69 YPG,  allowed 4 rushing TDs to RBs so far (tied for least in the league).  he doesn't catch passes.  PIT can score so there wont be any clock killing garbage time work.  Not optimistic even with Ingram out.  I think best case scenario we are looking at 12 carries for 50 yards. Lamar will be the leading rusher as usual and JK will get all the passing.

5 points is better than 0 points, when your other options are Wayne Gallman, Kyle Juscsysk, Frank Gore, etc. The backup emergency RB landscape is pretty ugly out there in bigger leagues.

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

5 points is better than 0 points, when your other options are Wayne Gallman, Kyle Juscsysk, Frank Gore, etc. The backup emergency RB landscape is pretty ugly out there in bigger leagues.

best case scenario...could be something like 29 yards

Obviously his stats are skewed by a huge game week 17 last year, but he's overall 27 carries for 157 yards through three games v Steelers according to Sleeper. I still have a hard time believing he'll be much more than a desperation play but he might be a desperation play that has a hope. 

Has anyone added him with the intention of not to play and just hold to see how things play out? Looks like we don’t have definitive timeline for Ingram’s injury. Asking because I don’t know if the hold is worth it so looking for feedback - Next two games Pitt (1st hardest v RBs), @Ind (4th hardest v RBs)

1 hour ago, FMIII said:

Has anyone added him with the intention of not to play and just hold to see how things play out? Looks like we don’t have definitive timeline for Ingram’s injury. Asking because I don’t know if the hold is worth it so looking for feedback - Next two games Pitt (1st hardest v RBs), @Ind (4th hardest v RBs)

Ingram owner here....yep

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FMIII said:

Added him for this exact reason. ZERO desire to play him this week but if Ingram is out a while and Gus plays well and outplays Dobbins this week, then he becomes an intriguing option going forward. We know the Ravens love to run and we've seen Gus do well before, so I think he can be valuable.

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, ESquared said:

Added him for this exact reason. ZERO desire to play him this week but if Ingram is out a while and Gus plays well and outplays Dobbins this week, then he becomes an intriguing option going forward. We know the Ravens love to run and we've seen Gus do well before, so I think he can be valuable.

Yeah I haven’t seen a definitive timeline for Ingram’s return..

On 10/30/2020 at 10:47 AM, Thrill22 said:

Clearly I know nothing about football

On 10/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, CooL said:

[...]

Interesting that JK only got 1 catch and wasn't involved in passing attack at all.

Then again, it's pretty clear that Lamar isn't that great this year.  

Gus probably retains a lot of value if Ingram is out for a while.  Baltimore will just run because Lamar can't throw.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story